Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ochy
Is Parkwood the party accommodation then?

I'm guessing there's more parties there than anywhere else ^^
It's slightly away from main campus and is like a 'house' so parties are 'easier' to do there (:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Onique
I'm guessing there's more parties there than anywhere else ^^
It's slightly away from main campus and is like a 'house' so parties are 'easier' to do there (:

That's good to know, cheers. Do you know if the Venue is any good
Reply 62
Original post by Ochy
That's good to know, cheers. Do you know if the Venue is any good

I'm still an applicant. So I don't sorry, but it looked quite nice on open day.. nice and modern (;
This thread makes me feel old.
Reply 64
Original post by Champagne Supernova
This thread makes me feel old.

Haha, did you study at Kent?
Original post by Onique
Haha, did you study at Kent?

I'm currently in my second year but when you guys start, I'll be starting my third and final year :afraid:
Reply 66
I'm currently in my second year but when you guys start, I'll be starting my third and final year :afraid:

:afraid: You are ancient!!
Reply 67
Hey,how would you say this uni is for accounting and finance?
Would you say its a good choice?
Original post by Tannu123
Hey,how would you say this uni is for accounting and finance?
Would you say its a good choice?

I've just started my first year of accounting and finance at Kent so I'm happy to answer any questions you have :smile:
Parkwood houses are literally always having parties. It's got to the point where if I can't hear something going on at night I suspect nuclear bombs have been detonated around the place but it was awesome for meeting people in freshers. I'm in the flats (ground floor, facing in to the 'courtyard' bit) and we have a few parties but as the houses open right out onto the paths they're mostly there. Flat parties require two doors to be held open by something/one and it's a bit of a pain. House parties are also dead handy if you happen to be bursting for the loo on the way back from Venue or somewhere and need to make a quick dash as I've found on multiple occasions. Bless Purchas Court and it's bathrooms.

Venue is also really good, cheap Jagerbombs before 11pm and free entry before 10! Pre-drink and you're good to go.
Reply 70
Original post by NormalsWeird
Parkwood houses are literally always having parties. It's got to the point where if I can't hear something going on at night I suspect nuclear bombs have been detonated around the place but it was awesome for meeting people in freshers. I'm in the flats (ground floor, facing in to the 'courtyard' bit) and we have a few parties but as the houses open right out onto the paths they're mostly there. Flat parties require two doors to be held open by something/one and it's a bit of a pain. House parties are also dead handy if you happen to be bursting for the loo on the way back from Venue or somewhere and need to make a quick dash as I've found on multiple occasions. Bless Purchas Court and it's bathrooms.

Venue is also really good, cheap Jagerbombs before 11pm and free entry before 10! Pre-drink and you're good to go.

Sweet, no doubt in my mind where I wanna go know :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by Ochy
Sweet, no doubt in my mind where I wanna go know :smile:

Haha xD Parties at yours in freshers then? :wink:
Reply 72
Shwoop

What're you defining as "parties"? I'm living on the central court (grimshill) and there's no real 'house parties' that I can hear - just jovial gatherings :tongue:
Reply 73
Eliot parties ftw.
Original post by Blazara
What're you defining as "parties"? I'm living on the central court (grimshill) and there's no real 'house parties' that I can hear - just jovial gatherings :tongue:

Oh gosh I feel judged! Jokes jokes - well I'm from Bath so my definition of 'party' is probably a little more staid than most :wink: generally it's the jovial gatherings but some have been pretty big and I've been to more than a few where they've pumped out some music pretty loud. Lots of alcohol as well.

Which, come to think of it, may have been responsible for my perception of the party atmosphere...
Reply 75
Oh gosh I feel judged! Jokes jokes - well I'm from Bath so my definition of 'party' is probably a little more staid than most :wink: generally it's the jovial gatherings but some have been pretty big and I've been to more than a few where they've pumped out some music pretty loud. Lots of alcohol as well.

Which, come to think of it, may have been responsible for my perception of the party atmosphere...

Ahha, no judgement - just curios. We've got 2 wanna be DJs on the court, so they've been known to blast music - shame they're douchey 'lad' types :P. I know that gatherings happen a lot, usually the pre-drinking occurs in my kitchen (which makes no sense as it's 5 room) while I'm being a shut in and doing law seminar work :[.

I'm from the Isle of Wight, I didn't even know what a party was ;D
There are 'parties' all over campus tbh. Ranging from people drinking loudly in halls/houses to big gatherings in halls/houses with plenty of loud music etc and muchos people drinking :p: There's not like oen every night though :wink: So going by this, as Parkwood is the biggest accommodation in the sense of so many people live there and the fact they're mini houses, means it's easiest to hold one there, so you're probably more likely to find one there :yes:
Reply 77
(:

Original post by Blazara
(:

(:

Got the scary email saying my Ref had sent my App off today!
Can either of you remember how long it took to receive an offer/acknowledgement from Kent?
Thank you!
Reply 78
I'm applying for actuarial science, just waiting on my reference.

Did anyone else think Kents accomodation was quite expensive? I can only afford the shared bathrooms, which are still more than the en-suite I viewed at UEA....I only looked at the cheapest lot at Kent though and it was actually really nice.
Original post by Onique
Got the scary email saying my Ref had sent my App off today!
Can either of you remember how long it took to receive an offer/acknowledgement from Kent?
Thank you!

I applied on December 1st and I'm pretty sure I found out in January - but this is still pretty early to apply so it might be sooner for you. I don't think I got an acknowledgement from Kent but they usually come through within a few days/a week. Good luck! What do you want to study?

Quick Reply

Latest