The Student Room Group

Best things to sell on ebay! - Profit!

Summers here and everyone needs money best things to buy and sell on ebay!? Any ideas cheers.
Reply 1
Buy = Shoes, games, bits and pieces you just can't be arsed to go out and find yourself.

Sell = Basically anything. I think electrionics get alot of buyers.
Reply 2
Got any practical skills? My friend used to buy faulty electricals, fix them up and sell them on. He made quite a lot of money.
Reply 3
yeah i reallly need to make some money for uni/summer im sure i can find some old books and electronics lying around
Reply 4
Profit: selling anything + buy nothing.
I'm thinking about selling clothes that i've hardly/or never worn.
wear your knickers then sell them.. old men love that kind of crap
Reply 7
OP is the guy whose parents supposedly gave him £20k.
here.

wat
I'm selling old clothes and books .. running out of stuff though
Reply 9
dhokes
Profit: selling anything + buy nothing.

:yep: this is basically it!
Didnt they find some people trying to sell body parts on ebay?

On another note, I could use some cash over summer. Can you sell 'services'?
Reply 11
TheGimpMan
OP is the guy whose parents supposedly gave him £20k.
here.

wat

yep, i have 4600 in my current account want to make it 6000 before end of hols :P. the 20,000 is now in a joint account with me and my mum.
Reply 12
Nick Longjohnson
Didnt they find some people trying to sell body parts on ebay?

On another note, I could use some cash over summer. Can you sell 'services'?

Yes.
dhokes

Awesome
Reply 14
get some toast and a flame torch and make a picture of jesus and sell it for 20 grand
Reply 15
jayman
get some toast and a flame torch and make a picture of jesus and sell it for 20 grand

omg i love your sig haha!
I don't want to hijack the thread, but those who have sold books, dvds etc, have you made quite a useful amount of money?
I have about 400 books which will go to charity shops soon as I'm moving into a smaller place so this might be an idea..

My fiance sold some coins and things he'd had for ages, and one of the things which made a really decent profit was a Californian police badge he bought for $15 about 5 years ago, and it sold for around £400 on ebay. Things you don't expect to be valuable are often priceless to someone else.
Reply 17
Look on the wholesale and job lots, made like £150 from selling new era caps
I used to buy things in bulk and then sell them in smaller parts. When Pandora first took off, I bought a large lot of replica beads (never advertised them as real, but people were looking for a cheaper alternative) for £5 and sold them one by one for £30 total. Then I spent that £30 buying more etc etc and made quite a lot.

I also bought other things because the beads would sell around £10 worth a day, so when I had a little more to invest they weren't selling fast enough, so I got things like the bracelet strands (again, replicas, got 10 for £10 and sold them for £2 each, and bought more when I was in profit).

It was quite a fun summer actually, but then eBay put their prices up so it wasn't really worth the effort anymore, because of the time it took to go to the post office (I don't drink and it's an hour round trip that I was having to make daily) and I had to stop when I got back to college because it was taking too much of my revision time.
Lol at the bump.

Now I'm fully qualified in my career its not really worth it any more. But back at school I had a few things on the go...

In a popular game I found a loop hole where items could be multiplied and then gifted to other players on line. I basically sold my "time" not the item its self so completely legal and for 30 minutes each day after school I was making £20-£40.

Car boots. I stuck to electrical items because their ebay value is pretty easy to determine. I've brought things in the past and made up 10 fold on what I originally paid.

I've also had friends who have brought things from charity shops and sold for a decent profit.

There is so much easy money to be made through ebay in your spare time at college/uni. Beats stacking shelves part time as well.

Quick Reply

Latest