The Student Room Group

Do you look down on people who are far less intelligent or lack sense?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by its too easy
I look down on people who attempt to look down on others.

This :congrats:.
Reply 21
Looking down on stupid people is ridiculous. We don't choose our own intelligence. It's like saying you look down on people born into poor families. You can't take credit for your own education either; was it your doing that you had the right incentives to become educated? I'm willing to bet that if you like education then you come from a household that owns books (that is the best predictor of academic success that we have). Myself, I just like to educate myself - it's enjoyable. Did I choose to find it enjoyable? No. I'm just lucky to do so. Not everyone likes educating themselves - did they choose to not find it enjoyable? No.

There's no way to legitimately take credit for either your intelligence or your interest in education. You made your decisions based on your best judgement just like everyone else. Some people are lucky and it leads them to academic success, others aren't or have have a different type of luck and it leads them elsewhere.
Reply 22
Original post by 3nTr0pY
Those can be surprisingly tricky (integrating factors are an irritation).

There's more shame in not being able to solve a second order one. :wink:

loool I loved integrating factors. They were just so elegant. But substitution was just the best =D
Reply 23
Original post by The Unique Bloke
Oh my god You again ??? You are clearly a troll , so your posts are just negligible , you have the weirdest ideologies and i am afraid no one here wants any stupid ideas from you. Change your mindset , or you wont last long in this world.
1. No one purposely wants to be stupid
2. It is advisable to learn the language of the place you live in , but is in no way compulsory
3. Are you serious??
4. I have less social skills , how does that affect you?? Not everybody has to talk to fit in to this world

Be gone your attitude sickens me.

WE ALL COLLECTIVELY LOOK DOWN ON YOU. trust me i have asked everyone.

1. Have you ever walked into a school? Have you never seen over half of the school failing on purpose to get into the 'in' crowd who idolise failure?

2. If you went to live in a different country for life, you wouldn't bother to learn the language? You'd just assume everyone else would be fine with trying to de-construct everything you say to the point of madness?

3. Have you never walked through the streets of London littered with fat tourists and fat English people? Have you never seen fat people walk into fast food restaurants so they can get even fatter?

4. It affects me because if I need to talk to you in real life I'd rather it run smoothly than the conversation being broken and awkward.

Yeah, you asked all the one million members of this site if they look down on me didn't you?

I'm obviously going to leave this site because you tell me to 'be gone', because your powers of being able to vanquish me sitting behind a screen are infallible.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by flyteryder
1. Have you ever walked into a school? Have you never seen over half of the school failing on purpose to get into the 'in' crowd who idolise failure?

2. If you went to live in a different country for life you wouldn't bother to learn the language and just assume everyone else will be fine with trying to de-construct everything you say?

3. Have you never walked through the streets of london littered with fat tourists and fat english people? Have you never seen fat people walk into fat food restaurants?

4. It affects me because if i need to talk to you in real life i'd rather it run smoothly than the conversation being broken and awkward.

Yeah, you asked all the one million members on this site if they look down on me didn't you?

I'm obviously going to leave this site because you tell me to 'be gone', because your powers of being able to vanquish me sitting behind a screen are infallible.

attention ^ do not feed troll
Reply 25
Original post by Flyteryder
I look down on people who are, in no order:

1. Incredibly stupid and/or uneducated through their own fault.

2. Haven't bothered to learn English even though they've been in the UK for all their lives.

3. Fat (in general) and fat people who don't care about being fat because they think it's natural, how God intended or 'who they really are'.

4. Have no social skills and have no idea what to say to people.

Anyone else share these views?

zzz
Reply 26
Original post by The Unique Bloke
attention ^ do not feed troll

So no response because you're too stupid to try and counter any of the logical points I just made? You're not a 'unique bloke'; you're a mindless drone of society who lollops along with whatever comes their way because it's easy to do so without using your own mind.
So no response because you're too stupid to try and counter any of the logical points I just made? You're not a 'unique bloke'; you're a mindless drone of society who lollops along with whatever comes their way because it's easy to do so without using your own mind.

You know , i would love to counter it , but to counter something there has to be something. You mindset is itself a great blot on society , there is no need to counter argue points which are not worth taking a second look at. :cool:
Reply 28
Seeing as this is a social network/forum, you need social skills to be able to get along with people on here and not mindlessly start arguments. Ever thought about that, OP?
The irony of looking down on people with no "social skills" and being on the student room :wink:
I don't look down on anyone. It makes you a bit of a prick to be honest.
(edited 11 years ago)
..I wouldn't say I look down on people ..because that's snobbish and not everyone is extremely clever...but people that don't know simple things...e.g. sometimes I watch the only way is Essex and they don't know how to spell simple words like 'becaue'...I don't look down on them but I think 'omg are they for real ..or just acting for the cameras...'

I look down on racists and paedos etc...but obv everyone does ...
I look down on the OP. Stuck-up waste man. Why do you think your superior than them? Idiot!
(edited 11 years ago)
1) I don't think stupid people are less worthy of my time or do not deserve to be treated with respect so I wouldn't say I look down on them. I do think my opinion on things is more valuable than theirs though.

2) I have never met someone who doesn't speak English and was born in the UK. I don't mind if people use bad English because mine is not great as long as I know what they mean.

3) If people want to be fat that is up to them it doesn't make any difference to me. I don't see myself as better, I just think our preferences and bodies are different. If people value eating food more than being thin, that is their choice.

4) Social skills can mean a lot of stuff. I don't mind if people are shy but when people come across as rude and disrepectful to others I look down on that.
I look down on people who are, in no order:

1. Incredibly stupid and/or uneducated through their own fault.

2. Haven't bothered to learn English even though they've been in the UK for all their lives.

3. Fat (in general) and fat people who don't care about being fat because they think it's natural, how God intended or 'who they really are'.

4. Have no social skills and have no idea what to say to people.

Anyone else share these views?

I look down on liars and hypocrites. As you clearly have no social skills!
I don't know why I even open and read these kinds of threads. They're just depressing.
Original post by its too easy
I look down on people who attempt to look down on others. They are clearly insecure, and must put into words their insecurities, as above.

Of course, they lack internal motivation, and can only maintain mental balance through the downgrading and categorisation of others.

An unhealthy outlook in life, they can be easy to spot, whether they suffer a great deal, or those who simply troll.

PS: Comma splice FTW

But you attempt to look down on others, so you look down on yourself?

You look down on insecure people who lack motivation.

EDIT: Just seen it's already been pointed out. My bad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Big Ern McCracken
I don't know why I even open and read these kinds of threads. They're just depressing.

I do this all the time. I think it's just to gauge the idiocy of the people who make these kind of threads.
Go sit on the naughty step.
No.... I would be a pretty crap nurse/student if I did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending