The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

difference between Biz economics and Economics

Hi peeps, I want to know what are the differences between biz econs and econs in terms of the things we study?
Secondly job prospect wise which seemed to fare better?
Lastly, postgraduate wise, am I able to pursue further studies in biz econs as compared to econs?
1. Presumably business economics focuses on economics as it applies to business, whereas straight economics takes a wider view eg macroeconomics, economics of governments etc. Imagine the descriptions for each programme will give you some clues as to the differences, as would the module descriptions.

2. No idea.

3. I would think you have equal chances to study at PG level with both degrees.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I've applied for business economics, starting this fall.

1. The first is more economics whereas business economics deals more with firms etc., and I think it goes more into the social impact of businesses. Economics is also more mathematical than BE, since it goes into econometrics and whatnot.
I second what nonswimmer said, check out the modules:
Business Economics modules vs Economics modules
2. You should consider your own country. For example, where I plan to work, everything is focussed on businesses and firms, so I chose buss econ over econ.
3. I don't think it would matter much. Economics is less specific, though, so it could be more relevant if you take a less business-y path at PG
Reply 3
Any difference in the job scope the next time should you start work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending