The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I frequently lose sleep over this issue.
Reply 61
"Disgusted" is probably a bit strong a word, but I am dismayed by the sheer number of typos in BBC reports. I use the BBC's Android app and there isn't a single day that I don't see at least one typo, and often several typos. Don't they have a review system? Let alone checking their own work, they should be checking each other's work as part of procedure. It's true that everyone makes mistakes, but it's very unprofessional for a news or publishing organisation to let typing errors slip through the net. On another note, have you noticed that when you criticise someone's spelling or grammar how paranoid you get about your own comment for fear of severe egg on face! I'm scared to click submit!
Best not go into the subtitles that go with the news, whatever voice recognition tech they use should be tuned up. The day Thatcher was being buried they were reporting on some petty demonstration going through Aldwich and guess what it came out as.

I intensely dislike sloppy standards in these things, bad example for the kids.
(edited 8 years ago)
hilarious
Original post by DonJuan

I have seen worse than these, I wish I had a log. The majority of errors have been in the main article, not the caption. Sometimes its not just spelling or repetition of a word; I have seen mangled sentences that are so bad there is literally no way the author could have read over it and missed it.
Who else is disgusted by not only these typos but the carelessness behind the scenes that they are so clearly a sign of?
EDIT: Link to the article here.
Also, another typo: But if the party, which has just one MP on Scotland, pushes too hard, it risks increasing support for independence, through accusations of a "London/Tory fix". (Link here.)

a. The first sentence could benefit from a semicolon instead of a comma.
b. It's supposed to be "It's" not "Its".
c. I admit I am 4 years late.
Reply 65
i dont no what your talking about their is no spelling or grammer mistakes your wrong
If I were reading a story like that on the News, my thoughts would be more with the individuals concerned rather than a few typos. There is a lot more going on in the world to be disgusted about.
Doc Brown called; he wants his time machine back.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending