The Student Room Group

Any headphones/earphones that are like Beats but cheaper?

Hi Everyone!

I want to buy some new headphones/ earphones and I like the Beats make, but I don't want to spend that much on them.

Are there any the same quality like Beats but cheaper?

Thanks

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM

There are some amazing Black Friday deals on headphones at the moment!

Apple Airpods (white with charger) - were £199, now £131 on Amazon

Sony WH- 1000XM2 - Was £330, Now £199 - Shop Here (these are incredible)

BOSE QC25 Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Was £300, Now £129 - Shop Here

Beats by Dr. Dre Solo3 Wireless Headphones - Was £250, Now £149 - Shop Here

Sony MDR-XB950B1 - Was £99, Now £69.99 - Shop Here

Jaybird Freedom Special Edition Bluetooth Wireless Headphones, designed for Sport - were £90, now £35
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
How much are the beats/your budget?

Generally, stuff that's being endorsed by a celeb name generally has an equivalent OEM counterpart.
(edited 12 years ago)
Have a look at Sennheisers, very good quality from my experience.
Reply 3
Original post by Repressor
How much are the beats/your budget?

Generally, stuff that's being endorsed by a celeb name generally has an equivalent OEM counterpart.

For the headphones the beats are £149.99, and for the earphones they are £79.99.

I would say my budget would be £40-£50.

What is an OEM counterpart?
Original post by ab786
Hi Everyone!

Thanks

glad to be of service ....

Reply 5
Original post by ab786
For the headphones the beats are £149.99, and for the earphones they are £79.99.

I would say my budget would be £40-£50.

What is an OEM counterpart?

Obviously Dr. Dre isn't making the headphones, a headphone company will be. That headphone company might be basing the design of the beats on one of its own products, which will generally be cheaper. Can't seem to find who makes them though.

Although I agree with Gofre Sennheiser/Bose are worth a look at... can't go wrong with them.
Original post by Repressor
Obviously Dr. Dre isn't making the headphones, a headphone company will be. That headphone company might be basing the design of the beats on one of its own products, which will generally be cheaper. Can't seem to find who makes them though.

Unfortunately, Monster Cable, who make the Beats (and the derivatives, like HeartBeats) seem to have made the Beats their lower-cost or same-price line - the Monster Turbines (which look awesome and are the in-ear ones) start at around £100 :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ab786

Original post by ab786
Hi Everyone!

I want to buy some new headphones/ earphones and I like the Beats make, but I don't want to spend that much on them.

Thanks

I was actually rather disappointed by the by the in-ear beats I purchased. I owned the tour model, which was around £140 and it didn't compare at all with my previous Klipsch s4i earphones which were £50 cheaper. Fortunately the beats broke around 10 days in and so I got my money back. I would agree with the posters above who have mentioned Sennheiser as a brand to look into.
I bought mine fake Beats by tours on ebay for 41pound and real one white on ebay I got for 28pound and they just sound like the real one I have tried in HMV. So if you looking to buy one I think you should look around on ebay so many cheap copy. And I use them everydays work like charm.
Reply 9
The Beats are ****ing awful, a pair of £50 cans will outperform them, just go onto head-fi.org there are plenty of threads & reviews for cans within your budget there.
I got a pair of Beats Tour on ebay for just under £20, and they're better than my previous Skullcandies (although that is because of the fact that I got them from a less dubious outlet for a similar price, so for less risk I got less of a discount)
Its all matter to what choice people might like some like beats by dre or some might like others.
Reply 12
As many people above, I'd say sennheisers are the best. I have been purchasing several brands recently and most of them either broke or I was not satisfied with them until I bought myself a pair of sennheiser earphones for 30 pounds. Also, some big stores let you actually listen to the earphones/headphones that you are interested in so maybe go into one and ask for it.
Reply 13
If you're looking for quality at a fair price then you should be looking at Sony or Sennheiser, have a look at the Sony XB500, I've had them for about a year, excellent quality, good bass and very comfortable + in your price range.
Wow it's someone with sense. Buying Beats is daylight robbery. Get this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50X-Monitor-Professional-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1504648207&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=audio+technica+ath-m50x

The best value for money headphone out there. It's not like beats though, but a million times better.
Lool didn't even notice. What was this doing on Latest/Trending tab

Latest

Trending

Trending