The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
At the open day, I heard that Sheffield usually have more than enough rooms to fit everyone in. I visited all the accomodation and none of it is anywhere near bad, so we don't need to worry about being placed somewhere disgusting :tongue:
They said the only time you might not get your first choice is if you apply to Endcliffe ensuite because that's over-subscribed. Being allocated to Ranmoor is hardly a big loss though :smile:

Recieved my accomodation booklet today and i'm excited, even though it's only my insurance!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 21
Original post by ohdrama
apparently rooms are not allocated on a first-come, first-served basis anyway. so there's no need to rush anything. :smile:

I am clueless haha! Thanks :smile: have you firmed Sheffield? What course?
Insurance, provided I get a B in my EP (we'll see on the 8th of March...)
Original post by rebeccadaleyx
Firming my conditional for English Literature! I went to the open day on the 1st & now I'm so excited, wanna start already :biggrin:

I've got an offer for English Lit and Theatre but I can't really afford to make the open day so I don't really know about what I miss out on, what makes you love it so much?
Will definitely be either my firm or insurance.
Currently undecided on whether I'd prefer to go to SOAS, and if I get a Warwick offer I'll likely firm Warwick and insure Sheffield.

As it stands, I'm very likely to end up there though.
Reply 25
I've firmed Sheffield for French :smile: wooo! :biggrin:
Original post by okthefolkie
Hoping to firm it when I hear back from SOAS and Bristol. :smile:

Heard back from SOAS (my insurance), withdrew my application to Bristol, so Sheffield is now firmed! :biggrin: Excited for the future. :smile:
Original post by dulciemae
I've got an offer for English Lit and Theatre but I can't really afford to make the open day so I don't really know about what I miss out on, what makes you love it so much?

It had a really lovely atmosphere really, the campus, the accomodation, the union, everything really:smile:

The lecturers are really nice too & you can tell they're passionate about what they do. The course looks really interesting, not sure which parts will crossover between our courses but it all looked really good.

The facilities are fab too! & they have such a good student services & guidance.

And it always looks like they have something going on which is great! It made me so excited about uni :smile:

Plus I'm from Sheffield anyway so I love the city!
firmed sheffield for biochemistry and genetics :smile:
firmed sheffield for history!
Reply 30
firmed sheffield for itmb a couple of minutes ago. unfortunately, i couldn't visit the city before, but i read an awful lot about living there... so i hope i'll actually like it when i arrive haha.
Reply 31
Original post by thelovecats
firmed sheffield for biochemistry and genetics :smile:

Hey have you been to an open day? I might be firming molecular biology and genetics so I would love to know if the lectures are nice (if you met any). I would also love to know any information you have to the facilities too!
Just firmed medicine with pre-medical year :smile: Anyone else on the same course? Sure there are only a few of us! Any advice on the best accommodation?
Reply 33
Hello all

Just firmed my offer for MA Social Work! Very excited.

Busy looking for accommodation now but no idea where to choose. Any advice greatly accepted.
Reply 34
Firmed for Law and Criminology! Hopefully my hard work pays off and I get in...
Went to the open day and loved everything about it!
Original post by justn1c2
Hey have you been to an open day? I might be firming molecular biology and genetics so I would love to know if the lectures are nice (if you met any). I would also love to know any information you have to the facilities too!

yes i went to one in july and loved it, then went to the department one when i got my offer in december. iv met a couple of lecturers they seem really nice and passionate, and the building is amazing, the labs etc look really nice! it's the only uni i went to that i REALLY liked. you should definitely firm it :smile: are you going to look round at all?
Reply 36
Original post by thelovecats
yes i went to one in july and loved it, then went to the department one when i got my offer in december. iv met a couple of lecturers they seem really nice and passionate, and the building is amazing, the labs etc look really nice! it's the only uni i went to that i REALLY liked. you should definitely firm it :smile: are you going to look round at all?

That's really good to hear! and i defiantly will be looking around before i make my choice yeah :smile:
Having just been rejected by Warwick I'll now definitely be firming Sheffield.

I think.

Decisions are hard :/
Will most likely be firming with Sheffield! I'm hitting up the Law open day in a couple of weeks cannot wait I've heard such good things about the place!
Reply 39
Possibly firming for Chemistry, but really confused between Sheffield and Warwick :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest