Scroll to see replies

On train? http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/

Or do you mean by car?
1h30m - 2h00m?

I am assuming...
by car
45 minutes by train
Reply 6
About an hour by train, centre to centre, about 2 hours by car/coach, centre to centre.
can a student live in london and go cambridge?
is that a really stupid question?
Glutamic Acid
During term time? Yes, but it'd be difficult.

Wrong! Statutes and ordinances say you have to keep term, which means living within 10 miles of Great St. Mary's, the university church.

MB
musicbloke
Wrong! Statutes and ordinances say you have to keep term, which means living within 10 miles of Great St. Mary's, the university church.

MB

Oh, I see.
Reply 10
musicbloke

MB

Is it 10? I thought it was more like 3 or 3.5, with Girton being an exception!

Anyway, to the OP: No.
it would be impractical. why would you want to stay in london though anyway? surely the cambridge colleges etc are an experience that you'd want to have if you went there?
visesh
Is it 10? I thought it was more like 3 or 3.5, with Girton being an exception!

Anyway, to the OP: No.

Meh, you're right.

MB
Reply 13
About an hour to and hour and a half by train, anything from about 2 hours to 4 hours :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Around 3h by bus, or even more if there is heavy traffic :smile:
Reply 15
Firstly, you can't commute. It just isn't going to happen. If you go to Cambridge you are going to have to live in Cambridge.

Secondly, the direct train takes 45 minutes.
Reply 16
I love the fast train. 45 minutes of hassle-free reading time. :smile:
ukebert
About an hour to and hour and a half by train, anything from about 2 hours to 4 hours :s-smilie:

why are people just making up times?

the fastest train (from kings cross) is 47 mins. the majority of trains are fast. there are slower trains too, from liverpool st particularly.

As for living in London and commuting, I think if you can get away with the whole keeping term thing, it's not impossible. You'd have to live within walking distance of king's cross. You'd also need to do an arts subject that didn't have 9ams everyday. Lots of supervisors/fellows do it. The main problem is that cambridge train station is not close enough to faculties. I think I would have tried to do it this year, except the whole point of being in london would be to be able to enjoy the nightlife, which couldn't happen with a cambridge workload.
Reply 18
gooseymcgoose
why are people just making up times?

the fastest train (from kings cross) is 47 mins. the majority of trains are fast. there are slower trains too, from liverpool st particularly.

Yeah, my estimate was a slow train.
musicbloke
Meh, you're right.

MB

Isn't it 3 for undergrads, 10 for grads, though?

Latest