Scroll to see replies

Don't you get an ID card when you turn 18? :s-smilie:
Reply 2

like what :s-smilie::s-smilie:
I don't know exactly, I'm not 18 yet. :p:
Reply 4

no i don't think so. well i don't know anyone who got one.

I think the most accepted forms of ID is passport/driving lisense, couldn't you use these?
Reply 5
hehe
Reply 6
lea164
no i don't think so. well i don't know anyone who got one.

I think the most accepted forms of ID is passport/driving lisense, couldn't you use these?

Well i cant be bothered to learn to drive so thats a no to that, dont want to carry round my passport so no to that as well, the provisional drivers one i might get but not sure if i should as i might not learn to drive for a fair amount of time
Reply 7
qwerty3
Well i cant be bothered to learn to drive so thats a no to that, dont want to carry round my passport so no to that as well, the provisional drivers one i might get but not sure if i should as i might not learn to drive for a fair amount of time

i'm not driving, and haven't got any real intention to at the moment, but i've got a provisional just as proof of ID, the provisionals last for 10 years so might be worth getting for now.
Reply 8
Nah you don't get an I.D. card, might change in a few years though. If you're talking about a nightclub I don't think a college I.D. card will cut it for them. I think you might have to reduce yourself to carrying your passport round with you.
Reply 9
Passport or drivers licence (full or provisional). Nothing else will really do. I've heard some places are refusing to take provisional licences but it's never happened to me so I don't know how true it is.
Reply 10
Student ID like a student card or UCAS E.T.C cant be used as ID, clubs, bars dont accept it.
There's something called a CitizenCard (I think), which claims to be official ID. It costs £9.
Reply 12
Where I work, we'll only take a passport, driving licence, or a Portman Prove It card
Reply 13
yeah bars are only allowed to accept drivers license or passports.
I use my out of date passport and havent had any problems so far. Has anyone had any experiences where a bar wont accept an out of date passport? I cant really afford to renew it.
Reply 15
I've been told off for using an out of date passport because you obviously look a lot younger as the pic was probably taken a while ago if it's expired
Reply 16
Doesn't Britain have like an official ID card or anything?

In Finland, if you want an ID that works everywhere, you just go to the police, pay them like 30€ and they'll mail you one within a week.

It's great. The official ID also works as a travel document, so you don't need a passport at all in EU countries. :smile:

I'm surprised Britain doesn't have one available.
Gemz87
I've been told off for using an out of date passport because you obviously look a lot younger as the pic was probably taken a while ago if it's expired

But did you get refused when you got told off?
HJV
Doesn't Britain have like an official ID card or anything?

In Finland, if you want an ID that works everywhere, you just go to the police, pay them like 30€ and they'll mail you one within a week.

It's great. The official ID also works as a travel document, so you don't need a passport at all in EU countries. :smile:

I'm surprised Britain doesn't have one available.

I thought the CitizenCard was like that in Britain, but I could be wrong. Edit: Except you still need a passport!
Reply 19
Most Bars/Pubs/Nightclubs (atleast the ones where i have worked) will accept a valid Driving Licence, Passport or an ID card displaying the 'PASS' logo which are normally cheaper than driving licences or passports. So you have a choice of 3 really. You might get lucky at some places an be able to use student cards but thats a rarity

EDIT:
[INDENT]
Gemz87

[/INDENT]

this happened a few days ago where i work. The pic of the guy was like 10 years old and so could have been anyone, a friend or a sibling. Also the fact he had a wallet full of cards but none with the same name as the passport was also a bit of a give away lol

Latest

Trending

Trending