The Student Room Group

What does size 13H shoe size mean?

What does the H mean?
I'd assume it is the width.
Reply 2
Yup, width - and I think H is the widest you can get as well (I'm an 8G/8H), so anyone with the shoe size 13H must have incredible feet!
I work in a shoe department and when we put 'H' after a size, it means 'half' so I would assume it to mean 13 and a half. Maybe that's different though?

'H' seems far too wide to be a width fitting, all the shoes we sell are C/D/E!
Reply 4
H is the width. they do sizing by width as well as length more in shops like Clarks, where they do loads of childrens shoes so fitting both ways is important. My brother was an H, he had amazingly wide feet! :biggrin:
Reply 5
its the width, i work in kids shoe department and h is the widest that we do. the width range is c,d,e,f,g,h with c being the slimmest and h being the widest. is that a big size 13?? if it is, wow lol. those are some bigg feet. and you know what they say bout big feet!....big socks :P
Reply 6
mypaperheart
I work in a shoe department and when we put 'H' after a size, it means 'half' so I would assume it to mean 13 and a half. Maybe that's different though?

'H' seems far too wide to be a width fitting, all the shoes we sell are C/D/E!

your shop sells width C? I could never find anywhere that sold width C unless mum took me up to Clarkes Village...and then I had to have insoles in them..I had amazingly norrow feet...width C was too big....
Reply 7
maryb
its the width, i work in kids shoe department and h is the widest that we do. the width range is c,d,e,f,g,h with c being the slimmest and h being the widest. is that a big size 13?? if it is, wow lol. those are some bigg feet. and you know what they say bout big feet!....big socks :P

lol :laugh:
Reply 8
;yes; it's the width :smile:

I'm a G :redface:
Sephrenia
your shop sells width C? I could never find anywhere that sold width C unless mum took me up to Clarkes Village...and then I had to have insoles in them..I had amazingly norrow feet...width C was too big....

We do indeed... I work at Jane Shilton and the majority of widths are size C.

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to have H width!:eek: :redface:
mypaperheart
We do indeed... I work at Jane Shilton and the majority of widths are size C.

Wow, I didn't think it was possible to have H width!:eek: :redface:

Impressive..I think my mum would ahve objected o getting my school shoes from Jane Shilton though :p:
Yes H means width!
Reply 12
The 'H' in shoe sizes means that it is a half size. For example, a size 9H would equal size 9 1/2.

Quick Reply