The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
You should have posted this in either the MW3 or BlOps thread.

Speaking of OpTic, I find it funny the amount of people who are on XBL that have that in their name.

I'm just watching the video now. It's the first time I've ever seen them play and to be honest, whilst I'm sure they're decent and the level of play should be high. They don't look spectacular, to be honest. Not $400,000s worth.

Edit: They looked better in S&D when they worked as a team. Also, $200,000 to the losing team?

That's better than most 1st prizes at game tourneys.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tabris

Speaking of OpTic, I find it funny the amount of people who are on XBL that have that in their name.

I'm just watching the video now. It's the first time I've ever seen them play and to be honest, whilst I'm sure they're decent and the level of play should be high. They don't look spectacular, to be honest. Not $400,000s worth.

Edit: They looked better in S&D when they worked as a team. Also, $200,000 to the losing team?

My apologies. I'm not on the gaming forum often. :o:

Yeah, but most of those guy with OpTic in their name are those that follow the quickscopers on youtube, when the real players were there tonight. They seem to win everything in the US.

The UK team was essentially a pick up team just for the event. Only two of their players had ever played together before (Gunshy and XLNC) and so they lacked the teamwork/mindset to play the objective modes and ultimately got hammered in CTF and Domo. SnD is anyone's game, but OpTic seemed to play more fluidly. The fact that they weren't allowed to use Dead Silence must have made the SnD in particular very tough.

It's a good showing for the Europe side of things, with 4 of the top 8 teams from the EU taking home roughly $400k in total. Even 8th place picked up $25k :p: so definitely a high budget event (highest?).

In terms of the game, the UMP didn't look quite so overpowered as the MW2 one but I'm a little concerned by the amount of objects flung across the map. I can see that promoting some camping in the future.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by Tabris

I didn't watch it but OpTic are legitimately good, Nadeshot is regarded as the best SND player around and can't even make their team. I've seen him go up agaisnt the top youtube players with the 12 k/d's etc and totally destroy them in every gametypre, going pretty much flawless. So I guess it's all relative really, competetive players probably won't look amazing against other top competetive players.
Reply 63

Original post by mau5
So I guess it's all relative really, competetive players probably won't look amazing against other top competetive players.

Yeah, I thought that.

I've had a flick through a few of their videos (briefly). They do look good, especially as a team. I mean, they wouldn't be earning dick loads of money if they weren't. But a lot of the things they do in game, the comments they make; it's just common sense. Their teamwork is probably the most impressive thing and compliments like that I don't throw out very often. I've probably only complimented 5 or so other people in the last 4 years, so it's a big thing for me. But I'm not enamoured by them as I was by CS and Quake pros back when CPL and CAL were the gaming leagues to watch and take part in. Probably because I'm older and don't care about serious gaming as much.

To be honest though, most YouTube heroes don't seem to be anything special, I wouldn't be shocked about people going flawless against them. They're better than average, but that isn't saying much. I can never understand why people idolise them so much especially. The only one who does seem somewhat decent is xCal or whatever the **** he's called.
Reply 64

Everyone says they hate it but will eventually buy it :rolleyes:
I personally thought it looks quite interesting after the reveal.

Here's all you need to know about the game
bump for kuks to see :biggrin:
Reply 66
Original post by jermaindefoe
bump for kuks to see :biggrin:

Saw it now :colonhash:
Original post by kuks
Saw it now :colonhash:

:rofl:
I'm glad they've gone back to the old camos instead of having a million ugly worthless ones like in Black Ops.

Do we know if the game still has theatre mode yet?
Reply 69
Original post by AugustWestie
I'm glad they've gone back to the old camos instead of having a million ugly worthless ones like in Black Ops.

There are new camos as well that hadn't been added in yet for Cod Xp. Also Gold camo us unlocked once you fully level up a weapon
Original post by kuks
There are new camos as well that hadn't been added in yet for Cod Xp. Also Gold camo us unlocked once you fully level up a weapon

Oh right. Between Gold and Fall I'd still choose Fall.

I prefer the extra weapon damage. :wink:
Reply 71
Oh right. Between Gold and Fall I'd still choose Fall.

I prefer the extra weapon damage. :wink:

I personally will stick with blue tiger :biggrin: No vomit camp for me :p:
Original post by kuks
I personally will stick with blue tiger :biggrin: No vomit camp for me :p:

Prefer Red Tiger myself. :tongue:

I have to admit I am getting fairly excited for MW3 now. I know it'll end up as my "go-to" game when I'm bored. BF3 will be good but I know it will require more effort to play.

When is it you come back?
Reply 73
Prefer Red Tiger myself. :tongue:

I have to admit I am getting fairly excited for MW3 now. I know it'll end up as my "go-to" game when I'm bored. BF3 will be good but I know it will require more effort to play.

When is it you come back?

I should be moved in by the 28th. Trying to get internet sorted so it's there by the time I'm back :smile:
Infinity, I used to be a member of their former clan on COD4 but stopped then as I was going college and stuff so couldn't dedicate my time to them and all the events they go to for sponsorship and so forth. Most of the members now with Infinity though I dont know, 1 or 2 I think who I played with are still there.

I remember on crash getting a 66 kill streak so I was blitzed with messages, just thought it was some kids being asses. In the end I gave in and searched them online and found they were legitimate clan and people on SevenSins were mentioning them so I joined. It was great fun while it lasted, made some money and so forth, quite a bit which I bought a car with etc.

One of their older members on there had a 84 kill streak on overgrown sniping, it was crazy stuff. I was probably in the lower ranked players on the team. Even had I been with them today then I wouldn't have gone as only the top ranked would have entered/participated in the competition.

I'd love to go back into it sometime, it was awesome being at the top of gamebattles. :awesome:

Infinity, not Optic sorry. Heads all over the place :facepalm:
(edited 12 years ago)
No tactical nuke, yea!
Reply 76

Gimmie my digital camo.
At times I feel like I'm the only one - outside of Activision - who really likes the look of the game.

Oh, and Gold camo is back. I don't know if it's already been mentioned in this thread though.

And there is a prestige shop with the following options:

Extra Custom Class
Reset All Stats
Double XP
Double Weapon XP
Unlock Gear
Challenges 1
Challenges 2
Challenges 3
Title And Emblem 1
Title And Emblem 2
Title And Emblem 3
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
Hmmm. Kinda takes the point of stats away if you can reset them whenever you want.
Original post by Tabris
Hmmm. Kinda takes the point of stats away if you can reset them whenever you want.

People have been asking for this feature, for the last few games, because after you get to the top level it becomes stale. This is an option to reinvigorate that interest.

Quick Reply