The Student Room Group

Rioters parents have a responsibility to get their kids off the streets.

Parents of rioters, you're a failure to society, that is the cold hard truth. Know your role, accept you ****ed up big time, and get your kid in bed and read them a story like a proper ****ing parent does.

Get your stupid uneducated retarded offspring into your homes now and stop them ruining the country for the hard working people that keep a roof over your heads and put food on your tables.

You have a responsibility as parents to make sure your children are disciplined and grow up to be respecting individuals to others, not thuggish animals intent on ruining the lives of other people within society. Yes, you are failures as parents, you are failures to your children and most of all you are failures to society. What a disgrace. If you dont want to be responsible for your offspring then PUT SOMETHING ON THE ****ING END OF IT OR KEEP YOUR LEGS SHUT! SIMPLE.

Spoiler

Yes, sort your children out. A lot of these uneducated yobs are about 10-16 years old and even 17-20 year olds aren't too old for a good ass kicking from their parents. Stuff all this 'you cant hit your children nonsense'. I was hit when I was a naughty kid, I learnt from it, grew up and become a better person for it. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Know your role, the civilised people of Britain look down on you, and most of all, Jezza looks down on you.

Get your retarded offspring off the streets that so many HARD WORKING AND LOVELY NORMAL INTELLIGENT AND CIVILISED PEOPLE have contributed too. You are a waste of life, you let your children grow up into these disrespecting selfish animalistic and inhumane vandals. All of them should be convicted for attempted MURDER! Setting fires to peoples homes, mothers crying with little babies in their arms in the streets. WHO THE FLYING **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? You're nothing special.

I hope the army sticks bullets in you all. SCUM!

If my son was out doing all this and he came home and I found out I'd drag his ass to the police station after beating seven shades of crap out of him. I'd make him write an apology and then once he was sentenced I'd disown his sorry inhumane ass.

KNOW YOUR ROLE!

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You do realize that not every bad kid has bad parents? When a kid is just a pure Dick there is not much any parent can do.

Please tell me how you would 'keep your child in' when he is a 16 year old violent person ?

Naive thoughts tbh.
Reply 2
How do you get a sitter for the kids when the parents are out rioting on short notice though?
Original post by Tommyjw
You do realize that not every bad kid has bad parents? When a kid is just a pure Dick there is not much any parent can do.

Please tell me how you would 'keep your child in' when he is a 16 year old violent person ?

Naive thoughts tbh.

I was kept in at times when I was 16. At 16, living in your parents home, its up to them, you're living under their roof and by their rules and they are still your legal guardians. If the child doesn't respect them enough to respect their wishes that just shows a more in depth failure in parenting. Children should be disciplined to a level where they should respect their parents totally. If they want to be pricks later on in life as adults, thats up to them but under their parents roof they should have respect and their parents have a responsibility.

This clearly highlights why national service should be brought back for certain individuals. People who commit crimes like this should go straight into the army to be disciplined and be told abruptly that they're not the special bastards they think they are.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
The parents are joining in. They keep a look out outside the shops whilst their children loot.
Youre such a populist repwhore :\

Their parents arent there, a lot come from single parent homes or live with elderly grandparents. Not that that is an excuse....
Original post by DontPropositionMe

Their parents arent there, a lot come from single parent homes or live with elderly grandparents. Not that that is an excuse....

Nonsense. I've had over 500 negative rep in the last week. Rep means nothing to me. I speak the truth and keep it real.

:top:
Original post by Tommyjw

Naive thoughts tbh.

This. Of course a lot of parents are to blame, and the fact that there seems to be absolutely no discipline in some families, and serious issues within communities. Nobody is denying that at all. But people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions sooner or later. A lot of these kids are on the brink of adulthood, which is beyond worrying - just a load more criminals being added to our society by the looks of things. They need to start mixing with the right kinds of people, know and accept that what they are doing is completely out of order and have a basic concept of right from wrong already.
Reply 8
Society had the responsibility to create a society where people were not put in a condition where they may choose to riot. Society threw away that responsibility and now they face the consequences. The chickens are coming home to roost. Deal with it Britain.
Reply 9
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
I was kept in at times when I was 16. At 16, living in your parents home, its up to them, you're living under their roof and by their rules and they are still your legal guardians. If the child doesn't respect them enough to respect their wishes that just shows a more in depth failure in parenting. Children should be disciplined to a level where they should respect their parents totally. If they want to be pricks later on in life as adults, thats up to them but under their parents roof they should have respect and their parents have a responsibility.

This clearly highlights why national service should be brought back for certain individuals. People who commit crimes like this should go straight into the army to be disciplined and be told abruptly that they're not the special bastards they think they are.

not at all we live in a society where if you listen to your parents you are bullied and laughed at resulting in kids not listening to their parents

im quite frankly sick of idiots who know nothing about being a parent telling parents how they should be raising there child
Original post by Stressworthy
This. Of course a lot of parents are to blame, and the fact that there seems to be absolutely no discipline in some families, and serious issues within communities. Nobody is denying that at all. But people need to start taking responsibility for their own actions sooner or later. A lot of these kids are on the brink of adulthood, which is beyond worrying - just a load more criminals being added to our society by the looks of things. They need to start mixing with the right kinds of people, know and accept that what they are doing is completely out of order and have a basic concept of right from wrong already.

I agree but a parent that lets a bad child get away with it is a bad parent as they're not enforcing discipline, morals or respect.

Parents have some responsibility as stated, they're not solely responsible. The scumbag rioters are majorly responsible, as we can all agree.

My cousin was getting in with the wrong crowd. His mother sorted him out big time though, didn't take no crap, told him if he wanted to go down that road to get out of her house. She was cruel to be kind. In the end, he woke up and sorted himself out, started mixing with better people. Some parents just DO NOT CARE, thats the problem. One kid in my school saw his parents once a week and his parents didn't care one iota, never ever came to parents evening or whatever. He got expelled and they sent the school a letter saying they dont care, they'd send him elsewhere. Its sad when parents are like that, really disgraceful.
Nonsense. I've had over 500 negative rep in the last week. Rep means nothing to me. I speak the truth and keep it real.

:top:

How do you know the rough number? -_-

I dont think they should join our Army. Its a place for our best men and women, not a last ditch destination for society's dregs. I dont fancy to teachinh them stealth and the art of war either. Look how much carnage they caused w/o training and guns?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kopite493
not at all we live in a society where if you listen to your parents you are bullied and laughed at resulting in kids not listening to their parents

I got called a pansy etc because I didn't try drugs, I didn't give in to the retarded peer pressure. If anything, im stronger than the weak minded individuals who gave in to look 'cool' as they say. We'll see who is laughing when I got a massive pay packet and a nice family and there struggling.

im quite frankly sick of idiots who know nothing about being a parent telling parents how they should be raising there child

Im sick of people who obviously cannot accept the common sense concepts of parenting. You keep letting your child push the boundaries and gradually they'll keep pushing them further to see just how much they can get away with.
How do you know the rough number? -_-

Subs know their exact rep figure as well as who repped them etc.

I dont think they should join our Army. Its a place for our best men and women, not a last ditch destination for society's dregs. I dont fancy to teachinh them stealth and the art of war either. Look how much carnage they caused w/o training and guns?

I think they should either join the army and get put in their place or sent to bootcamps and the same thing done. Some state schools are massively failing and need to get stricter and take a zero tolerance no bull**** approach. Some state schools are great but the range of quality of teaching or behaviour in state schools is massive.
Reply 14
Original post by Tommyjw

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15

Complete lack of any knowledge about parenting.

IGnoring the fact kids can just walk out and not all parents will kick them out for it

Ignoring the fact there are lots of environmental factors, peer pressure etc, making a child bad that aren't affected by parents.

Big post of fail basically.
I had this view but what about if the parents are ill or very sick.
I've seen families, yes families of 3 including a child looting stores like Diesel and JD.

Some parents are a disgrace but others can't control their waste of a space thug offspring.
Original post by Tommyjw
Complete lack of any knowledge about parenting.

IGnoring the fact kids can just walk out and not all parents will kick them out for it

If a kid is disciplined effectively they will respect their parents. FACT.

Ignoring the fact there are lots of environmental factors, peer pressure etc, making a child bad that aren't affected by parents.

Big post of fail basically.

Peer pressure. Anyone who gives in to peer pressure is weak and parents should get their children's out of bad crowds. I know some parents who've done it, full respect to them. Some parents just dont give a **** and let their children do what they want and thats bad parenting. I've seen 8-10 year olds in the street throwing things at buses and cars etc. Their parents are failures.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/apr/05/schools-behaviour-teachers-parents

Absolutely right, on a larger scale.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/2011/03/01/joanna-lumley-uk-parents-are-failing-their-kids-86908-22958230/
(edited 12 years ago)
Who are you talking to? what makes you think parents of these children are on the internet, on TSR and reading your thread? you are just preaching to the converted. Ergo wasting your energy mate.

This.
(edited 12 years ago)
Whats the point of this thread, we already know this.
Also i doubt there are many parents on tsr

Latest