The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emfrz
ermm I took Psychology, English lit, History and Economics at AS and I got ABBB and I'm predicted A*AA at A level, dropping English Lit. I'm retaking two of my AS though to try and get them up to an A (fingers crossed).

What about you?

Pretty similar situation :smile: I took Psychology, Health and Social Care, English lit, Photography and General Studies at AS, and got ABBBC (the C was in general..) I also dropped english lit and am re-taking two AS exams. Not sure of my predictions yet. :smile: Have you sent your application off yet?
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 101
Original post by NICKYnackynockynoo
Pretty similar situation :smile: I took Psychology, Health and Social Care, English lit, Photography and General Studies at AS, and got ABBBC (the C was in general..) I also dropped english lit and am re-taking two AS exams. Not sure of my predictions yet. :smile: Have you sent your application off yet?

Yeh I sent it off at the end of September because my schools crazy about getting it sent off early, only had two acknowledgment emails so far though...:s-smilie:
Original post by Emfrz
Yeh I sent it off at the end of September because my schools crazy about getting it sent off early, only had two acknowledgment emails so far though...:s-smilie:

Mine's being sent off tomorrow..scary stuff!
where else have you applied?x
Reply 103
Original post by NICKYnackynockynoo
Mine's being sent off tomorrow..scary stuff!
where else have you applied?x

Warwick (doubt I'll get an offer), nottingham, Southampton and Plymouth :smile:
Reply 104
sent my application off today for history! also applying to uea, essex, nottingham and leeds!
Reply 105
Sent may app off for Law on Friday! Also applying to Cambridge, UCL, KCL and Lancaster! Exciting stuff... all this waiting about! lol
Reply 106
Hey :smile:
I'm applying for Arabic & Persian :biggrin: REALLLY want to go to Exeter! My first choice :smile: :smile: Reallly hope they give me an offer!!
Grades required: ABB/BBB
Predicted: ABB
AS Level results: AABB

Anyone else doing Arabic? :smile: x
I've applied for Animal Behaviour at the Cornwall Campus. Not too confident as I'm applying with a National Diploma, but hoping the fact I'm 25 and predicted straight distinction stars will help me!! Good luck everyone else, I feel your impatient pain :/!
did anyone else get an email about sports scholarships? I don't think I'm going to apply for various reasons but I'm rather curious whether they send them to everyone or is it based on the contents of your PS :beard:
Original post by medbh4805
did anyone else get an email about sports scholarships? I don't think I'm going to apply for various reasons but I'm rather curious whether they send them to everyone or is it based on the contents of your PS :beard:

I got one randomly :s-smilie: I hate sports - think they sent it to everyone! :rolleyes:
Original post by Niki_girl
I got one randomly :s-smilie: I hate sports - think they sent it to everyone! :rolleyes:

Ahh that's grand because I used to be on the Northern Ireland judo team which i mentioned in my PS and I was worried about being pressured to keep it up at that level at uni :ninja:
Reply 111
Original post by medbh4805
Ahh that's grand because I used to be on the Northern Ireland judo team which i mentioned in my PS and I was worried about being pressured to keep it up at that level at uni :ninja:

This! (Only not judo... lol) I mentioned marathon running and wondered if they were hinting at me applying for a scholarship because I run stupidly long distances. Seems like everyone got it!
Reply 112
Original post by JYAAT1
Hey, I applied for Business Economics with International study, what are your subjects and predicted grades. I'm regretting the international study course because of how competitive it is:confused : ..

I am certain that the places for Business Economics and Business Economics with International Study are one pool and that the university are keen to favour students 'with international study'. I say that as an Exon, we were encouraged to opt for international study during our studies, which I switched to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Spent the weekend in Exeter and very much liked it. :biggrin: Also got an email today about Sports Scholarships...is anyone here going for one?
Reply 114
Does anyone know Exeter's position on GCSEs specifically for subjects like History?

Applying for History V100
Predicted A*A*AA
AS - AABC (retaking B and C).
Anybody else applied for FCH? If so, what was your combination?

Applied for Flexible Combined Honours - History and Economics
Predicted - A*AAA
AS Results - AAAABC
Applications - Exeter, Oxford, Warwick, York and St Andrews
Original post by Hazzabanana
Anybody else applied for FCH? If so, what was your combination?

Applied for Flexible Combined Honours - History and Economics
Predicted - A*AAA
AS Results - AAAABC
Applications - Exeter, Oxford, Warwick, York and St Andrews

Yeah me. Economics and Philosophy.
Any offers yet guys?
Reply 118
Original post by SirLauberlot
Any offers yet guys?

someone on the decision thread does, i think for international relations
Care to link for a noob? :smile:

Quick Reply