The Student Room Group

I thought uni was going to be some what like american pie movies

I thought university life was going to be just a lot of studying and no fun, it was the opposite in fact, Wow it turned out to be like an american pie movies.

Edit- whats with the thumbs down? every out here had bad uni experience ?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yup. University is boring and overhyped. Especially at this time of year. Deadlines and exams and all that.
Seriously? :lolwut:

Why on earth would you possibly think that? :facepalm2:
He has a point.

It isn't like what you see in American Pie movies, although it was never going to be like that anyway.
Reply 4
Ah, so you have been caught by the balls, greenhopper!

It depends on many things, really - the university, the location, the time of year - obviously when it's exam time people are going to be more focused on studying - and the general ethos of the university. Can I ask where you're studying, out of interest?

I studied at Brunel and Academy was alright in terms of turn-out, but it looks like it's gone south nowadays (after I graduated though!)
I havent read any of the above posts but when I read the subject of the thread ... i literally ROFLed! *Sigh* - i wish
Reply 7
You say it's not but I've got a beautiful warm apple pie sitting right here.
Original post by Xamanus
I thought uni was going to be some what like american pie movies

Here's where you went wrong.
Reply 9
Welcome to reality. It sucks.
Reply 10
Original post by Xamanus
Is everyone got nerdish these days?

Not quite.
Reply 11
Why does everyone think that's what its going to be like? I'm not averse to the odd party or drink but come on, basing what you think a primarily academic insitute to be like on sensationalist hollywood films? Come on.
Original post by Xamanus
But its just opposite out here, Its so boring and what a big disappointment.. The library is full all days of the week, The bars are dead, if there are people theres only guys.. people just club once a night here in the uni nightclub which sucks because its turns to be a cock-fest and is so cramped up.. Where are the girls gone? where are the good parties? Is everyone got nerdish these days? What a big disappoinment.

1) It's a movie - reality is never as exciting

2) I'm guessing you're at uni in the UK - the experience is quite different to the the US uni's, especially the ones famous for partying e.g. Arizona State
American pie.
Reply 14
Which uni?
Reply 15
i am going to band camp at Easter; i am going to take my flute

:borat:
Reply 16
American College vs British University.

Derp

Movie

Herp
Reply 17
I'd be pretty upset of uni turned out to be like American Pie.

The sort of stuff they do in those movies, is the sort of thing I did when I was like 14-16.
Were you expecting it? A female to male ratio of 5 to 1, and unlimited alcohol from an illegal and free source? life is what you make it and all, but not even Part schools will ever match up to a fictional teen romp ^^ sorry.
haha I'd love it if uni was like that!!

Quick Reply

Latest