The Student Room Group
Reply 1
devilschild
Anyone got any tips for how to approach writing a reflective account or examples they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm really stuck about what they are looking for and what kind of situation I should write about. Thanks v much!

Have you looked at different models such as Gibbs reflective cycle?

You can write about any situation that has significance to you. It does not need to be something extraordinary. At the start of your training they look for reflective pieces on taking history for example (at my Uni at least). If stuck ask your tutors for advice, particularly if your account is going to be assessed.
It's self-reflection. Think of a particular aspect of one of your clinical encounters and how it affected you. People complain about reflective exercises, but really they're just glorified diary entries. As long as you explain:
a) The event
b) The medical outcome of the event
c) How the event affected you
d) If you played a role in the event, whether you did the right thing and how it changed you as a person

And so on so forth. It's good to put on some relaxing music and type as you think :smile:
Reply 3
The only way I have ever found to do it is to ask a mate if you can adjust theirs.
Could include what you have learned from that experience or what weaknesses have you found during that experience. Then proceed on to talk about how you would improve from those weaknesses.
I ******* hate these.
Reply 6
the key is to use the word 'I' as much as possible
Thank god I'm doing a Balint group this year so I avoid writing two essay pieces haha. (http://www.balint.co.uk/about_us/balint_groups.html) if you don't know what that is...

Latest

Trending

Trending