The Student Room Group

TSR Halo Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Ugh, judging a game from its beta. Almost every option in Reach will be customisable to suit anyway, so stop whining. If you care that much about perfect balance, wait for MLG to bring out a competitive ruleset and play that.
Reply 62
Just saw their releasing a limited number of Halo reach edition of the console, the console is what looks like matt silver + halo reach the game and 2 custom controller for £249.99 due to be released on the 14/09/2010 i so want one, DAM you student loan hurry up :frown:.

http://www.game.co.uk//Xbox360/Hardware/Console/~r350696/Xbox-360-250GB-Halo-Reach-Limited-Edition-Console/

Reply 63
Age_of_Innocence
Urgh really? That feature sounds pretty ****. Also if you've a shotgun and you blast someone then go for the immediate beat down, if they hit this lockdown button they'll be immune I take it?
I haven't played the beta...from a few things I've read though it sounds like Reach is a Bungie version of Modern Warfare, with the little "perks" etc. Also, did I read someplace there is to be no battle rifle?

The shotgun/beat down combo works if you're quick enough, as it takes a moment to activate the Armour Lock. It isn't really easy though, timing is everything because if you do it too early then they kill you as you leave it, and too late you'll be dead. Plus you opt how long to go into it for which is important as you can let go early to surprise them, or stay locked for as long as possible and hope a mate comes a long and lends you a hand.

I found all the 'perks' to be pretty awesome in the beta.
The sprint should never be underestimated as it can propel you towards a much needed kill or help you escape the end of your killing spree :P
Invisibility is always awesome but you need to use it well to fool anyone properly.
The jetpack I found to pretty much say "Everybody look at me I'm out of cover you have clear shots so shoot me".... but jetpacks! You may die... but at least you get to fly! :p:

The Battle Rifle's still there though it doesn't have burst fire. I thought it worked really well...
Reply 64
You mean the DMR?
Reply 65
...Yeah.

It's been a while :o: :p:
Reply 66
Loool your so late. :facepalm:
Reply 67
Bit late.

Also 'matte' silver = grey :smile: The normal black console looks way better.
Reply 68
Nayberay
Loool your so late. :facepalm:

FXX
Bit late.
Also 'matte' silver = grey :smile: The normal black console looks way better.

Lol yes im extremely late i was considering which console to get so i wasnt fully aware :frown:. Is anyone planning on getting it?
Reply 69
Spexzzz
Lol yes im extremely late i was considering which console to get so i wasnt fully aware :frown:. Is anyone planning on getting it?

I prefer the shiny black look, which is the normal 250GB edition.

What I want to know is what the kinect bundles are going to be like...
Reply 70
looks epic!
Reply 71
Leaked?
Reply 72
G8D
The ending is on Youtube..

Yeah, have you seen it?
Reply 73
G8D
I watched the first 10 seconds, twice. But I freaked out as my inner-geek was shouting at me.

I'm going to get a non-gamer to watch it and tell me if it's epic :p:

Haha! I wish I hadn't sold my XBOX now...
Reply 74
chaz1992
lockdown is not a map. Lockdown is an option of something that you can have instead of invis, sprint or jet pack. When you sustain damage and are about to die, you simply press a button and you become indestructable for about 10 seconds. I got tired of people using it when they have a shotgun so when they come out of lockdown, you go for a beat down and they just shot gun you.

Actually, Lockdown is a map. It's a custom FFA map of Construct on H3.

What you're thinking of is Armor Lock. Some playlists won't even allow this AA. For example, in Slayer Pro you can only have Sprint, which is likely to be the case for MLG too. These Armor Abilities will just widen the skill gap anyway. The reason you don't like it is because it's new and you don't know how to react to someone using it. Hint: get behind them.

Plus, the amount of customisation in Customs is unbelievable. You can alter the game to exactly your preference.
Looks nice but I'm not going to be trading in my Elite for it. I like the controllers though definitly...
So guys wheres the best place to preorder this from?
Reply 77
Aeon Prince
So guys wheres the best place to preorder this from?

Depends what you mean by best?

Cheapest is here using the discount code FTSL15-1.

Quickest is probably GAME.

Edit: Best of both worlds; Argos have it cheaper than Tesco above, using the code XBOX15 and say they can guarantee delivery on release date.
Reply 78
Game has an exclusive chest-piece, if you care about that.
Reply 79
Shook
Actually, Lockdown is a map. It's a custom FFA map of Construct on H3.

The lockdown that mlg used was used for oddball and was made in foundry. It was also used in the mlg ffa playlist but was not used in combine ffa live competitions.

Anyways, anyone else planning to spend a full week solid hammering every achievement and all the multiplayer leagues?! I cant wait!

Quick Reply

Latest