The Student Room Group

are you a friendly person online?

In general, I don't think online interaction matters that much. for most of the day, I don't think about nor care about it. But it seems many get offended if something they read online is not to their liking.

Does this make sense?
Original post by ilovedesifems

Does this make sense?

no
How I am online is how I am in real life. :dontknow:

Does that answer your question?
Reply 3
No, I'm just very curt and unfriendly online, since to me there is no rapport and it's generally strangers.
Try to be lol. I hate when people neg for the smallest of things though :angry: I guess it's fruitless to try & please everybody so you might as well just be yourself :wink: I'm so much more confident online than I am in real life (where I'm quite shy around people as I feel that I'm getting judged badly). I dunno why I love helping people so much on here it's not as if I'm ever going to meet them in real life but it just gives me a feel good factor inside for some reason :rolleyes:
Reply 5
I'm probably more blunt online, whether that comes across as nice is another matter.
Depends on my mood but I find that people are VERY sensitive online. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Generally the same online and off. Yes I'm friendly.
I really hate how unecessarily unfriendly and rude people are on tsr because people come on here looking for help with real problems and that's kind of the point of this part of the forum... but its just reality that people dont interact in the same way online ... but I dont think its ever helpful to be gratuitously nasty or sarcastic- but it is an advantage of online forums that you can be honest with people- but a lot of people just make stupid assumptions- you can only go on what people say about themselves...there's very little you can actually know about a person based on an internet post..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending