The Student Room Group

EMA Payment Dates

Hey there

I know this might seem a silly question but what are the payment dates for the EMA? First off I understand you receive it weekly in term time but I'm sure at my last sixth form it got paid in easter and the christmas holidays. Is this true? When does it NOT get paid?

Also what months do the bonus' get paid?

Thank ya's :smile:
Reply 1
when you start As -> Xmas -> Summer -> Start of A2 -> Xmas

or at least your meant to.

My weekly payments are iregular, as sometimes my teachers forget to mark me in so i miss some, i then have to go to someone in the school office and sort it out.
mine started off being every friday, then every monday. Now they tend to be on monday, tuesday or wednesday. No you don't get any during school holidays.
Reply 3
You don't! Theoratically, how much money would you have gained from EMA after a year in AS if you saved it all. Could you do the maths for me?
Reply 4
wondering how do you get the bounses ??
what are they based on?
do your tutors reccommend you?
The weekly payments depend on when the school orgnises itself really- we tended to get them quite randomly on different days. They're based purely on attendance and you get either £10, £20 or £30 depending on household income. You get 3 bonuses at AS and 2 at A2, but I can't remember exactly when they are, although you get one at Christmas in both years. You get £100 dependent on effort and grades as well as attendance.

Multiply however many school weeks there are in the school year by however much you're entitled to per week and then add the bonuses to work out how much you'll get.
samy26
You don't! Theoratically, how much money would you have gained from EMA after a year in AS if you saved it all. Could you do the maths for me?

Depends how much your weekly payment actually was.
Reply 7
samy26

I'm presuming there are about 40-taught/paid weeks. Based on £30/week, it would be £1200 minus bonuses. AS has 2 bonuses, so £1400 :smile:
Reply 8
I get mine paid every thursday.
And you get paid for the week before that of the date your being paid.
So if u were being paid for the week beginning mon 10-fri 15th you would be paid on thur 21st. So it is possible to get EMA in the holidays but it wud be for the previous week you were at school :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending