The Student Room Group

CAS journal, need HELP

Hey guys,
I need to hand in my CAS journal tomorrow and haven't even started yet(with the journal not with the hours). Do I need to actually write a journal or do I only need to fill out the IB CAS Student Journal Feedback Form and the timesheets? Please help me cause I really have no idea of what to do.
Thank you
Mireille

Scroll to see replies

Each school have different requirements on what go into your CAS journal so it really depends on what your school require. I've never heard of the IB CAS Student Journal Feedback Form and we didn't have to fill out anything like that so I don't know about this.
Reply 2
As HMS says, really depends on the school... All I've done is to fill out those CAF forms...
Reply 3
So you are not actually required to write a diary are you?
Reply 4
No, just the essay which will be sent to IBO... but then again the school can have some other rules...
Reply 5
Thank you so much...I will only fill out the forms and will write a summary of my activities so far
Reply 6
we wrote about each activity in a great detail.. stupid CAS coordinator
Reply 7
yeah so did we..like an essay about each...hahaha. *waste of time*
Reply 8
I have a theory.

I think CAS was implemented to assess whether candidates have developed satisfactory BS skills over the course of the Diploma Programme.
Reply 9
Right on spot!
yeah i think it depends on your school. our CAS coordinator and our english teacher says that we should have already started our journal [which of course i havent being the procrastinator i am] but unless i get really bored i'm not even gonna start on it.

HMSChocolate
Each school have different requirements on what go into your CAS journal so it really depends on what your school require. I've never heard of the IB CAS Student Journal Feedback Form and we didn't have to fill out anything like that so I don't know about this.

you really didnt have to fill out ANY forms? lucky you. we have to fill one out for each activity i think.

what does ev1 else do for their forms [i.e.- you dont fill out multiple sheets for one activity do you?]
Reply 11
I have to write reports about activities at the end of each week on all the hour we did during that week, or that is what you are supposed to do, almost no one does that. You just do it whenever. Then we have to get atleast 18 supervisor report signed and commented. Then we have to write an end of activity report, which is just responces to some general questions about the activities. Finally we write an End of CAS report, which is like an essay about what we have learnt from CAS etc.
whisperedangel014

you really didnt have to fill out ANY forms? lucky you. we have to fill one out for each activity i think.

what does ev1 else do for their forms [i.e.- you dont fill out multiple sheets for one activity do you?]

No no no, I filled out LOADS of forms. We had to do an evaluation for each activity we do or get detention if we dont so they were a big pain. What I meant was that I didn't have to fill out anything called IB CAS Student Journal Feedback Form which the OP was talking about.
Reply 13
where's the love guys?? geez...seriously...where's the spirit of CAS?? what has IB taught u? from ur responses...apparently...NOTHING. zilch. be ashamed of urself...for a true ib student does not moan and groan over the reflections s/he writes on his/her experience. tsk tsk

now...beg all the fake children you helped at your community service center, for forgiveness.
Reply 14
(in case ppl are wondering about whether i was speaking in all seriousness...i wasnt...)
ok cuz when our teachers explain things they never explain FULLY. they jus tell us what to turn in and we're like WTF? we have no idea wut they're even talking about
Hey did any of you ever have to fill out any of these forms: http://warwick.nn.k12.va.us/ib/pdf/CASforms.pdf
My school has an edited form based on the first form with some questions from the original removed.
The year before my class, they had to fill out the second form but my class didn't.
Have never even seen the 3rd form.
Reply 17
yea...we have to fill out the SFS form. the other one, AEF...that we wrote in forms of freakin essays...for each CAS activity we undertook..lol.
Reply 18
HMSChocolate
Hey did any of you ever have to fill out any of these forms: http://warwick.nn.k12.va.us/ib/pdf/CASforms.pdf
My school has an edited form based on the first form with some questions from the original removed.
The year before my class, they had to fill out the second form but my class didn't.

The AEF, first form is what our teacher has given us, the other two ive never seen:confused:
HMSChocolate

yeah those are the forms that i have to fill out

Latest

Trending

Trending