Scroll to see replies

Use the FFTP thing to remember what to include for top band
f = figurative language
F = form and structure
T = theme
P = personal response

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by lulwhut
I'm doing relationships and I'd recommend Nettles too.

What poems d'ya think will come up?

I personally think it'll either be Born yesterday or Ghazal?

Yeah, I have a feeling that maybe The Farmer's Bride or Brothers may come up too.
Original post by alexandraa
Ah right you see I thought that document showed what came up. Well I did an essay on Belfast confetti and poppies as practice so I thought if Belfast confetti was going to come up I could memorise that essay as I got 30/36 on the practice on :smile: so It looks like I will just have to try and look at them all hahaha

I'm afraid you'll have to learn them all :redface:
Reply 63
Original post by WorriedAboutSchool
I'm doing the same. I got a high A on my mock, so hopefully on the exam can push that up to an A*. Any ideas on which poems they are going to pick? I'm dreading the thought of getting Ozymandias! I hardly know that one, yourself?

I love Ozymandias!! its my favourite! ... its mean medusa two times in a row so I doubt that one will come up... then again -- you never know with AQA! :biggrin:
Original post by Dandaman9999
I'm afraid you'll have to learn them all :redface:

Ok well I know most of them I just need to remember the main points about each one

Original post by Student96
I'm doing relationships too! :smile: Just saw your post and thought I'd mention that for a mock question I did, I compared those two. They go well with each other :smile: They are both about father/son relationships but from opposite perspectives, so you can mention how that affects it, if it's relevant.

How are you feeling about the exam?

I'm feeling ok, as long as I just back up my points with lots of detail and give different interpretations I think I'll be alright. I admit this'll probably be my favourite exam because at least you get to be creative and there's no right or wrong answer. How about you??
Reply 66
the horse whisperer better now come up otherwise im screwed hopefully the clown punk or checking out me history come up *fingers crossed*
Reply 67
For those guys doing character and voice i would compare:

Clown Punk, Give and Hunchback in Park - in terms of isolated characters
Medusa, Ozymandias- in terms of power
Horse whisperer and Les Grands Seignurs/Ozymandias in terms of loss of power
Casehistory Alison and Ruined Maid (i think) - in terms of identity
Checking out me History and Singh song - in terms of cultural identity
Give and Checking out me History - in terms of a need for change

what would you guys do????????????
Reply 68
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
So I dont have to revise falling leaves, the right word or flag as they will only appear on the lower paper. How did youfind that document?

what document? id say revise them, they are by far some of the easiest poems to use as a comparison because of their simplicity, but i understand if you're trying to use the more in-depth poems, you can explain loads.
Original post by alexandraa
Ok well I know most of them I just need to remember the main points about each one

As long as you know a few poems really well which you can compare to any of the others then that's fine :smile: I'm going to do my English revision tomorrow... Tonight it's all chemistry :work:
Reply 70
EVERYONE LISTEN UP, MY TUTOR( AN EXAMS OFFICER) TOLD ME THAT OZYMANDIAS WILL COME UP FOR SURE AS IT HASN'T COME UP IN AGES. SO U BEST LEARN THE POEM.:biggrin::rolleyes::tongue:
Reply 71
Original post by James3110
I'm so grateful I have my English teacher aswell, she's so much help :smile: I thought i was going to get a C after I came out the hall that's why I was so surprised with the B! I know where I went wrong I did all the analysis of the poems(together) but I didn't give alternative views on what things could mean, which is what gets you into the A/A* band so hopefully it will go well :biggrin:

You would be fine don't worry!! Nothing better than a bit of cramming :wink: I hated physics and no matter what I did it never ended up being an A*! Hopefully you can get the grade.. Are you choosing it for A-levels?

nope, never want to do physics ever again. i dont like it lol. im doing biology though, how about you?

and everybody says cramming doesn't help, but i find it does. better late than never eh?
Reply 72
anyone doing CONFLICT poems?
Reply 73
Original post by Revision-
anyone doing CONFLICT poems?

these peeps are ---http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2009349&p=37700339#post37700339

its a special thread for conflict :smile:
Reply 74
AQA said the poems that are most likely to appear are:
Belfast Confetti
The yellow Palm
next to of course god america i
The right word
Flag
The falling leaves
:smile: good luck guyss
Original post by gcseboy12

You can add the River God for Power/Nature too
Change in Time could also arise which could be "Horse Whisperer and Ozymandias"
Reply 76
Original post by Sammy95
nope, never want to do physics ever again. i dont like it lol. im doing biology though, how about you?

and everybody says cramming doesn't help, but i find it does. better late than never eh?

Aha I hate it with a passion, along with English! :P I'm doing biology and chemistry :smile: Different methods work for different people I guess. I have quite a good long term memory but cramming helps with learning proper definitions of things and learning mark scheme answers so I know what they are looking for in the exam. Indeed better late then never haha, I like your thinking :colone:
Reply 77
Original post by Shakz
EVERYONE LISTEN UP, MY TUTOR( AN EXAMS OFFICER) TOLD ME THAT OZYMANDIAS WILL COME UP FOR SURE AS IT HASN'T COME UP IN AGES. SO U BEST LEARN THE POEM.:biggrin::rolleyes::tongue:

How do we know your not lying
Reply 78
Original post by gcseboy12

Horse whisperer could go in with isolated characters.
Maybe medusa and LGS - relationships, but then we were told that thats a bit obvious so you are unlikely to get a really good mark for it

How is everyone revising poetry?
Original post by Dandaman9999
As long as you know a few poems really well which you can compare to any of the others then that's fine :smile: I'm going to do my English revision tomorrow... Tonight it's all chemistry :work:

I'm having a night off as I've had 4 exams :frown: but i hope hope hope belfast confetti comes up

Quick Reply

Latest