The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

When will I receive my accommodation offers?

Had a quick look and couldn't see this question, so sorry if this has been asked previously! I applied for accommodation possibly around a month ago, just wondered when abouts i'll hear back :smile: if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it! thanks x
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Im guessing just after the a level results come out, so sometime in July/August
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
16th of August is when people recieve A-level results I believe? sometime shortly after that
Reply 3
ah ok thanks! x
Hi, it was mentioned a few times in the Applicants thread, but you won't hear anything until after results are out, at the end of August. Very early Septemer at the latest, especially if you're not applying for on-campus.
Reply 5
I remember waiting and waiting for mine, it was super stressful! I found out a week before enrolment day! It's not worth worry about, you'll have somewhere :smile: x
Reply 6
Original post by Char081
I remember waiting and waiting for mine, it was super stressful! I found out a week before enrollment day! It's not worth worry about, you'll have somewhere :smile: x

that's extreme and stressful... but what is A-list (results)? Do all accommodations start on 16th September? I still need to book a ticket....

And the question (once more as I still don't know) - can they have more students than accommodation places? Can it happen they don't have a place for you and you find out it a week before study commences?
I emailed them and they said on the 16th august they do the accommodation.
Reply 8
Original post by Oliver_Samuals
I emailed them and they said on the 16th august they do the accommodation.

I've seen this date - 16 August on their website, but that gives student a very narrow margin to accept/decline the accommodation, as I've heard from some students from previous years who wasn't happy with their offer (they got offers at the most horrible accommodations because all places in the accommodations of their choice we filled in)

I just had a couple of concerns that are connected:
1. Can university to accept more students than they can allocate?
2. Comes from the first one. If answer is "NO", than I just book my ticket for 16th September and don't bother. But if the answer is "YES", than I would probably need to come a bit earlier to arrange accommodation in private sector. And I would not like to wait until 16th August as prices become more expensive with every day....
Original post by aphrodita
I've seen this date - 16 August on their website, but that gives student a very narrow margin to accept/decline the accommodation, as I've heard from some students from previous years who wasn't happy with their offer (they got offers at the most horrible accommodations because all places in the accommodations of their choice we filled in)

2. Comes from the first one. If answer is "NO", than I just book my ticket for 16th September and don't bother. But if the answer is "YES", than I would probably need to come a bit earlier to arrange accommodation in private sector. And I would not like to wait until 16th August as prices become more expensive with every day....

I find it annoying because i have my final grades now but I'm sill now allowed to apply for accommodation which is really frustrating >.<
Reply 10
yeah i have my final grade too as i did a foundation year! so annoying having to wait :frown: last year apparently they didn't have enough accommodation for everyone, but sorted it after a few weeks and someone on my facebook got moved into a 24 bedroom mansion! x
Reply 11
Original post by ldavies92
last year apparently they didn't have enough accommodation for everyone, but sorted it after a few weeks and someone on my facebook got moved into a 24 bedroom mansion! x

24-bedrioom mansion? nice :smile: well... I would not mind to kip in the van with other students if accommodation is not sorted out yet, but my main concern is... can they tell you at the last minute that they don't have enough accommodation, so search for it yourself, or if they accepted you - are they obliged to find something for you?
24-bedrioom mansion? nice :smile: well... I would not mind to kip in the van with other students if accommodation is not sorted out yet, but my main concern is... can they tell you at the last minute that they don't have enough accommodation, so search for it yourself, or if they accepted you - are they obliged to find something for you?

It's not very last minute that they tell you, unless you're in clearing, and they will try their best to help you find something, but you have to do some work for yourself too, they won't do it all for you.

They have to accept everyone who meets their course criteria, so it is possible that there may be more students than accommodation yes, like last year.

Quick Reply