The Student Room Group

The Uni Revision Thread: Summer 2012!

Scroll to see replies

First exam in 5 days. Help ....
5 down 8 to go :biggrin:

All orals and aurals out of the way which is a relief! Now just written language papers, history, politics, law, literature and Linguistics to go! :eek:

Library day!!
Reply 102
Nothing's going in!! Exams start on Thursday :frown:
Reply 103

Original post by Sapphire_Eyes
Well this is fantastic I have about 1 week to revise my 2 exams i am praying for miracle!

I'm exact same...panicking..l.sitting on a first, going into my final year exams...only 2 t go but I've messed up revision and I'm struggling big time

I think because I wanna maintain a first, I'm worrying about how much detail to go into and wat to include etc... I may as well have procrastinated cos the revision I've done is no better

I know the stuff, it's structuring the essays etc ... 3 topics per exam so 6 topics to revise, 3 by next thurs and 3 the following Monday

Really hope I haven't screwed up my first :frown::mad::frown:
Original post by snowydog

I'm exact same...panicking..l.sitting on a first, going into my final year exams...only 2 t go but I've messed up revision and I'm struggling big time

I think because I wanna maintain a first, I'm worrying about how much detail to go into and wat to include etc... I may as well have procrastinated cos the revision I've done is no better

I know the stuff, it's structuring the essays etc ... 3 topics per exam so 6 topics to revise, 3 by next thurs and 3 the following Monday

Really hope I haven't screwed up my first :frown::mad::frown:

Luckily I got 1 seen exam so i got to re-write the essays over and over again to get it into my head and can have references for the exam thats my second on next Friday morning.

My first is Tuesday afternoon I've cracked 6hrs into it but I still a huge chunk of coursework to get through I'm determinded to get 6hrs of revision done for it today and finish this coursework and hand it in friday.

I got about 8 topics to cover its a 2 1/2 hour exam and 2 questions. Luckily the people who have been teaching us have wanted us to get good grades and have told us what they expect for their questions!

I think I can get a B grade in that exam. I need a 2:1 classification overall.
4 exams out of the way! I've got a straight run of exams now, starting on Saturday :frown: One everyday next week!
Roll on the 25th!!!
Reply 106
Original post by Sapphire_Eyes
Luckily I got 1 seen exam so i got to re-write the essays over and over again to get it into my head and can have references for the exam thats my second on next Friday morning.

My first is Tuesday afternoon I've cracked 6hrs into it but I still a huge chunk of coursework to get through I'm determinded to get 6hrs of revision done for it today and finish this coursework and hand it in friday.

I got about 8 topics to cover its a 2 1/2 hour exam and 2 questions. Luckily the people who have been teaching us have wanted us to get good grades and have told us what they expect for their questions!

I think I can get a B grade in that exam. I need a 2:1 classification overall.

Our exams are basically past paper questions, so we have a pretty good idea of what will be on it - so I've been writing past paper answers out - only I've completely hit a wall and can't do it! I spent so long on a confusing topic that I've just confused myself more - tried moving on to another topic and I've just hit a wall Ahhh help! lol

Ours haven't really told us what to expect, they went through one question that "could" come up but that's about it. I emailed my lecturer for help yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back :frown:
Reply 107
1 down, 4 to go. With two essays messed up, the pressure is on. Next exam Monday :frown: There are not enough hours in the day.
6 to go!! First Saturday exam tomorrow; 3 hrs!

Good Luck everyone!
I've tried revising with a programme called Anki - try it, it's amazing!!! It's basically flashcards, but I've learnt 350 word definitions in a day and a night, so I recommend it if you're short on time.
Original post by snowydog
Our exams are basically past paper questions, so we have a pretty good idea of what will be on it - so I've been writing past paper answers out - only I've completely hit a wall and can't do it! I spent so long on a confusing topic that I've just confused myself more - tried moving on to another topic and I've just hit a wall Ahhh help! lol

Ours haven't really told us what to expect, they went through one question that "could" come up but that's about it. I emailed my lecturer for help yesterday and I'm waiting to hear back :frown:

This first one is past paper based and on lectures luckily they've given hints and tips (based on lectures and uploaded stuff) so i've revised from that. They have said 'look around on an invasive species incase it comes up' and 'there might be a question in either ornithology or wildlife' or say this is a good exam question 'critically discuss ....'

But i keep looking on udo and ive followed the way they've uploaded material and said what gets a C/B/A- and a decent A grade so im following his words.

Did about 11hrs yesterday done 6hrs so on 17hrs got to hit 14hrs today.
Been writing/reading material and brainstorms and essay plans/cards.
I've tried pretty much every method I can think of, but nothing is going in!
Good luck for youse that still have exams! I've just finished all mine today (so glad I can just chill out now haha).
Reply 113
Why do I always set myself overly ambitious schedules? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest