The Student Room Group

All A*s and 1 C.

Guys!

I got 11.5 A*s and 1 C in IT! Eek! I was wondering...

Will the C look bad on the A*s or is it just about the A*s?
Does anyone know for sure?

Thinking Oxbridge-wise....

Scroll to see replies

Highly doubt it.
No difference whatsoever for most courses.
Congratulations on having fantastic results - I also like that you set your sights high!

But please remember that A Levels are significantly more difficult than GCSE; if you work hard and succeed at A level then think about courses and THEN university.

Sorry to put a downer on it but I know many people who stumbled blindly into A level and bit off more than they could chew.
Reply 4
you probably won't be accepted to oxbridge with a c...
you shouldn't have taken it , now you'll never get in
Reply 5
Thanks all! (Apart from see-are). :/

Erm... C in IT because I hated it and I never tried and I wanted it to be my weekly personal rebellion! :P

It was GCSE AQA ICT 2011.... worst thing Ive ever studied in my life! Madness!
Reply 6
ALso guys-

Will they ask me to justify my C?! :/
Reply 7
Original post by siddiqi360
ALso guys-

Yes. Be prepared to be grilled about it and berated by the Oxford admissions tutors!
Dude, the government are happy if you get 5cs . . . stuff like medicine at oxbridge ask for about 9A*s, 11 of them plus one C in a subject that not many unis care about at gcse won't do you any harm. . . you're fine. I got a C in ICT but I did do it in year 9, did you?

:h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Not another one...

YOU CAN'T GET HALF AN A-STAR

THAT IS A C
Reply 10
cool story brah :sexface:
Original post by cyfer
Not another one...

YOU CAN'T GET HALF AN A-STAR

THAT IS A C

Are you dumb mate. Have you not heard of short course!
lol are you for real?
gcses act dont matter that much so im sure the worlds not going to end just cos you got a c
b62.png
Reply 14
Original post by siddiqi360
ALso guys-

Unlikely. Although, if you're at a job interview and say 'I have 11.5 A*s and a C' then you might get asked what the C was in. But once you tell them it was IT then they probably won't worry so much.
Oh, **** off.

I have seen this thread far too many times.
Reply 16
Its completely obvious to the outside observer you weren't the one at fault and that the school cocked up or the board moderated the coursework down or something. I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 17
Original post by GreenLantern1
Are you dumb mate. Have you not heard of short course!

Short courses are complete crap and a waste of time. Any person who is mildly more intelligent than a retarded squirrel will know this.
all those A*'s are now worthless. Your life is over and you might as well just kill yourself now.
Reply 19
Must be a troll.

GCSE results came out last August.

This guy must be in year 12 sixth form. I highly doubt anyone with results like that would even be worrying about a C, or come to TSR to ask about it, especially after 6 months.

Quick Reply