The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Just in case it helps with any decisions:

Durham, York, QMUL and Exeter all announced they had been invited to join the Russell Group today.

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/russell-gr...ees-to-expand/ Durham, York, QMUL and Exeter

:smile:
Reply 921
Offers from Leeds, Aston, Dundee, Hull and Chester - don't know where to firm!!!! (Leeds or aston :s-smilie:) Dundee insurance though. :smile:
Original post by JakeE10
Offers from Leeds, Aston, Dundee, Hull and Chester - don't know where to firm!!!! (Leeds or aston :s-smilie:) Dundee insurance though. :smile:

Leeds surely
Original post by catoswyn
Leicester is not quite as good as Birmingham as an actual city though. (No offence to Leicester I'm sure its great but Birmingham is just bigger)

Birmingham for instance has internationally acclaimed theatre companies, great museums and galleries, more choice of night life, gigs etc and more shopping choice.

However it is important to consider your course. If Leicester is so far ahead then the choice might be obvious.

Hmmmmm, in terms of securing a good job as a lawyer afterwards, which would you go for? :smile:
Reply 924
Original post by Manisha93
I am so confused, the same can be said for Leicester and they beat Birmingham in all the league tables I have seen but hmmm :/

I wouldn't take the league tables as gospel. Employers will usually think of Unis that were prestigious back in their day, not go by the 2012 rankings by The Times. That being said, the high rankings clearly show that Leicester is doing well in certain areas right now so that's encouraging.
I sense you prefer Leicester... If you do just go there. It's important to be happy at Uni and it will still be possible to get a good TC with a good Leicester degree. Good luck with your choice :smile:
Original post by Bea492
I wouldn't take the league tables as gospel. Employers will usually think of Unis that were prestigious back in their day, not go by the 2012 rankings by The Times. That being said, the high rankings clearly show that Leicester is doing well in certain areas right now so that's encouraging.
I sense you prefer Leicester... If you do just go there. It's important to be happy at Uni and it will still be possible to get a good TC with a good Leicester degree. Good luck with your choice :smile:

Thanks for your help aha :smile: your right! im preffering leicester because they seem so friendly etc but i am still to visit birmingham. hmm who knows, good luck with your choices too :smile:
Reply 926
I really can't decide whether to put nottingham, bristol, or durham down as my insurance for maths, I liked all 3 of them :/
Reply 927
Original post by Z1G
I really can't decide whether to put nottingham, bristol, or durham down as my insurance for maths, I liked all 3 of them :/

Bristol :smile:
Reply 928
Original post by catoswyn
Just in case it helps with any decisions:

Durham, York, QMUL and Exeter all announced they had been invited to join the Russell Group today.

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/russell-gr...ees-to-expand/ Durham, York, QMUL and Exeter

Very glad to hear the new members of russell group especially after I firm york and leaving swansea and birmingham behind for social policy. Kent will be my insurance. Both york and kent are reputable social policy department.
hey,
i applied only to do fashion design, only in london.
i am french and i am 21 and i really want to be in London for my studies.

i was already unsuccessful for one of my choice and I am starting to realise that there is a big chance that i won t get in anywhere, i am so scared. I know that fashion is incredibly competitive, but i though i had my chance as my tutor in my foundation course are telling me that my work is great and that i am about to get the disctinctions.

is there anyone worried like me, preferably in fashion?

I should make some plans and stuff for the summer and next year but i am just a bit lost really,sorry if i sound a but stupid, i am just so worried.

xx
Reply 930
Applied for 3 different courses (History and Politics at Liverpool, Sports in UWIC and Birmingham, and history/sport at Oxford Brookes and Worcester), had 5 offers (including 1 unconditional from Worcester) for a few weeks.

Finally decided to go to Worcester :smile: (don't want to do straight history/politics or sport, Worcester course looks perfectly tailored to my interests and had a better 'vibe' from the uni and city as a whole).

So now I've just gotta impatiently sit though 6 months of work :'(
Original post by youbreakfast
hey,
i applied only to do fashion design, only in london.
i am french and i am 21 and i really want to be in London for my studies.

i was already unsuccessful for one of my choice and I am starting to realise that there is a big chance that i won t get in anywhere, i am so scared. I know that fashion is incredibly competitive, but i though i had my chance as my tutor in my foundation course are telling me that my work is great and that i am about to get the disctinctions.

is there anyone worried like me, preferably in fashion?

I should make some plans and stuff for the summer and next year but i am just a bit lost really,sorry if i sound a but stupid, i am just so worried.

xx

Don't panic yet. You have only had one reply! However you are right that fashion is ridiculously competitive and London Colleges the most competitive of all.

Here's hoping for a succesful outcome
Good luck
Original post by Z1G

Bristol is a great city to be a student in
Having trouble deciding between Liberal Arts at KCL and Philosophy at St Andrews.
Original post by racheatworld
Undecided between Kings College, London, Manchester and Newcastle for Dentistry. All AAA offers.

I would choose KCL!
Original post by electric-wars
I would choose KCL!

Thanks for your opinion. I'm thinking KCL or Manchester!
Reply 936
WE HAVE AN OFFER FROM STRATHCLYDE
PLUS NEWCASTLE AND PLYMOUTH

The University of Strathclyde (S78)
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (g) (JH65)
Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (g) (HJ56)
University of Southampton (S27)
Ship Science/Naval Engineering (H500)
Plymouth University (P60)
Marine Technology (J610)
Newcastle University (N21)
Naval Architecture (H503)
Please can someone help on our choice;.
us any information is important because it knows nothing.
Thank you for your time in advance:smile:
Waa just firmed York :smile:

Its all so final arghh haha
Reply 938
I still can't decide whether to put Sheffield Hallam or Nottingham Trent as my insurance?
hallam (sociology) and trent (sociology and politics) :/
My offer for Strathclyde has finally updated on Track...FIRM!! :woo: Its all so exciting, September can't come soon enough!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending