The Student Room Group

Drinking whilst studying?

What does everyone think about drinking a glass or two of wine whilst doing coursework/revision?

Do you think it would help alleviate stress and perform better, or worse?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try it and let us all know how well you do on results day.
Nope. Wouldn't reccomend it. Okay, you'll feel relaxed and everything, but the information wouldn't sink in...
Reply 3
I wish I was that brave!
Reply 4
Considering I spend half the time at uni with a hangover, and I haven't been kicked out yet, I doubt it can be that bad for you.
Reply 5
Smoking weed has proven to help studying as long as you smoke a splif before your exam as well.

Same results have been produced with heroine,cocaine and masturbation.
Reply 6
A glass of wine actually helps me to be a bit less stressed when it comes to essays. Wouldn't recommend actually getting tipsy though!

Edit: Don't know why I got negged for this :s-smilie: I'm a 23 year old masters student, I hardly ever go out drinking anymore, I'm not an alcoholic. My course is extremely stressful and intensive. A glass of wine helps me relax when it comes to essays and I think actually helps me perform better. What's the problem with that? :s-smilie: I'm not saying 15 year old kids doing their GCSEs should be getting drunk whilst studying.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by facdroit
Smoking weed has proven to help studying as long as you smoke a splif before your exam as well.

The same has been found with chewing gum.
It's not the drug that does it, it's the behaviour, or rather the repeating of it. It's a cue, like how some people can remember past events from a certain smell.
Memory is a bizzare thing.
Reply 8
Original post by GeorgetheAug
It's not the drug that does it, it's the behaviour, or rather the repeating of it. It's a cue, like how some people can remember past events from a certain smell.

That's the answer then, as long you have a few glasses of wine before your exams you'll be fine.
Reply 9
Original post by GeorgetheAug

Classical Conditioning :smile: <3
Reply 10
Original post by James82
That's the answer then, as long you have a few glasses of wine before your exams you'll be fine.

Sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the Internet, and I only hope I misinterpreted your post.
Reply 11
Sounds like it won't really help, but meh have a go and see what happens :smile:
Original post by facdroit

I masturbated before my C1 exam and I got 100%. It definitely says something... everyone knows C1 is terribly easy, it is silly mistakes that stops A LOT of students from getting 100%, perhaps masturbation helps you relax so you are less prone to silly mistakes.
Reply 13
really? i usually just get tired after and get sleepy, something to do with blood sugar
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
[video="youtube;usDuyoec6Lc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usDuyoec6Lc[/video]
Reply 15
it might make you more relaxed, but it tends to make me feel lethargic as well. a cup of tea is better!
Reply 16
Try it and let us all know how well you do on results day.
Caffeine for me if studying, no alcohol
i turned up to my jan chem/psychology exam after drinking 4 cans of larger i ended up getting an C in chem and a B in psychology was predicted U's in them subjects going to drink in june exams to see what happens! :smile:
Reply 19
Depends, if you have writer's block, it could work. If you're just writing reams of bull**** as it is, probably not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending