The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

I've had two experiences with La Senza.

The first was with someone who obviously only worked at the weekends (due to age and complete lack of knowledge.) She measured round by back and bust (bad!), without asking what size I was wearing. She said "err...32C I think." I was wearing a 32D (La Senza bra) that I was spilling out of! 0/10

The second was with someone who actually knew what she was talking about! She realised that I was smaller than a 30 and gave me a Girly and Gorgeous bra to try on in a 30E and it fitted woo! It was her last day working there! :p: She'd probably realised it was rubbish...She did convince me that a Love Lace bra fitted though, and it didn't..so I'm deducting marks! 7/10

Bravissimo:

I went in wearing a 30E in a La Senza lace bra (back size is actually a 30 so was riding up and I was spilling out a bit.) Bravissimo always works the same way - the fitter asks if you've been fitted there before and if you haven't, they explain how it works. They don't use tape measures, they look at the bra you're currently wearing and estimate from that. Then they try on different bras and see what fits best.
The asked what I was looking for and I said an every day bra. She said that the bra I was wearing was to big on the back and slightly too small on the cup. She brought out a range of bras and I tried them on. I found one I liked and that fitted well from Freya and it was a 28E (they don't usually tell you what size the bra you're trying on is - I suppose it helps with the shock factor when people go in wearing a 38C and come out as a 32F.) It cost £28 but it was definitely worth it! It's still in good condition (with hand washing). I've returned to Bravissimo every time I've needed a bra now as I know I'll actually be able to find something that fits!
The fitters there also know the stock well and how sizing differs. When I wanted a t-shirt bra, the fitter knew that I needed to go up a cup size in the bra I was trying on, due to the shape.
10/10

I've been semi-fitted in John Lewis once - it consisted of the woman looking at me and saying "that's the right size" and then bringing me the handful of bras they had in a 28E (all from Freya.) I don't really feel I can give a proper rating!
helloo this isnt about bra size as such!
this http://www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/eveningaffair/Satin-halter-dress/903000052434?page=prod903000052434 is my prom dress.. but the goldy/cream one not red and i was wondering what bra you think i could wear with it so it doesnt show? thanks xx ps. sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place?!
turnonthebrightlights
this http://www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/eveningaffair/Satin-halter-dress/903000052434?page=prod903000052434 is my prom dress.. but the goldy/cream one not red and i was wondering what bra you think i could wear with it so it doesnt show? thanks xx ps. sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place?!

zis: http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=GO-4621&mci=&size=32c&colour=&image=r164-p469837-front

push up and will go with the stress (ish)
Reply 103
turnonthebrightlights

What size are you? (I'm not perving, honest :p:)
*River
What size are you? (I'm not perving, honest :p:)

dress or bra?
10 and 32D.. does that help, in some way?
Reply 105
turnonthebrightlights
dress or bra?
10 and 32D.. does that help, in some way?

It's just that with structured dresses like that, it's sometimes possible to go bra-less if your boobs aren't huge, but if you're not comfortable with that then obviously it's a no-go.

I've heard good things about La Senza's strapless bras - I think they also go multiway so you could turn it into a halter-neck.
*River
It's just that with structured dresses like that, it's sometimes possible to go bra-less if your boobs aren't huge, but if you're not comfortable with that then obviously it's a no-go.

I've heard good things about La Senza's strapless bras - I think they also go multiway so you could turn it into a halter-neck.

oh right, yeah ive tried it on braless and it looks alright i just dont know if id be comfortable with that all night what with dancing etc. :s-smilie:

i thought maybe this one? http://www.asos.com/Braza/Braza-Seam-Free-Invisible-Bandeau/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=162835&cid=6748&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Nude or something similar?
Reply 107
I'm looking for a good plunge bra that will give good cleavage. I bought the Panache Zara bra from bravissimo but really didn't like it....It comes up really high so limits the amount of tops I could wear.

Anyone recommend a decent one? I was thinking of Gossard or Wonderbra, anyone got either of these?

Edit: DD+ btw...
Chez87
I'm looking for a good plunge bra that will give good cleavage. I bought the Panache Zara bra from bravissimo but really didn't like it....It comes up really high so limits the amount of tops I could wear.

Anyone recommend a decent one? I was thinking of Gossard or Wonderbra, anyone got either of these?

Edit: DD+ btw...

gossard ftw
Reply 109
Subcutaneous
gossard ftw

Thank you, do debenhams sell Gossard?
Chez87
Thank you, do debenhams sell Gossard?

yup
Reply 111
I wasn't hugely impressed by La Senza bra fitting compared with other places...the girl came in, asked me what size I was wearing, I told her, then she only measured under my boobs, not around them, and put me in a size I'm not convinced I am. It felt horribly tight and I was spilling out of it and she said that it was OK, that the bra would stretch...hmm, not convinced...is this usual?Where is best for measuring?
Lell
I wasn't hugely impressed by La Senza bra fitting compared with other places...the girl came in, asked me what size I was wearing, I told her, then she only measured under my boobs, not around them, and put me in a size I'm not convinced I am. It felt horribly tight and I was spilling out of it and she said that it was OK, that the bra would stretch...hmm, not convinced...is this usual?Where is best for measuring?

Avoid La Senza!! John Lewis and House of Fraser are good, with Bravissimo being the best if you're a D+ cup (they don't use tape measures at all!)

La Senza fitters seem to be trained to believe that spilling out = good as it's just "cleavage." A fitter there tried to tell me I was a 32C when I was majorly spilling out of a 32D! Thanks to Bravissimo, I now know I'm actually a 28E and have bras that actually fit!
Reply 113
Everyone is saying that you need to get fitted properly for a bra, but not to go to cheap places like La Senza or M&S. There's no way I can afford John Lewis or Bravissimo prices though, so what am I supposed to do?? At the moment I just buy things that seem to fit okayish, and have never been fitted...
Reply 114
Beanybob
Everyone is saying that you need to get fitted properly for a bra, but not to go to cheap places like La Senza or M&S. There's no way I can afford John Lewis or Bravissimo prices though, so what am I supposed to do?? At the moment I just buy things that seem to fit okayish, and have never been fitted...

just because you get fitted somewhere doesn't mean you have to buy anything from them...

go to John Lewis/House of Fraser/Bravissimo to get fitted so you have a good idea of what a well fitting bra looks and feels like (and an idea of the size) then go to whichever bra shop you like and buy from them.

Personally I think that the quality I get when spending a little more is worth it. Remember that John Lewis's own brand stuff is quite a bit cheaper than the rest of what they have there.
Think about it this way

better quality bras = lasting longer

so in a way you're not having to keep buying new lingerie when they go and you're actually saving money
just perusing the bravvisimo website and came across this bra, just wondering if any of you had it and how lifting it was, i'm a 32G

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/panache/balconette-bras/pnc9-details.aspx?colour=Ivory
Love.Angel.Music.Baby
just perusing the bravvisimo website and came across this bra, just wondering if any of you had it and how lifting it was, i'm a 32G

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/everyday-essentials/panache/balconette-bras/pnc9-details.aspx?colour=Ivory

I don't have it personally but Figleaves has reviews on it:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=PA-4151&mci=&size=&colour=&image=r501757-p583506-front
I'm looking for a stick-on bra - does anyone know where I may get one of these from?
Not La Senza, because they're hideously overpriced in there - chicken fillets, £25 - they're having a laugh.
Ilora-Danon
I'm looking for a stick-on bra - does anyone know where I may get one of these from?
Not La Senza, because they're hideously overpriced in there - chicken fillets, £25 - they're having a laugh.

in what way do you need the stick on bra for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending