The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well loading a page is very little, but one song could be up to 3-4mb if ur downloading it. Obviously I don't know the details of the contract but I assume is the about downloaded. (when you go onto any page you download it automatically, so theres no avoiding that)
Reply 2
500000000bytes?
orrrr
500000kb
orrrrr
0.5gb

You will never use it.
Reply 3
It's plenty is what it is.
Reply 4
Miss Me
I just a new contract and it allows me 500mb of internet on my phone, but how much is that?!

Thanks xx

Most websites are 50kb so thats 10,000 web pages a month. Have fun trying to reach that :p:. Though music can be 3-4mb and an average film is 700mb but I doubt you're going to be downloading films on your phone through cellula data :rolleyes:
Reply 5
It is more than enough for a mobile phone as long as your not constantly downloading.
Reply 6
you answered it yourself... its 500 mb
Reply 7
500MB should be plenty for general web browsing, and maybe downloading a few songs/videos. Most users will find that they won't reach the allowance. I think the only way you could exceed this is if you were using data-intensive applications a lot, for example internet radio, constantly streaming audio or video (Spotify/YouTube), or peer-to-peer file transfers (which most networks don't allow anyway).

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 8
loafer
i recently got a 500mb limit on my phone.
the weekend i got my new phone i used 70mb browsing (full) facebook and pictures.

the limit only counts 3G data that they provide, surely - not wifi?

Of course, how can they charge for a service they don't provide.
Reply 9
loafer
the limit only counts 3G data that they provide, surely - not wifi?

That is correct. The allowance you are given is for use over the cellular network, whether that be 3G, GPRS or EDGE. When you're using Wi-Fi, data is transferred over your home network or whatever Wi-Fi hotspot you're connected to, and not the network.
Reply 10
a letter is 8bit's (before taking into concideration font, size, colour..etc) . so 128 letters per kb. 131072 per mb. 65536000 for 500mb. so roughly about a days worth of internet browsing with no images.
Reply 11
MikeL230
500000000bytes?
orrrr
500000kb
orrrrr
0.5gb

You will never use it.

Or 4000000000 Bits.
Reply 12
Luca118
Or 4000000000 Bits.

This guy knows what he's talking about :yep:
Reply 13
imhiya
a letter is 8bit's (before taking into concideration font, size, colour..etc) . so 128 letters per kb. 131072 per mb. 65536000 for 500mb. so roughly about a days worth of internet browsing with no images.

A day, of browsing? 500mb? No chance mate
Reply 14
imhiya

So you reckon you can read 65 million characters on a mobile in one day?
Reply 15
MikeL230
This guy knows what he's talking about :yep:

I did it in my last physics lesson! :proud:
well 1 byte is the smallest. 1000byte = 1kb. 1000kb =1mb. 1000mb = 1gb. 1000gb =1tb. In terms of browsing, I think its sufficient provided your not torrenting or just streaming videos as that will rinse it.
Reply 17
FXX

Maybe he is reading The Art Of War multiple times in a day... :s-smilie:
Hendy
500MB should be plenty for general web browsing, and maybe downloading a few songs/videos. Most users will find that they won't reach the allowance. I think the only way you could exceed this is if you were using data-intensive applications a lot, for example internet radio, constantly streaming audio or video (Spotify/YouTube), or peer-to-peer file transfers (which most networks don't allow anyway).

Hope this helps. :smile:

This.
Reply 19
FXX

Not that you read, but that you could view just browsing the internet.

Latest

Trending

Trending