The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by chazbc4
Goldsmiths is amazing, come here :smile:

I'm applying, looks so great there! Are you in your first year, or? :smile:

Original post by monicaa
does anyone know any foreign universitys who do social anthropology in english (i know ofc america & canada..) :smile:?

this is out of curiosity

Not sure, I guess a start might be to look at the places some universities offer as a foreign year abroad? I know Kent offer Finland/Netherlands/Japan and they all teach in English - so maybe some places there teach the whole courses in English, too? :smile:

Am also very excited by all of this! Need to get my UCAS in ASAP after half-term.

Original post by outandabout
Hey fellow Anth applicants. Got a conditional offer from Goldmiths today for Anthropology. Don't yet know the details. My first offer!!

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 81
Original post by katiesonicboom
I guess it depends on your grades. If they are good I would choose Sussex and Goldsmiths, since Kent is a bit worse and I guess will want less from you. I am choosing SOAS, LSE, Sussex, Goldsmiths and Edinburgh. If you want a back up if anything goes wrong , maybe take Kent and see what happens.

I'm not really sure, I have an AAA prediction - Sussex wants AAB, Goldmiths wants ABB and Kent with a year in Japan is AAB..
Well if you wanne go to Japan take Kent.Anyway I suppose their requirments don't have to match your condition. It is a bit weird though, because for the IB, which I do Sussex ranges 34-36, goldsmiths wants 36 and Kent as I looked now 33 0_0 so it contradicts a bit with the A-levels they want
Reply 83
Well if you wanne go to Japan take Kent.Anyway I suppose their requirments don't have to match your condition. It is a bit weird though, because for the IB, which I do Sussex ranges 34-36, goldsmiths wants 36 and Kent as I looked now 33 0_0 so it contradicts a bit with the A-levels they want

I looked at the course content for Kent and Goldsmiths, now I've decided to go for Goldsmiths. The course is a lot more for me despite the fact I would like to go to Japan, Goldsmiths it is!
Nice, so apart from Manchester we have the same choices for the UK :smile:
Reply 85
Nice, so apart from Manchester we have the same choices for the UK :smile:

Yeah, hopefully we will meet at one of them! :beer:
You're applying abroad too?
Well I'm only applying abroad ( I'm not from the UK) - to the UK, Canada(McGill) and Holland
Original post by monicaa

Original post by monicaa
does anyone know any foreign universitys who do social anthropology in english (i know ofc america & canada..) :smile:?

this is out of curiosity

I studied it in Finland :smile:
The Netherlands is also a good option.
Reply 88
Social Anthropology offer from Manchester - ABB :smile:
Reply 89
:frown: I'm going to have to change one of my options, Manchester don't consider anyone who hasn't got their requirements (i'm predicted BBB)

so does anyone know how good any of the following are:
Wales st trinity david
london met
birkbeck UofL

:s-smilie:
Reply 90
Original post by Lucy.Jane

ahhhhhhhhh that's exciting :biggrin:D well done!
Reply 91
Original post by monicaa
:frown: I'm going to have to change one of my options, Manchester don't consider anyone who hasn't got their requirements (i'm predicted BBB)

so does anyone know how good any of the following are:
Wales st trinity david
london met
birkbeck UofL

:s-smilie:

Original post by monicaa
ahhhhhhhhh that's exciting :biggrin:D well done!

Thaaaaaank you!! Also, Wales Trinity David are actually higher in some league tables for Anthropology than Manchester! and i've heard it's quite nice there :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Chrsi
Wow nice! Great minds think alike :wink: I don't really wanna go Scotland though.. haha, what is your first choice?

It is far away but such a beautiful city. First choice is SOAS - went to visit a few weeks ago and fell in love! The only annoying thing is that I already live in London and I'm not 100% sure that they give accommodation to people already living in London which would be a major downer.

UCAS is now sent! AGHH!! So exciting!

Is anyone here taking a gap year?
Reply 93
Original post by Lucy.Jane

OMGG! When did you send your UCAS? Well done!!!
Reply 94
Original post by LRodel
OMGG! When did you send your UCAS? Well done!!!

thank you :smile: i sent it on the 18th of october - so it only took two weeks!
Reply 95
Eeeeee so exciting :biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by LRodel

I am! I'm going to Peru in September to live in an orphanage with Project Trust. Woohhhhh. Anyone else?
Reply 97
Original post by LRodel
It is far away but such a beautiful city. First choice is SOAS - went to visit a few weeks ago and fell in love! The only annoying thing is that I already live in London and I'm not 100% sure that they give accommodation to people already living in London which would be a major downer.

UCAS is now sent! AGHH!! So exciting!

Original post by lanatic
I am! I'm going to Peru in September to live in an orphanage with Project Trust. Woohhhhh. Anyone else?

I'm gap-yearing, too! It seems quite a few of us are gap yearing before going to do anthropology.
Reply 98
Original post by **CC**
I'm applying for Arch and Anth at Cambridge....but to be honest, I'm mainly interested in Anth. Also, you're applying to UEA, I live in Norwich, its a pretty good city :smile: , I'd apply if I didn't live so close!

Same here, Cambridge! Interestingly, this thread was created on my birthday haha.
Reply 99
Anyone else applying for Evolutionary Anth at Liverpool?? I am applying to UCL, Bristol, Birmingham for Arch + Anth and Durham for Anth. Durham offer a substitute PS service so I will use that for the Anth course but nowhere else offers a chance to submit a different PS?! so dont know if Liverpool will even consider me based on an Arch + Anth statement!

Quick Reply

Latest