The Student Room Group

what would you wear for a pub job interview?

I don't own any "smart" clothes so I was wondering what others would wear.

Scroll to see replies

Well it depends what kind of pub it is. Do the staff wear uniform?
Perhaps your smartest jeans (i know you said you didn't own anything smart but you probs have one pair that's nicer than the rest?)
Some pumps perhaps and a nice top perhaps?
Good luck too :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice so far! It's not a chain pub and I don't think the people who work there wear don't wear a uniform. I was thinking of wearing a summer dress with a shirt...

edited in a don't :P:
Reply 4
i just wore jeans and a tshirt to mine. they can't really expect you to turn up in uniform if you don't have the job yet.

smart casual (Y)
Reply 5
Just make an effort with your hair, nice makeup. With bar work they do discriminate on looks (a lot).
Reply 6
Mantha
Just make an effort with your hair, nice makeup. With bar work they do discriminate on looks (a lot).

Oh, I'm an ugly one, lucky me! Well my hair looks nicest down, so I'll make sure I condition and dry it really well, and I'll do my eyes nice :p:

And I'll try and look booby *whistles*
Reply 7
Yes, to be frank, I'd wear a low cut top.
Reply 8
Levity
Yes, to be frank, I'd wear a low cut top.

I'm so not getting this job then, I'm not that big breasted or attractive. Nevermind, I'll go on being poor!
Reply 9
nothing
Reply 10
she
I'm so not getting this job then, I'm not that big breasted or attractive. Nevermind, I'll go on being poor!

Don't give up just because of low self-esteem. Just make sure you made an effort and be friendly, smile a lot and look enthusiastic.
Reply 11
studentbug
nothing

It's not going to be that warm tomorrow
Reply 12
she

Well I have no boobs. I work in a pub and get chatted up by around 75% of people in there, mind you I am the only girl.
As long as you're confident-I'm shy as hell in 'real life' you'll be ok.

Just wear something smart/casual. It depends on the pub really, I can wear what I want luckily-we're meant to wear carling shirts but I don't have one.
Reply 13
Mantha

are you ****ting me?

the best looking people where i work are the waitresses ^^ the bar staff are. humm. male? :biggrin:
she
It's not going to be that warm tomorrow

Just go smart casual, black or officey trousers, white shirt and mmm.. a jacket. Dont worry about a tie if you haven't got one.

edit: if you don't anything smart what so ever, just don't go dressed as if your going on a night out and you'll be fine. I would prefer trousers to a summers dress tbh, but thats depends on what you got.

And Good Luck
Reply 15
OiaB
are you ****ting me?

the best looking people where i work are the waitresses ^^ the bar staff are. humm. male? :biggrin:

Not all pubs have waitresses; when I worked in a pub, most of the staff were female and relatively attractive. Now I work in a bar, and it's still the same.
Reply 16
I'd go to London and have a suit specially tailored just for this pub job.
Reply 17
she

If that's not your style don't worry, they're not going to base the whole thing on that.
mdhey89
I'd go to London and have a suit specially tailored just for this pub job.

wtf? dnt take the piss.
Reply 19
Go for your summer dress, that to me is smarter than a pair of jeans.

Quick Reply

Latest