The Student Room Group

eeek :(

My AS exams (all 4) Start in just less than 2 weeks and finish in about 4, the teachers are always telling me how if i just work real hard now i will do well, Is this true? in all honesty im only really hoping for D's and C's. But we are going through past papers in lessons and i really have no idea at all about 3/4 of the stuff on them. Any advice? eeeeek

OK, reading through replies, i realise how stupid ive been putting this thread up. So before i go and revise *fingers crossed* can some people just give ideas in which is the "fastest" way to revise? i know its not great when it comes to asking that but im in a real bad situation, and yes i know its my own fault.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you're heading straight for Es my son. keep it up.
what about getting off tsr and actually doing some revision?
Reply 3
Try working? Does wonders for exam results, that does.
Reply 4
areyousure?
what about getting off tsr and actually doing some revision?

That would help although posting a thread on tsr doesn't really help anyone tbh just makes them feel worse with the replies people write lol.
Reply 5
YOU'RE GOING TO FAIL. Prove me wrong?
You aim for Cs and Ds?

What the hell have you been doing all year?
McCully19
That would help although posting a thread on tsr doesn't really help anyone tbh just makes them feel worse with the replies people write lol.

erm well, if you don't want to put the work in to get the grades you want there is nothing we can do..is there?
Reply 8
AS.eeek
My AS exams (all 4) Start in just less than 2 weeks and finish in about 4, the teachers are always telling me how if i just work real hard now i will do well, Is this true? in all honesty im only really hoping for D's and C's. But we are going through past papers in lessons and i really have no idea at all about 3/4 of the stuff on them. Any advice? eeeeek

OK, reading through replies, i realise how stupid ive been putting this thread up. So before i go and revise *fingers crossed* can some people just give ideas in which is the "fastest" way to revise? i know its not great when it comes to asking that but im in a real bad situation, and yes i know its my own fault.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AS.eeek

Maybe you just don't understand what you've been learning?

My AS is next week too. :| And i'm gonna start studying tomorrow or so ... :woo: :woo: :woo:

Anyway, maybe discuss whichever part that you don't understand with your teachers or even your friends? :wink:

Study group might work too, although it doesn't work for me. :biggrin:
Reply 10
tbh I was like this during AS. But halfway through the year, I realize it's stupid thinking and so I worked hard and I managed to pull my grades from Es to Cs. This may not seem impressive but if you work hard I'm sure you can do even better than me! :thumbsup:
just read and reread all your notes. memorize. make new notes. condense those notes. memorize. you should aim for at least a C.
It depends what subjects you're doing, but for mine I did every past paper I could get my hands on, marked them, anything I didn't know read over then did another paper. A lot of questions seem to repeat themselves if you're doing science/maths (don't really know if it's the same for essay subjects). But it worked wonders for me!
Reply 13
I came out with an A and two C's for my AS exams by doing **** all the whole year and not revising.

Take the lazy approach.
just believe in yourself and start.
revise before you sleep.
i have 7 exams left so you can **** off tbh :h:
Get your act together.
AS.eeek

4 you say? ok.....
c1,c2,c3,c4,fp1,fp2,f214,f212,f215,ph1,ph4,ph5. And yes I barely keep my eyes open.....
lol @ ur username