The Student Room Group

Liverpool John Moors Pharmacy Interview

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys could you check out my UCL School of pharmacy thread.
( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1925246 ) It has a poll on it about future pharmacy careers would love to get some stats on what you guys wanna do much appreciated guys :biggrin:

:bl:
Reply 41
Original post by FinallyAValidName
Hey guys could you check out my UCL School of pharmacy thread.
( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1925246 ) It has a poll on it about future pharmacy careers would love to get some stats on what you guys wanna do much appreciated guys :biggrin:

:bl:

London School of Pharmacy sounded much better :frown: That's the sole reason I didnt apply lol
can any of you give me info on what i should know for tomorrows interveiw????
Reply 43
Original post by kathhutch111
can any of you give me info on what i should know for tomorrows interveiw????

There isn't really much need to know anything, it's nothing you can revise for. Although I suggest you prepare for the interview, it's a group interview but still is rather 'individual'. Prep for the normal kinds of Pharmacy questions!
Reply 44
Im firming too if I get an offer!! :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by DanCar
Im firming too if I get an offer!! :smile:

Cool! :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Doctor.
Yeah I got one :smile:. Where else have you applied? Are you planning on firming Liverpool :love:

I'm from Newcastle and want to stay there so I'm firming Sunderland lol. Liverpool are insurance though, you? :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by aya1
I'm from Newcastle and want to stay there so I'm firming Sunderland lol. Liverpool are insurance though, you? :smile:

I live in Manchester, john moors is my main lol.
Reply 48
Original post by Doctor.
Aw thats great news :smile:. I liked the group interview, till thwy asked me a question first lol :rolleyes:. Other than that I thought It was alright :smile:. I kinda want to go there now :love:. But yeah I am glad you got the offer In the end!! :rofl: knew you would :smile:

Sorry for the late reply..I'm putting it as second choice. Might see you there :wink: Keep in touch and add me as a friend on here if you like :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by popnit
Sorry for the late reply..I'm putting it as second choice. Might see you there :wink: Keep in touch and add me as a friend on here if you like :smile:

Will do :smile:
Reply 50
Who had their LJMU interview and aptitude test yesterday? Because I did and I got my decision today telling me my interview was unsuccessful via UCAS. I'm really gutted to be honest because Liverpool was one of the places I really wanted to study. I think my decision lied solely in the aptitude test I had and it may have not gone so well as for the Interview, I've now realised that group set interviews are not exactly good for me as it really puts me under pressure becoming nervous and becoming blank :/ I think I would've been better off with a one to one interview as I feel there is more direct contact with the Interviewer and because it is just you in the room with the Interviewer, there is far less pressure. What shall I do? I really wanted to go LJMU.
Reply 51
Original post by RuDizEe
Who had their LJMU interview and aptitude test yesterday? Because I did and I got my decision today telling me my interview was unsuccessful via UCAS. I'm really gutted to be honest because Liverpool was one of the places I really wanted to study. I think my decision lied solely in the aptitude test I had and it may have not gone so well as for the Interview, I've now realised that group set interviews are not exactly good for me as it really puts me under pressure becoming nervous and becoming blank :/ I think I would've been better off with a one to one interview as I feel there is more direct contact with the Interviewer and because it is just you in the room with the Interviewer, there is far less pressure. What shall I do? I really wanted to go LJMU.

Aw that sucks :hugs:

Well at the open day they did say you could contact them requesting feedback so I would suggest you start from there? :smile: Just ask them what part of the process did you not do so well on etc. Maybe they'll reconsider or something :s-smilie:

Also, do you have anywhere else left?

Good luck :hugs:
Reply 52
Original post by Doctor.
Aw that sucks :hugs:

Well at the open day they did say you could contact them requesting feedback so I would suggest you start from there? :smile: Just ask them what part of the process did you not do so well on etc. Maybe they'll reconsider or something :s-smilie:

Also, do you have anywhere else left?

Good luck :hugs:

They did say yes you could request feedback and the aptitude test you could probably do again if that was the part that you did badly in resulting in a Unsuccessful application.

I don't really think they look at the interview even though I was quite nervous so at the moment I'm basing it on a poor test performance.

Hopefully I can sort something out as I did really like Liverpool.

I also had a Interview at Wolverhampton Uni but I haven't heard back from them yet, its been nearly a month now and DeMontfort Uni (DMU In Leicester) do Pharmacy which doesn't require an Interview so all I need to do is just wait for an offer from them.
Reply 53
what r the questions during the informal interview?
Reply 54
Original post by Abbers

It depends, they change it quite often unfortunately.:frown: Although it isn't based on our personal statement so make sure you know the general pharmacy questions!

-"Why Pharmacy?", "Why LJMU?" and my group got asked a Chemistry based question too so just be prepared for that!

The admissions tutor explained to me that both the 'informal' interview and aptitude test are used in assessing so it is important to give a good impression! Dress smart :smile:

Good luck
Reply 55
Original post by Abbers

All they asked me was 'Why Liverpool/LJMU?', 'Why Pharmacy?' and 'Tell me about your hobbies?' That was it, just something to get to know you off basically.
Reply 56
Original post by RuDizEe
All they asked me was 'Why Liverpool/LJMU?', 'Why Pharmacy?' and 'Tell me about your hobbies?' That was it, just something to get to know you off basically.

Got an offer yet?
Original post by Doctor.
It depends, they change it quite often unfortunately.:frown: Although it isn't based on our personal statement so make sure you know the general pharmacy questions!

-"Why Pharmacy?", "Why LJMU?" and my group got asked a Chemistry based question too so just be prepared for that!

The admissions tutor explained to me that both the 'informal' interview and aptitude test are used in assessing so it is important to give a good impression! Dress smart :smile:

Good luck

what sort of chemistry questions did they ask u?
Reply 58
Original post by amazon123456789
what sort of chemistry questions did they ask u?

"Tell me something special about Benzene"

Although, they will change the questions. They just want to see what you know! :smile:
Reply 59
my interview is in 12 hours time lol i should be sleeping. anyways im from liverpool and i think itll end up being my insurance hopefully if i do well and get an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending