The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
£2 on Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal would return £15. They're all playing beatable teams. Just wish i could deposit less than a fiver in my bet365 account!
jose
£2 on Italy, France, Brazil, Argentina, Portugal would return £15. They're all playing beatable teams. Just wish i could deposit less than a fiver in my bet365 account!

Brazil have Croatia...last I remember of them properly was during WC 1998...and they were good...
What are people's thoughts on the F1 winner...?
Reply 43
i was tempted earlier to put £100 or £200 on italy to beat ghana, but bloody martin o'neil has scared me off. might put a little something on if/when they score...
£200 on italy to beat ghana would be like printing money
Reply 45
I've got £10 on Italy/Italy - £10 returns £22.50

Also £10 on Czech Republic and Italy to win. £10 returns £28
Reply 46
I think Martin o'neil is talking arse. Italy are a quality team and they will be desperate to put the domestic stuff behind them. And Luca Toni is pretty much the complete centre forward. I've bet on them to win the whole thing @ 11/1.
Reply 47
sensible thing to do methinks is watch the first 10 minutes, wait for the odds to go up a tiny bit, then put money on italy if they're playing well and haven't yet scored.
Reply 48
20 games unbeaten aswell. I fancy them strongly.
Reply 49
I got a tenner on italy to win @ 1.61 and its looking good so far! This will be my biggest win if it goes to plan :smile:

Im hoping Germany will beat Poland too as i put my free £10 bet on them @ 1.53 i think.

i was tempted earlier to put £100 or £200 on italy to beat ghana

£100/£200 on a bet? omg ... you must be rich :biggrin:
Ok so I did bet on Czech to win and Italy to win, having said earlier that I wouldn't :ninja:

Going really well for me at the moment, the 'unsure' matches are almost done and over with :smile:

Czech to beat USA
Italy to be
at Ghana
France to beat Switzerland
Brazil to beat Croatia
Spain to beat Ukraine
£5

The red writing means won :p: So Italy's match it's half time.

Returns are around £62.

*hopes.. *
Reply 51
justfarhan
Ok so I did bet on Czech to win and Italy to win, having said earlier that I wouldn't :ninja:

Going really well for me at the moment, the 'unsure' matches are almost done and over with :smile:

Czech to beat USA
Italy to be
at Ghana
France to beat Switzerland
Brazil to beat Croatia
Spain to beat Ukraine
£5

Returns are around £62.

*hopes.. *

So if any of them matches are a draw you lose the bet all together? That sounds risky but a nice return if you win!
Reply 52
Cortez

£100/£200 on a bet? omg ... you must be rich :biggrin:

not really, i just am careful what i bet on... if you're willing to bet a pound, why not 10?
Cortez
So if any of them matches are a draw you lose the bet all together? That sounds risky but a nice return if you win!
Yup that's right.

But I'm not worried about the remaining games. I just hope Italy can hold on to their lead :smile:

Brazil, France and Spain should win comfortably. Spain have a great squad.
Reply 54
I think the Spain match could be a nervy one for you. The Ukraine have some decent attackers (besides Sheva) and i don;t need to say that Spain always underacheive. Having said that i put £5 on Villa for the golden boot :smile:
Reply 55
You can relax with Italy now though. Classy performance.
Hehe :biggrin:

It's my first day of using Betfair.. A few minutes ago I betted on the correct score to be 1-0 and also 2-0. This was before Italy scored their second goal.

The 1-0 bet was unmatched?

The 2-0 bet was matched.

What happens when a bet is unmatched?
justfarhan
Hehe :biggrin:

It's my first day of using Betfair.. A few minutes ago I betted on the correct score to be 1-0 and also 2-0. This was before Italy scored their second goal.

The 1-0 bet was unmatched?

The 2-0 bet was matched.

What happens when a bet is unmatched?

You can cancel it, or if its still unmatched it doesn't count anyway.

The way the odds change means that once the second goal was scored your 1-0 bet may have been matched. Go to your account bets page to check.
It's says it's still unmatched, under 'lapsed'.. So I get my money back for that bet? :biggrin:

And I just made a few quid out of the 2-0. I also betted abit on Italy to win and HT/FT Italy before the game LOL.

I love betfair.
Wahey, Haven't lost a bet yet.

Just won Italy/Italy at 2.68 and Italy to win at 1.69 :biggrin:
Previously won betting on Argentina, England, and Mexico to win.

Quick Reply

Latest