The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
OMG I looooooooooooove Waitrose! I don't like the prices compared with Morries, but I do like the selection it has on offer. It feels cleaner as well. :yy:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
cobra
Well the stuff I was looking at was pigeon, partridge and phesant

You can get ready to cook pheasant from the Teesdale Game and Poultry stall in the indoor market, i saw it today!
waitrose is really nice - though we dont seem to have anything now inbetween iceland and M&S/Waitrose....
Reply 23
I don't know why people complain about costs sometimes, usually you get what you pay for...
Reply 24
Becca
OMG I looooooooooooove Waitrose! I don't like the prices compared with Morries, but I do like the selection it has on offer. It feels cleaner as well. :yy:

It's a brand new store, of course it's going to feel cleaner - just wait until they've been around for a while and people have got sick of working there, their uniforms aren't as clean, the shop isn't as clean, etc etc.

I haven't been yet, but I know for a fact it's not going to be as good as Morrisons. I went back to Newcastle last weekend and went to the Morrisons I work in and bought crap loads of stuff - miss good old Morrisons food - MORRISONS THICK COUNTRY VEG SOUP!!!! :eek: SO NICE!!!

Tescos is good, but their availability is awful and so if there's something that you really want you're not likely to get it :rolleyes:

Waitrose = :frown:
Reply 25
Maybe I got a bad view of Morissons, the shelves were all basically empty. But the concept of soup being thick just appalls me.

Any soup < Heinz cream of tomato soup. MY GOD that is the best soup ever.
Reply 26
RobbieC

I agree :biggrin:
Reply 27
waitrose is great! its so funny...more than half of the people on my corridor haven't even heard of it! it was packed lol. it is expensive compared to mo's but you get what you pay for. and thats quality :smile:

i won't be a regular there, but maybe the occasion food shopping spree there won't hurt!
Reply 28
RobbieC
Maybe I got a bad view of Morissons, the shelves were all basically empty. But the concept of soup being thick just appalls me.

1. The shelves were empty because they were closing down :rolleyes: - they had been running stock down since the start of October, otherwise they would have a shop full of stock when they closed, which causes massive logistical problems (as in everything that is left has to be transported to another store somewhere...the more there is, the more annoying it is and more time it takes!)

2. NO - Heinz is not nice! I had some recently and realised that Morrisons soup is far better! OK so maybe not Tomato, but I'm not a tomato lover.....I'm a chicken lover and a thick veg lover. Yum :smile:
Reply 29
Ugh, soup with chunks is so not the way forward!!
Reply 30
dobbs
It's a brand new store, of course it's going to feel cleaner - just wait until they've been around for a while and people have got sick of working there, their uniforms aren't as clean, the shop isn't as clean, etc etc.

I haven't been yet, but I know for a fact it's not going to be as good as Morrisons. I went back to Newcastle last weekend and went to the Morrisons I work in and bought crap loads of stuff - miss good old Morrisons food - MORRISONS THICK COUNTRY VEG SOUP!!!! :eek: SO NICE!!!

Tescos is good, but their availability is awful and so if there's something that you really want you're not likely to get it :rolleyes:

Waitrose = :frown:

I KNEW you were going to counter my post!
Seriously, I prefer Morrison's prices but I like my food, so a good selection is always gets a tick from me. Hmm I don't know, the only thing I'm really going to buy is fresh fruit and veg so I'm thinkin the prices won't differ too much for me anyway.
Reply 31
I miss my Morrison's Vodka.. Morrinov!

at 7.39 a 70cl bottle, it was a steal. :frown:
Reply 32
Ive still got my malibu I bought here and drank half of in freshers week:s-smilie:

Half left:redface:

Should drink my stuff rather than going out!!
Reply 33
Actually Chris, I have found that Tescos is even cheaper!!!

Like £3.66 for a 35cl (the half bottle size) bottle! :eek: AMAZING!!!

If you ever need some, let me know and I'll grab you a bottle and you can give me the money.....since I live right next to Tescos :biggrin:
Reply 34
Tesco Value booze is AMAZING. :biggrin:
Reply 35
No not Tesco Value Becca.....that's just wrong, especially for alcohol :frown:
Reply 36
Yes Tesco Value. *nods* :biggrin:
Reply 37
Tesco value clocks, irons, frosties, just about anything.

BUT NOT ALCOHOL!!! :rolleyes:
Reply 38
Yes Tesco Value. *nods* :biggrin:
Reply 39
tesco value makes baby jesus cry.

Latest

Trending

Trending