The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I ate my big mac with fries and a regular coke.
Reply 2
"Would you like fries with that, sir?"
They put me on the 'chicken side' for the first few weeks and learned how to make chicken burgers. Then I worked my way up the ladder eventually making proper meat burgers and learning the ropes until they put me on the till..then my brain started working, I got some sense and left. :laugh:
Reply 4
They aught to pay the customers to eat the crap that they serve!
JC.
They aught to pay the customers to eat the crap that they serve!

i really like their fries.
Reply 6
????
What did you do?

You will be put with a crew trainer who will stay with you - clock you in and out, takes their breaks with you, they will assuage your fears and build knowledge.

How much were you paid?
You will be paid minimum wage

Did you enjoy it?
Well next month I will have been there two years, make of that what you will..:rolleyes:

Be calm and do not stress about it.
i was put on chicken side with two girls who didnt speak english and left to bag nuggets up for 5 hours, £4 an hour, i actually didnt mind it as the people i worked with were fun but the wrok did me in and i quit in september but mainly due to the fact that i lived 30 miles from the restaurant
who on earth lives 30 miles from a mcdonalds store? you must seriously live in the sticks.
Reply 10
I was put on the till with a lovely manager of mine (she was then a staff trainer). She clocked me in and out, showed me how to prepare (hairnets, handwashing etc) and she showed me how to use the till and built my confidence by making me gradually take orders and stuff when she got the food. She took her break with me too. It was scary but not too bad. Depending on who they're short of, they will either put you in the kitchen or on the tills, kitchens look okay. Unless your job description is to work on the dining area- if so you lucky thing, you get paid more and most of them seem to do less!
Reply 11
I really liked my job at Mackys! apart from AJaxing!
I started on the 1/4 pounders, easy peasy, I didnt like working on the till because customers were so RUDE! dont eat to many free meals!
Reply 12
I got a job there about a year ago, went to the induction thing where they took all my details and showed me around and stuff buuuut never actually made it to my first shift ha :s-smilie:, I called to quit a few hours before after deciding that it really wasn't for me.
Reply 13
???
McDonalds pay far from minimum wage IIRC
Reply 15
Gaylei
I really liked my job at Mackys! apart from AJaxing!
I started on the 1/4 pounders, easy peasy, I didnt like working on the till because customers were so RUDE! dont eat to many free meals!

I agree :frown:

I'm doing a close on Saturday too, so I have to AJax and sweep, mop etc :sad:
Reply 16
Whats AJax? whats close on saturday mean? Will 1030 on saturday be busy there?
I was put on chicken. Seven shifts later I threw up over my managers feet after pushing a tray of chicken selects onto someone's head. I quit and was never paid. Now I work at Debenhams and it's awesome. No vomit or anything.
Ajax is what they use to clean the cupboards

I worked at McDonalds briefly and each closedown took abotu 2 hours it was ridiculous and we has to stay til it was done!
Reply 19
Anderson8
Whats AJax? whats close on saturday mean? Will 1030 on saturday be busy there?

AJax- it's a strong cleaning fluid we use for cleaning some of the cabinets etc.

Close on saturday, well I mean my shift is the closing shift, you're there until you shut and until after the doors are locked to customers to clean up etc.

10:30 is just after breakfast, it's quite quiet sometimes for a while unless there have been a lot of people craving burgers but then breakfast is still being served, then gets progressively busier as people go for lunch.

Latest

Trending

Trending