The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iheartmondays
what on earth do we do for the presentation? What do we have to present/talk about??????

ps: My supervisor left ages ago for maternity ! :angry:

I think it's basically your main findings/conclusions of your project. I think it's got to be simple enough that people who have no prior knowledge of the subject can understand.
Haven't your school got you another supervisor?!?!?!?
Original post by rachel08
i think it's basically your main findings/conclusions of your project. I think it's got to be simple enough that people who have no prior knowledge of the subject can understand.
Haven't your school got you another supervisor?!?!?!?

surprisingly no their answer 'independent research'

IM LOOKING FOR AN EXAMPLE
Hey guys, I know the essay is meant to be 5000 words but is there an actual limit? Currently on 3500 words and finding it hard to find more stuff to add. Mine is maths based so i'm finding it pretty tough lol

any advice/ info would be great
"To what extent should patients be entitled to healthcare on the NHS despite lifestyle choices?"

..is my title. I have no clue how to structure it and I have done a lot of research, concentrating on the two 'biggies' smoking and diet as bad lifestyle choices. I have looked into the birth of the NHS and what it was originally intended for, different procedures used to treat patients and what effect they have (economically mainly), have explored different opinions of healthy and unhealthy lifestyles, policies that have been proposed to overcome the problem etc etc.. much more.

I'm stressing so much and don't know how to specifically structure it and how to put my research into report form.....argggh! This probably doesn't make sense but I don't really know how to explain it!

I WOULD BE EXTREEEEEMELY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME ANY HINTS/TIPS/HELP HOWEVER SMALL! Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by heartswho
"To what extent should patients be entitled to healthcare on the NHS despite lifestyle choices?"

..is my title. I have no clue how to structure it and I have done a lot of research, concentrating on the two 'biggies' smoking and diet as bad lifestyle choices. I have looked into the birth of the NHS and what it was originally intended for, different procedures used to treat patients and what effect they have (economically mainly), have explored different opinions of healthy and unhealthy lifestyles, policies that have been proposed to overcome the problem etc etc.. much more.

I'm stressing so much and don't know how to specifically structure it and how to put my research into report form.....argggh! This probably doesn't make sense but I don't really know how to explain it!

I WOULD BE EXTREEEEEMELY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME ANY HINTS/TIPS/HELP HOWEVER SMALL! Thank you :biggrin:

I think that sounds really great so far. You could also look into excessive drinking and the toll that that takes on the NHS. They're always going on about it on the news. There's the whole thing of whether people deserve liver transplants over those who are ill through no fault of their own-waiting lists etc.

Structure-wise, perhaps make the birth of the NHS/original intentions a sort of intro/preface. You could possibly include in this how the NHS today differs from the original. Then have a section on smoking and a section on diet. At the end you kind of need to draw the common themes together. That's just a few rough ideas, hope it was some help:smile:
Hi, I'm thinking of doing my EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) on something classics related. I'm thinking of doing something to do with hero worship in Greek society, or otherwise something to do with the gods (I'm really into Greek/Roman theology)... has anyone got any ideas for a title/topic idea?

Thanks, I really need this help!! Only got a month until my draft due in!
Reply 1526
Hi,

I am wondering if someone could please tell me how long the average extended project(level 3) should be, in the form of a dissertation?

Thanks.
Reply 1527
How many hours of extra extracurriculars are we meant to do? I heard the average was 450 hours? I haven't filled in anything on the blog yet! I have another blog though but this doesn't encompass all the extracurriculars that I do :s-smilie:
Reply 1528
Mine is due in in 3 weeks, any ideas for a topic title? I know it sounds really late but I'll go all out and do it. I was thinking sustainability of a tourist destination or something sciencey?
Original post by hannahbrambani
Hii,

I want to become a Speech Therapist, and was planning to do an EPQ on autism, any ideas on a specific topic/question i could use?

Hey!

I've just finished my EPQ on autism. I'm not going to tell you my exact topic, but just read around a bit and you'll probably find something that interests you! Maybe you could look at treatments, and living with the condition? That might tie in nicely to speech therapy.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

S_123
How many hours of extra extracurriculars are we meant to do? I heard the average was 450 hours? I haven't filled in anything on the blog yet! I have another blog though but this doesn't encompass all the extracurriculars that I do

If you're talking about the AQA Bacc, it's 100 hours minimum in at least two areas (personal, community and work).

heartswho

I WOULD BE EXTREEEEEMELY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME ANY HINTS/TIPS/HELP HOWEVER SMALL! Thank you

Hi there! When I was writing mine, I made a massive mind map of everything I wanted to include. I'd recommend that, as it helps you get an idea of the breadth of your research and how best to categorise. Look what best fits with what. Eventually, mine was split into three main chapters with further subchapters. It was a massive, massive help for me to plan what chapters I was writing first - I could be really systematic about it and sure I wasn't missing anything out. Hope that helped a bit!
Reply 1530
Original post by alexmagpie
If you're talking about the AQA Bacc, it's 100 hours minimum in at least two areas (personal, community and work).

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 1531
For those doing the Edexcel Extended Project when is your deadline to complete and submit?

People in my college are saying the deadline is this week, yet I am nowhere near finished and my lecturers don't know :frown:

Also, how does the presentation work? I am doing an essay comparing musicians to poets, but am I supposed to present something to someone too? I'm getting mixed up by what people are telling me :/
Anyone have any presentation tips? Mine is tomorrow, and woe is me.
If you drop your EPQ do you really have to tell your unis?
It has nothing to do with any of my offers and isn't even mentionned, and I'm struggling so much because I'm taking 4 subjects and have English Lit coursework to do this week aswell :|
My EPQ results will come out in 10 March! Cannot wait to know what I got!
Reply 1535
Original post by jessibobs
If you drop your EPQ do you really have to tell your unis?
It has nothing to do with any of my offers and isn't even mentionned, and I'm struggling so much because I'm taking 4 subjects and have English Lit coursework to do this week aswell :|

Did you put it on your UCAS form?
Reply 1536
Basically, I wanted to do the EPQ this year, but couldn't come up with something decent in time/didn't want to take on too much and regret it.

I think I'll be taking a gap year next year, and I was wondering about doing ti then? I don't want to just stop studying for a year, so it would be good to do something like this. Is that possible? I don't know how it counts as a subject :s-smilie:
i just finished my epq essay! -- the epq is the worst thing you can ever pick up! I don't recommend it at all!
It is time consuming!

Nonetheless....its still %$£^&*&*^((&$££
When are your essays due? Mines in for tomorrow and I'm currently putting all my **** together for the hand in at 2pm. I still have lots to write and annotate and stuff.

Also, when do you find out your results? Does it come out at the same time as the ones for june?
Reply 1539
Hey, I just got told about the EPQ;

I am really interested in cross country running - what topics/questions could i have??
Also, i am interested in how media & fashion shape the way we see our body images today - what topics/questions could i have for this??

xx

Quick Reply

Latest