The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I used to have loads (though not hugely collectable rare ones), and it was definitely the best TCG I played - I really loved it. I stopped really playing though as we just stoped playing it. Plus of course there was the fact that the ones I had most contact with didnt want to play with me because I could beat them more often than not...

My favourite deck was the last one I got - a mainly unmodified one from the series where the green mana sun got created (I think). It was an all artifacts deck which you probably know of, but I liked it a lot.
Reply 2
Unfortunately my brother has stolen a lot of my cards now and they're all mixed up.

On a side note, shall we take bets on how many extraordinary nerds are going to be posting here...:biggrin:
staylor
I used to have loads (though not hugely collectable rare ones), and it was definitely the best TCG I played - I really loved it. I stopped really playing though as we just stoped playing it. Plus of course there was the fact that the ones I had most contact with didnt want to play with me because I could beat them more often than not...

My favourite deck was the last one I got - a mainly unmodified one from the series where the green mana sun got created (I think). It was an all artifacts deck which you probably know of, but I liked it a lot.

I like Decks with combos of either red and black, blue and green, or white and green. White and black is interesting, however, as most black cards drain life points, and most white ones replenish them.
staylor
Unfortunately my brother has stolen a lot of my cards now and they're all mixed up.

On a side note, shall we take bets on how many extraordinary nerds are going to be posting here...:biggrin:

Yeah! okay! extraordinary nerds rule!
Reply 5
I cant actually remember what I used to like :redface:. I seem to remember enjoying to use decks with many different colours (though they werent my best decks), and I had some pretty good cards to reflect this. I had quite a few cards which got better for each mana colour out etc., as well as a legend card (legendary weapon or something) which when one mana of each colour was payed could destroy any one card of the opponents. When I was lucky, I could destroy all!!!
staylor
I cant actually remember what I used to like :redface:. I seem to remember enjoying to use decks with many different colours (though they werent my best decks), and I had some pretty good cards to reflect this. I had quite a few cards which got better for each mana colour out etc., as well as a legend card (legendary weapon or something) which when one mana of each colour was payed could destroy any one card of the opponents. When I was lucky, I could destroy all!!!

My strongest card is Denisen of the Deep, power and toughness 11. I usually only use it in blue-only decks, however, as it takes 2 blue mana and 6 others.
I also like red cards like shock, volcanic hammer, and lava axe. They can finish an opponent in minutes!
Reply 8
11:11 :eek:

My best was something like 9:9 and that was a green one.
I have A Colossal Pyrexian 11:11 :biggrin:
That's three extraordinary nerds! I wonder if Yo-Less himself collects them?

By the way, in all the new sets green is stronger than blue, I have 2 enormous baloths, which are 7:7, and several others which I don't remember their names offhand.
Reply 11
I might start collecting again - I miss the joy of looking through my new deck happily pondering new ways to crush my opponent.
Reply 12
Constantine

Is it phyrexian? They were the black machine things which wanted to destroy everything werent they?

I rather liked the background stories, but there were too many books for me to keep up to date and it always annoys me when I know only half the story.
staylor
Is it phyrexian? They were the black machine things which wanted to destroy everything werent they?

I rather liked the background stories, but there were too many books for me to keep up to date and it always annoys me when I know only half the story.

Yeah, I hardly know anything about the background because I can't be bothered switching from book to book reading them all. I like the background info and quotes on the cards, however.
staylor
I might start collecting again - I miss the joy of looking through my new deck happily pondering new ways to crush my opponent.

You should get the latest starter pack, if you don't already have it. It comes with a disk so you can play online against people if you can't find any mates who want to play.
I am a player, and i'm totally amazing at the game. I can't remember how many cards i had at the last count, but its over 1000 easily.
I've made this immense Green/White Deck, not using specific rules or anything for deck making (like Type 2, 1.5, 1 or anything), but not too many rare cards either, due to the cards i actually have. Armodillo cloak is an amazing card in my deck, as you stick it on anything of a decent size, and its game over, for three mana really. Most effective is with either Charging Troll or Trained Armodon i think, mainly because the former is immense too (regenerate for a green, as well as not tapping to attack (can't remember the name of that ability in the newer blocks)), and the latter is a 3/3 for 3 mana, which can't be bad.
Reply 16
I think I have Armadillo Cloak somewhere.

Sounds like I need a trip to travelling man...
staylor
I think I have Armadillo Cloak somewhere.

Sounds like I need a trip to travelling man...

Well its a fairly easy card to get hold of i think, though my local card game shop is selling the invasion block cards at ludicrous prices (mainly because they were all pretty good cards IMO).
If you got the card from a box set, you'd also have the Charging Troll too.

I personally have a soft spot for the unhinged cards myself, because they are so funny, but they aren't really playable half the time.
Constantine

If you mean phyrexian colossus its only 8/8 (which i have too BTW, as a part of the tinker deck i used to play)
AndrewsJoseph
My strongest card is Denisen of the Deep, power and toughness 11. I usually only use it in blue-only decks, however, as it takes 2 blue mana and 6 others.

Well it would also fit into a blue/red deck, throwing in a couple of burn spells, and a couple of Mana Flares (to play the thing alot quicker)