The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by krussel
nah I think accounting and finance sounds about right...

nope. it's obviously armadillos and frisbees. deff sounds like an interesting course... :P
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
oh and is general studies included as an A Level for OB?
Reply 102
Original post by iheartliam
oh and is general studies included as an A Level for OB?

on my offer it said didnt say anything about General Studies not being accepted like Liverpool and Notts did. :smile:
Original post by i Pav i
on my offer it said didnt say anything about General Studies not being accepted like Liverpool and Notts did. :smile:

great!
Reply 104
I've just applied for Accounting and Finance, i'm predicted BB Distinction. Heres hoping i get an offer :smile:
What was the application process like for anyone doing Accounting and Finance this year?
Original post by K_n67
I've just applied for Accounting and Finance, i'm predicted BB Distinction. Heres hoping i get an offer :smile:
What was the application process like for anyone doing Accounting and Finance this year?

I'm a first year doing A and F, what do you mean by application process?
Reply 106
Original post by killercow292
I'm a first year doing A and F, what do you mean by application process?

Thats cool, are you enjoying the course?
Did you get a conditional offer? or an interview?
Original post by K_n67
Thats cool, are you enjoying the course?
Did you get a conditional offer? or an interview?

oh right, yeah its going ok i suppose :tongue:, i got a conditional offer (A levels) ad no interview, any questions just ask :smile:
Reply 108
oh right, yeah its going ok i suppose :tongue:, i got a conditional offer (A levels) ad no interview, any questions just ask :smile:

haha sorry about the mountain of questions, i'm just nervous about getting in :smile: What grades did they ask you for? and if you're staying in uni accommodation, how are you finding it and the people there?
Original post by K_n67
haha sorry about the mountain of questions, i'm just nervous about getting in :smile: What grades did they ask you for? and if you're staying in uni accommodation, how are you finding it and the people there?

thats fine :smile:, they asked for BBC, I didn't get uni accommodation so I'm staying in Slade Park (Managed by CRM)-its a joint thing with the uni....its near paul kent and crescent halls.....its ensuite accommodation-sharing with 4 others....very high quality room.....im the second year to live here.....its going well....flatmates are nice...oxford city centre is really nice....the course is also interesting and the teachers a nice and friendly
Reply 110
thats fine :smile:, they asked for BBC, I didn't get uni accommodation so I'm staying in Slade Park (Managed by CRM)-its a joint thing with the uni....its near paul kent and crescent halls.....its ensuite accommodation-sharing with 4 others....very high quality room.....im the second year to live here.....its going well....flatmates are nice...oxford city centre is really nice....the course is also interesting and the teachers a nice and friendly

It says that people that have a debt with Oxford Brookes will not be accepted? What do they mean by that?
Oxford Brookes is my first choice

Applying for Adult Nursing which is CCC :-)
Original post by shnibbles
It says that people that have a debt with Oxford Brookes will not be accepted? What do they mean by that?

I'm not sure about that.... something to do with tuition fees??...not sure sorry
no me neither on that 1. It could be if you owe money to the university from previous studies or such things. If you are a first time university applicant and have never had money involvement with OBU then i wudnt worry about it
Reply 114
Im applying too :smile: History! need BBB so will DEFINITELY put it as my insurance (if i get an offer) :L
Reply 115

Thats great thanks :smile: Did you apply for accommodation too late to be given a place? I love the look of oxford, it looks like a really nice place to live and the people seem really friendly :smile:
Original post by K_n67
Thats great thanks :smile: Did you apply for accommodation too late to be given a place? I love the look of oxford, it looks like a really nice place to live and the people seem really friendly :smile:

no problem......it was my insurance choice......
The concept that I will graduate before any of you start at Brookes is sliiightly absolutely horrifically terrifying....
Reply 118
Hi, I'm reaaaaally keen on Oxford Brookes for there Foundation Diploma in Liberal Arts cause I don't have a sodding clue about what I want to study.

But my friends say its a bad university.

what should I do? :s-smilie:
Reply 119
Original post by anox
Hi, I'm reaaaaally keen on Oxford Brookes for there Foundation Diploma in Liberal Arts cause I don't have a sodding clue about what I want to study.

But my friends say its a bad university.

what should I do? :s-smilie:

get some new friends.

Quick Reply

Latest