The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick conditional offers?

i was given a conditional offer on warwick-international management, like is it a really hard course to get into??? As far as i know, i may be the first few students in my country to get offers from this course(throughout all these years), and so yea i consider this as my dream.
but the problem is here, their offers are not quite easy(for me to complete), its like getting the second highest grade in biology economics and chemistry. I am not really confident in my biology grade, is it possible to like....use a better chemistry grade or other more outstanding results to negotiate with the school if i fail to meet the requirement??
Reply 1
It's hard to say without seeing the exact text of the offer.

But in general, if you're given an offer you have to meet (or exceed) it exactly then you'll be guarenteed a place. If you do worse in one subject but better in another then you won't have met the offer. However, if they find that fewer people than expected meet the offer in the summer then, at their discretion, they may let in some people who almost met the offer to make up the numbers. But there are no guarentees that you'd get in this way.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ttoby
It's hard to say without seeing the exact text of the offer.

But in general, if you're given an offer you have to meet (or exceed) it exactly then you'll be guarenteed a place. If you do worse in one subject but better in another then you won't have met the offer. However, if they find that fewer people than expected meet the offer in the summer then, at their discretion, they may let in some people who almost met the offer to make up the numbers. But there are no guarentees that you'd get in this way.

IDK but the thing is that they are already giving me lots priorities due to reason....perhaps coz I have been there and got highly commended??
ok i shud say i really wanna get in, if i flunk it in case, shud i write them a letter or wt?
Reply 3
Original post by centregirl
IDK but the thing is that they are already giving me lots priorities due to reason....perhaps coz I have been there and got highly commended??
ok i shud say i really wanna get in, if i flunk it in case, shud i write them a letter or wt?

They won't be able to make a decision on this until the A-level results come out (even if you're not doing A-levels, because they need to know how many people met the offer).

If you don't automatically get in (i.e. UCAS doesn't say 'unconditional' next to Warwick when you check on results day) then you would need to phone them (don't write a letter because it will take too long for them to read it). They will then tell you if they can let you in anyway. They'll make their decision based on how close you were to meeting the offer, and on your original application. So if you've received various awards that they know about then that would count in your favour. I'm not sure if it's possible to persuade them to change their decision - I've heard of some universities allowing this but others don't.
Reply 4
Original post by ttoby
They won't be able to make a decision on this until the A-level results come out (even if you're not doing A-levels, because they need to know how many people met the offer).

If you don't automatically get in (i.e. UCAS doesn't say 'unconditional' next to Warwick when you check on results day) then you would need to phone them (don't write a letter because it will take too long for them to read it). They will then tell you if they can let you in anyway. They'll make their decision based on how close you were to meeting the offer, and on your original application. So if you've received various awards that they know about then that would count in your favour. I'm not sure if it's possible to persuade them to change their decision - I've heard of some universities allowing this but others don't.

omgomg thanks so much, owe u big time if i get in hahahaha
i know its kinda not related but do u know about bath and lancaster business?? which one is better lol?:P

Quick Reply

Latest