The Student Room Group

Transferring from UEL to Queen Mary..?

So i was rejected by queen mary because i have 2 a levels eng language B and geog B (hopefully) and a distinction in a 6 unit ict btec. Their reason for rejection was because they simply do not take mixtures of a levels and btecs which was crappy because my predicted grades are not bad.

So now, if i was to go to uel and do the same or similar computing course for the first year and work to achieve at least 85-95% in the first year, if queen mary have the space do you think it would be possible to transfer for 2nd year?

Does it matter which uni you are transferring from? I heard as long as you get a 1st or a 2.1 or something like that in your first year you can transfer to almost any university for the second year??

Any ideas?
Reply 1
Unlikely from UEL (League table 105) (UCAS 200 points) to QM (League table 43)(UCAS 300 points with min. B Grade in GCSE Maths ).
Reply 2
Original post by poony
Unlikely from UEL (League table 105) (UCAS 200 points) to QM (League table 43)(UCAS 300 points with min. B Grade in GCSE Maths ).

hmm.. what if i did computer science for a year at brunel and wanted to transfer to queen mary? or kings?
I just wanna stay local but my subjects are a little funky lol
Reply 3
I'm afraid your chances are very low. UEL is considered one of the worst unis in the UK and Queens isn't so bad; I highly doubt they would accept you as a second-year student, regardless of your first-year attainment.
Reply 4
Have you ever thought of doing a Foundation Course at a better uni. ?
Original post by QazIbnMAli
So i was rejected by queen mary because i have 2 a levels eng language B and geog B (hopefully) and a distinction in a 6 unit ict btec. Their reason for rejection was because they simply do not take mixtures of a levels and btecs which was crappy because my predicted grades are not bad.

So now, if i was to go to uel and do the same or similar computing course for the first year and work to achieve at least 85-95% in the first year, if queen mary have the space do you think it would be possible to transfer for 2nd year?

Does it matter which uni you are transferring from? I heard as long as you get a 1st or a 2.1 or something like that in your first year you can transfer to almost any university for the second year??

Any ideas?

You might be able to do it, but achieving 85-95% in first year is, and I say this confidently, impossible.

The best of students, even though it is UEL, will find it very hard to reach 75%.

But then again, a first is a first. Go and get 70% and persuade QM to take you. Good luck.
Reply 6
Original post by admbeatmaker
You might be able to do it, but achieving 85-95% in first year is, and I say this confidently, impossible.

The best of students, even though it is UEL, will find it very hard to reach 75%.

But then again, a first is a first. Go and get 70% and persuade QM to take you. Good luck.

lol, having said that i now recall my friend who has just finished his first year there got 74% ... He's truely wasted talent with an A in Maths GCE so if HE cant do 75%+ then hmm.. goodluck I need!
Reply 7
Original post by QazIbnMAli

Any ideas?

Hey I want to know. What did you actually end up doing??
take a gap year and go to a better university
do another AL

nvm didnt realise some idiot bumped a 4 year old thread

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending