Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Predicted AAB.
Choices:
Lancaster
Loughborough
QMUL
York
Leicester - received an offer from them today!!
Reply 41
i sent my application of last friday panic...

just waiting nervously for it to go through my college system and then it will be sent of to UCAS

good luck to every1 !!!
Reply 42
Applying (this evening) for Computer Science at:

1. King's
2. Southampton
3. Birmingham City
4. Middlesex
5. Plymouth

Currently studying an Access to IT course at Birmingham MET. No predicted grades yet, as only 2 months in to a year long course, hence the 'wide spectrum' of uni choices :P

Anybody else taken the route of an Access course, rather than the traditional A-Levels/BTEC/Etc? What unis you get interviews/offers from?
Reply 43
i'm not personally doing an access course, but i have a friend who is applying for computing and shes doing btec. She has similar universities as you, only almost all of them are in london as we are based here and she would love to stay.

Good luck!
Reply 44
Predicted AAB
Got BBB at AS
Choices in order of preference:
1) Lancaster
2) Newcastle
3) Nottingham (conditional - ABB)
4) Stirling
5) UCLAN (conditional - 280points)

I'm applying for Software Engineering as I prefer the contents of the course more than Computer Science.
Reply 45
Dunno if this a right thread but could you guys pls help me...

I have a choice of taking up at A Levels: Physics, Computing, Maths, Further Maths, Geography, English, Bio, Chemistry, History, Economics w/ Business, (Pure Economics).

Which ones should I take if I want to get into Cambridge? Thanks!

I was hoping if I could take Maths, FM, Physics and Computing but I feel instead of computing I should take pure economics. Pls help me with this dilemma guys!
Original post by Frankster
Dunno if this a right thread but could you guys pls help me...

I have a choice of taking up at A Levels: Physics, Computing, Maths, Further Maths, Geography, English, Bio, Chemistry, History, Economics w/ Business, (Pure Economics).

Which ones should I take if I want to get into Cambridge? Thanks!

I was hoping if I could take Maths, FM, Physics and Computing but I feel instead of computing I should take pure economics. Pls help me with this dilemma guys!

Maths, F.Maths, Physics are a must, Last subject depends on what you enjoy more, and what you want to do as a Degree.

I would recommend Chemistry, Economics, Computing (In that Order)
Reply 47
Original post by FredrickTrott
Maths, F.Maths, Physics are a must, Last subject depends on what you enjoy more, and what you want to do as a Degree.

I would recommend Chemistry, Economics, Computing (In that Order)

Cool, thanks... I just had my Economics Recommendation for A Levels Test. Hope I did well in that so I can get pure Econ for A level. I don't have any problem with Chemistry as I am quite good at that - but I was thinking if I took Econ that would be advantageous in terms of showing Cambridge that I am not solely good at Computers but also have a social science interest. Also it gives me the option of applying for Economics at LSE/Cambridge as well, doesn't it?
Original post by Frankster
Cool, thanks... I just had my Economics Recommendation for A Levels Test. Hope I did well in that so I can get pure Econ for A level. I don't have any problem with Chemistry as I am quite good at that - but I was thinking if I took Econ that would be advantageous in terms of showing Cambridge that I am not solely good at Computers but also have a social science interest. Also it gives me the option of applying for Economics at LSE/Cambridge as well, doesn't it?

If you want to apply for Economics, then take F.Maths, Maths, Chem, and Econ, LSE & Cambridge and other Top Uni's frown upon Computing if you are applying for Economics at Uni.

I thought you were going to apply for Computer Science, if your looking for Economics help, try the Econ forum:smile:
Reply 49
Hi Guys,

Anyone else applied/applying for this course?

Please post offers, rejections and information here. Let's try and build a community over the stressful application period. :smile:

Where did you apply? What is your subject background?

I'm applying at UCL, Exeter, Manchester, Aston and Sussex for CS with Management.

Only sent off today so no O/R as of yet.

:cool:
Reply 50
Hi, I got my offer from Aston yesterday and it says an unconditional offer of 300 UCAS points from my A-Levels.
Reply 51
Original post by fluteflute

Original post by fluteflute
For Computer Science 2012 then Southampton are increasing their standard offer to A*AA (just in case you didn't know)

I'm looking at Oxford, Imperial, Bristol as my current top choices. Not UCL because they require a foreign language GCSE, and probably not Southampton because I don't want to stay at home!

I know this is quite late although UCL would have assisted in achieving a 0.5 GCSE in a modern foreign language once enrolled at UCL. It is not necessary to have taken a modern foreign language.
Reply 52
Changed my second choice from King's to Exeter. Received an offer last week for Computer Science and Mathematics, conditional: Access to HE ICT Pass + 12 x L3 Credits at Distinction in Mathematics + 12 x L3 Credits at Distinction + 21 x L3 Credits at Merit.

Now, if only Southampton (my first choice) would get a move on...
Reply 53
My choices (in order of preference)

1. Loughborough
2. Trent*
=3. DMU
=3. Coventry

*(I'm still thinking 'bout what I'll put as 2nd. Atm it's Trent, but that might change :s-smilie:)

Offers from DMU and Coventry so far (typical that they're both my reserves.. :smile:), still hoping for Lboro.
Hey just taken a break from studying thought I would inform all on offers I have received:

Nottingham (Comp Sci) ABB
Nottingham (Comp Sci & AI) ABB
Leicester (Comp Sci) ABB
Reading (Comp Sci) 300 Ucas points

I am waiting to hear from Cardiff still.

How is everyone feeling about offers/studying/anything else?
Original post by FrankInformation
Hey just taken a break from studying thought I would inform all on offers I have received:

Nottingham (Comp Sci) ABB
Nottingham (Comp Sci & AI) ABB
Leicester (Comp Sci) ABB
Reading (Comp Sci) 300 Ucas points

I am waiting to hear from Cardiff still.

How is everyone feeling about offers/studying/anything else?

Congratz on the offers :smile:.

VERY please with the offers I have received thus far, just VERY worried about the A* in maths for ICL which I should receive a result on when we get January exam results. As for the others - I'm pretty confident I should be able to meet my insurance - whichever I decide to choose.

(IN THE SIG :biggrin:)
Reply 56
Woo =) Got my offer from Loughborough, kinda.

Had a letter from their admissions team saying they'll be offering me a place, and inviting me to one of the department open days (for students with offers), and that I'll hear soon formally re: offer. Still nothing on Track, though, and the letter was dated 4th Jan. Anyone else had anything similar? I'm guessing they're going to put them all on track once they've cleared the Xmas backlog, but I dunno..

No mention of any conditions in the letter, so will have to wait and see as far as that is concerned.

But will definitely be firming Loughborough now ^^. Probably DMU as insurance (they're having massive investment for next year in CompSci) if their open day convinces me the course is as good as the Uni feels =). Coventry probably getting ignored. Haven't heard a thing from Trent. Not even recognition of receiving my application...

Just gotta hope the offer from Lboro is ABB not AAB, otherwise I *may* struggle get it...
Reply 57
hmm not much of an update for me :frown:

Imperial - comp sci - reply in march =l
Ucl - mathematical computation - reply after 15jan
ucl - comp sci - reply after 15jan
kings - comp sci - reply after 15 jan
royal holloway - ABB :smile:
Reply 58
Just got three offers:

University of Leicester: 32 IB points offer

City University London: 29 IB points offer

Goldsmiths: 31 IB points offer
Reply 59
Hey, i have an offer from nottingham, UCL, Durham and kings. I prefer UCL and Durham. I like both compsci courses. However, UCL's is better on rankings and more known internationally (i know this shouldn't affect my decision). I get the feeling that studying in london is very stressful and not sure i will like it, compared to Durham which is more of a community feel. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quick Reply