The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Raleigh Park 2012? COME INSIDE!

Hey everyone! :smile:

Just wondered if anybody's applied to / got an offer from Raleigh Park? Or EVEN MORE SPECIFICALLY, Sillitoe Court, as that's where I'm going to be next year :biggrin:

I know it might be a liiiiittttle early to start this thread up, but I thought this would be an excellent place to get to know each other / trawl for friends / have a party and essentially get ridiculously excited or vomit-inducingly nervous before September :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied but it's not my first choice, still hoping for my first but could still end up in Raleigh :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Greetings,
I am probably going to accept the offer of an en-suite from Raleigh Park. I am just trying to convince myself that while St Peter's Court is cheaper, it is considerably more dangerous.

How about a brief introduction of yourself? I am from Singapore and I am going to read M.Sc in Human Factors this fall.

Cheers:smile:

Original post by dragonsatemylaptop
Hey everyone! :smile:

Just wondered if anybody's applied to / got an offer from Raleigh Park? Or EVEN MORE SPECIFICALLY, Sillitoe Court, as that's where I'm going to be next year :biggrin:

I know it might be a liiiiittttle early to start this thread up, but I thought this would be an excellent place to get to know each other / trawl for friends / have a party and essentially get ridiculously excited or vomit-inducingly nervous before September :tongue:
Original post by EN_32
I've applied but it's not my first choice, still hoping for my first but could still end up in Raleigh :smile:

Hi! :smile:

What've you applied for as your first choice? I was massively torn between Raleigh and Broadgate (mainly because Broadgate's so temptingly close to the uni :tongue:)

bread1980
Greetings,
I am probably going to accept the offer of an en-suite from Raleigh Park. I am just trying to convince myself that while St Peter's Court is cheaper, it is considerably more dangerous.

How about a brief introduction of yourself? I am from Singapore and I am going to read M.Sc in Human Factors this fall.

Cheers :smile:

Hey bread! Nice to meet you :smile:

I took a year out after my second year, so I'll be coming back to finish up my course in September, desperately hoping that I haven't forgotten everything I ever learnt :tongue:

Plus most of my friends will have graduated, so in terms of getting to know people, it'll be like being a fresher all over again! xD
(But hey, it's exciting.)

I'm an English Studies student, btw :smile:
Reply 4
Hi! :smile:

What've you applied for as your first choice? I was massively torn between Raleigh and Broadgate (mainly because Broadgate's so temptingly close to the uni :tongue:)

St Peters Court :smile:
Reply 5
Hi Dragons Ate My Laptop,

Its great to hear that you are heading back to Notts to complete your course. I certainly look forward to meeting you at Raleigh Park.

I have read so much amazing things about Notts...its unparalleled repututation, the lush green campus, the multi-cultural environment and so much more. It really got my adrenalin pumping to the maximum! And not forgetting the vibrant nightlife and shopping in the city.

For the first time in my life, I am going to be a foreign student in a faraway land but i seek solace in the fact that Notts is a great place to be.

Hey bread! Nice to meet you :smile:

I took a year out after my second year, so I'll be coming back to finish up my course in September, desperately hoping that I haven't forgotten everything I ever learnt :tongue:

Plus most of my friends will have graduated, so in terms of getting to know people, it'll be like being a fresher all over again! xD
(But hey, it's exciting.)

I'm an English Studies student, btw :smile:
Got an offer for Raleigh Park in Sillitoe Court for September :smile: i live in nottingham and Raleigh Park is wayyyy better then any of the other nottingham accomodation as its the newest. Yes its a bit further away from the uni, but not much, but its amazing. Cant wait! :smile:
Original post by bread1980
Hi Dragons Ate My Laptop,

Its great to hear that you are heading back to Notts to complete your course. I certainly look forward to meeting you at Raleigh Park.

I have read so much amazing things about Notts...its unparalleled repututation, the lush green campus, the multi-cultural environment and so much more. It really got my adrenalin pumping to the maximum! And not forgetting the vibrant nightlife and shopping in the city.

For the first time in my life, I am going to be a foreign student in a faraway land but i seek solace in the fact that Notts is a great place to be.

Ahhhh, must be exciting! (And a little scary, but as you said, Notts is an great place to be :smile:)

Look forward to meeting you too! :biggrin:

Original post by Sampanther101
Got an offer for Raleigh Park in Sillitoe Court for September :smile: i live in nottingham and Raleigh Park is wayyyy better then any of the other nottingham accomodation as its the newest. Yes its a bit further away from the uni, but not much, but its amazing. Cant wait! :smile:

Wooooop! Looks like I might bump into you then :tongue: Do you know what block you're in yet? :smile:
Ahhhh, must be exciting! (And a little scary, but as you said, Notts is an great place to be :smile:)

Look forward to meeting you too! :biggrin:

Wooooop! Looks like I might bump into you then :tongue: Do you know what block you're in yet? :smile:

Waheyyy haha im in sillitoe block, flat 16, do you know yet? :biggrin: x
Reply 9

Pretty sure Opal 1 is newer and that's literally over the road from Raleigh Park.
I have an offer for Madison Court in Raleigh Park, just need to pay my deposit :biggrin:
Ive put Raleigh Park as my first choice, was so torn between there, Broadgate and St. Peter's Court. But as i'm doing Adult Nursing apparently Raleigh's the closest to the Medical Centre and is quite popular amongst the nurses :smile:
Im doing nursing too :smile: Ive gone for st peters court because they have a free bus going to the QMC.
Original post by scbond
Pretty sure Opal 1 is newer and that's literally over the road from Raleigh Park.

It is newer, but if you look at the rooms, which i have...raleigh park offers the best accomodation. But not my decision to make i guess. In my opinion, seeing as i have been to see both rooms, i prefer raleigh park :smile: :smile:
Reply 14
I'm on sillitoe court at nottingham :smile: xx
Reply 15
Slightly strange! It says sillitoe court at first but when i go to payment it says i'm in madison court flat 5 room F. xx
Original post by Vsparrow
Slightly strange! It says sillitoe court at first but when i go to payment it says i'm in madison court flat 5 room F. xx

If it is Madison Court in the end, I'm in Flat 6 room D which I guess is in the same block :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by BeccaAnne94
If it is Madison Court in the end, I'm in Flat 6 room D which I guess is in the same block :smile:

I've wrote to you on fb :smile: xx
Reply 18
It is newer, but if you look at the rooms, which i have...raleigh park offers the best accomodation. But not my decision to make i guess. In my opinion, seeing as i have been to see both rooms, i prefer raleigh park :smile: :smile:

Looking at the rooms at SPC I notice the en-suite and slightly bigger space than other accommodation options :smile:
Waheyyy haha im in sillitoe block, flat 16, do you know yet? :biggrin: x

Sillitoe Court, Flat 53E :biggrin:

Quite a bit away then :tongue:

Quick Reply