The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering application thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hey i went for an interview on the 9th and still havnt heard anything regarding offer or rejection - is this normal
Reply 281
Original post by Einy
Hey i went for an interview on the 9th and still havnt heard anything regarding offer or rejection - is this normal

It's ok, it's normal for them to take some time (one of my offers came about a month after the interview). It may not feel like it, but it's actually a positive thing, as they're still considering you
For those who've had interviews, how have they been? If you could also say where as well :biggrin:
Reply 283
yayyy interview at churchilll! :biggrin: anyone else applied here and heard?
Original post by physics1
yayyy interview at churchilll! :biggrin: anyone else applied here and heard?

ohhhhhhhh yes!
Anyone hear anything back from UCL yet?
Reply 286
Original post by MasterPotatoHead

Nope, they're taking their time -.-

No I haven't either, :s-smilie:

What's taking them so long? I've already heard back from the other 4!!!
Reply 289
UCL are being so so so annoying, wish they'd get back to me and say SOMETHING. I'm a bit annoyed imperial too, they've given me an interview, but since it clashed with my Cambridge one, which I accepted first, I can now only be interviewed in Feb! Oh well. Loughborough tomorrow should be fun, anyone know what their interview/day thing is like?
Reply 290
Original post by rudin94
UCL are being so so so annoying, wish they'd get back to me and say SOMETHING. I'm a bit annoyed imperial too, they've given me an interview, but since it clashed with my Cambridge one, which I accepted first, I can now only be interviewed in Feb! Oh well. Loughborough tomorrow should be fun, anyone know what their interview/day thing is like?

aww.....what other unis did you apply to..as you seemed to have applied 3 i already applied to...+no idea..hopefully its good...xx
Does anyone know what a formal interview at Manchester or UCL is like? Do they ask you technical, chemistry or any maths questions to do on the board? It's just that i heard from some ppl that an interview at manchester is almost as easy as birmingham, but im not sure since mine is a formal..
Reply 292
Was anyone at the Birmingham interview today?
Reply 293
has anyone got an offer from surrey that had there interview on the 16th of November?
Reply 294
Original post by limestone
has anyone got an offer from surrey that had there interview on the 16th of November?

I had my interview on the 16th. And no I have not got it yet.
Reply 295
should i be worried if its been a week and not heard anything from surrey after my interview ?
Reply 296
Went for an interview at loughborough..was ok...hopefully..but now I really want to go there..I want an offer soo bad!!!...
Reply 297
Original post by NYILoveYou
For those who've had interviews, how have they been? If you could also say where as well :biggrin:

I had an interview at imperial - the day was quite long and getting there was a complete pain, but the interviw bit went well. It was just a 20minute slot at the end of the day. Mainly we discussed my extra curricular activities. But then he asked me questions about the arrhenius and eyring polanyi equations. He asked me why in the exponential term of the arrhenius equation you divided the activation energy by the universal gas constant times the temperature. I didnt really know the answer, but had a think and came up with a reasonably good answer about collision theory and how if the temperature was higher the rate would be faster and since it was a negative exponential ect ect... so yeah
My advice would be relax - imperial interviews (if youre applying there) are really just a chat - be calm and have a good reason for why chemical engineering and why imperial. Oh and have some questions prepared to ask him - show that you are interesting and can keep the conversation going yourself, without him directing it all :smile:
Reply 298
I submitted my application yesterday... and received an interview at Teesside today! I can't believe it! :biggrin:

Though, I've had to request to change the date >___< since it's for the 18th of January and I have exams from the 20th through to the 30th. If I lived close it would be a problem but the travel 2 days before an exam isn't ideal!
Reply 299
Sent my application off on 16th Nov

-Birmingham
-Aston
-Manchester
-Loughborough
-Nottingham

Had confirmations buh no decisions. Anyone heard from Aston yet? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest