The Student Room Group

Film and Television Production 2012

Hey :smile:

I wanted to post all the unis that I applied to and see if anyone else had recieved and offers/interviews yet?
and also from students already at the uni to tell me what the course is really like and if they enjoy, plus general uni life as well! I hope you can help haha.

I applied to the following:

- Bournemouth University - Wiltshire College - Film Production and Cinematograpy (Interview)
- University of Hertfordshire - Film and Television Production Fiction (Conditional Offer)
- University of Arts London - Film and Television
- Middlesex University - Television Production (Conditional Offer)
- Ravensbourne - Digital Film Production

Would really like to know what its like at wiltshire college especially as i cant seem to find much info on other students attending the course!

Help will be greatly appreciated :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have applied to:

Newport - Film and Video
AUCB - Film Production
Westminster - Film and Television Production
Hertfordshire - Film and Television Production
Glouscestershire - Digital Film Production

I have received a conditional offer from Hertfordshire, done the questionnaire for Westminster and have been told that they will tell me next year if I will be invited to an interview, only received an acknowledgement letter from AUCB. Haven't heard anything from Newport and Glouscestershire. Worried about Newport becuase I really loved it so would like to get an interview.
Reply 2
I have applied to-

AUCB- Film Production
Westminster- Film & TV Production
UWE- Film making and creative video
Royal Holloway- Media Arts

and Oxford Brookes for media and communications with psychology (not quite TV & Film production lol)

I've had an acknowledgement and track stuff from AUCB and UWE. I'm currently doing the Westminster questionnaire now.

Good Luck peeps :-)
Reply 3
york - film & tv production
royal holloway - media arts
sheffield hallam - film & tv production
westminster - film & tv production
staffordshire - media production

got an interview for york next wednesday and i have an offer from royal holloway. i got the questionnaire from westminster but never did it lol and an acknowledgement from sheffield hallam
Reply 4
Thanks to all of you for responding! Its really nice to see where people have applied etc :smile: I wish I'd applied to Royal Holloway that course looks great! Definitely missed that good one :frown: ahha. well done on all offers/interviews!
MissBlueskys: Im scared hertfordshire are going to reject me as it seems lots of people already have offers / interviews etc from there! :s

Good luck to you all!
Reply 5
Original post by metric
got an interview for york next wednesday and i have an offer from royal holloway. i got the questionnaire from westminster but never did it lol and an acknowledgement from sheffield hallam

When did you send your UCAS off? Holloway is one of top choices.
Reply 6
Original post by Liam2987
When did you send your UCAS off? Holloway is one of top choices.

mid October, what about you? yeah I loved RHUL good luck :smile:
Reply 7

I have applied to-

AUCB- Film Production
Westminster- Film & TV Production
UWE- Film making and creative video
Royal Holloway- Media Arts

and Oxford Brookes for media and communications with psychology (not quite TV & Film production lol)

I've had an acknowledgement and track stuff from AUCB and UWE. I'm currently doing the Westminster questionnaire now.

Good Luck peeps :-)

Hey, make sure you keep checking your track thing from AUCB! I applied there too, and checked to find that I have an interview. They didn't email me details through my UCAS email. Just make sure you keep checking, because I didn't until recently and the message had been sat in my track for like 4-5 days :smile:
Reply 8
Hi Guys,

I'm from down in Cornwall and have applied for:

AUCB - Film Production (which I have an interview for on the 19th Dec)
Bournemouth Uni - Television (which I have an interview for on the 20th Dec)
Hertfordshire/Hatfield Uni - Film and TV (which I have a conditional offer for)
Falmouth - Film
Newport - Film and Video
Reply 9
Original post by MissBlueskys
I have applied to:

Newport - Film and Video
AUCB - Film Production
Westminster - Film and Television Production
Hertfordshire - Film and Television Production
Glouscestershire - Digital Film Production

I have received a conditional offer from Hertfordshire, done the questionnaire for Westminster and have been told that they will tell me next year if I will be invited to an interview, only received an acknowledgement letter from AUCB. Haven't heard anything from Newport and Glouscestershire. Worried about Newport becuase I really loved it so would like to get an interview.

Yeah, I got a conditional from Hertfordshire too! I could have sworn they said they were interviewing everyone. I'm not complaining though! I went to a Newport open day and it looks fantastic right? I put down there too, and I have had responses from nearly everywhere else, but not them. I'm sure they'll get to us soon enough :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by metric
mid October, what about you? yeah I loved RHUL good luck :smile:
Oh that's cool. I sent mine off a couple weeks ago. Still lots of time then! :-)

Original post by halsmith
Hey, make sure you keep checking your track thing from AUCB! I applied there too, and checked to find that I have an interview. They didn't email me details through my UCAS email. Just make sure you keep checking, because I didn't until recently and the message had been sat in my track for like 4-5 days :smile:
Thanks for that- I'll check it in a bit. Kind of weird an email isn't sent out! :-/
I posted quite a few messages tonight so I just decided to stick them all together in this post.

Post 1
Yeah, I got a conditional from Hertfordshire too! I could have sworn they said they were interviewing everyone. I'm not complaining though! I went to a Newport open day and it looks fantastic right? I put down there too, and I have had responses from nearly everywhere else, but not them. I'm sure they'll get to us soon enough :smile:

Hi, When I went to the Hertfordshire, I asked the lecturer for portfolio advice and he told me they didn't do interviews. Was kind of relieved, one less interview to worry over :biggrin: I am completely in love with Newport, I think cause it is so different to london and everyone was so friendly. Hopefully they do get round to us. Good luck with your interview at AUCB! That is the one I am most worried about, they have such high standards :smile:

Post 2

Thank you so much for posting this! I read it and thought I might as well just check and I had a message saying I have an interview for the 19th Dec! I am so happy, I just went and woke up my sister. She is pretty annoyed but I am still happy. And also very worried as this will be my first interview and I am amazingly awkward/shy person. But ohh yeahhh! I really need some sleep :biggrin:

Post 3
I was just wondering if, the people applying to AUCB, are going straight from A Level/BTEC or Foundation? They say the most common feedback to unsuccessful applicants is to do a Foundation. I am coming from just A Levels and very little, 2 days, work experience. Slightly worried.

Post 4
Hi Guys,

I'm from down in Cornwall and have applied for:

AUCB - Film Production (which I have an interview for on the 19th Dec)

Sorry, I know have quoted you like five times. (I really shouldn't have found out in the middle of the night) You see on the portfolio guidelines it says "We will be particulary interested in how you have responded to a given brief" Is there anywhere on the message that states this brief? Or have you received any information about it through emails/letters?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by MissBlueskys

I was just wondering if, the people applying to AUCB, are going straight from A Level/BTEC or Foundation? They say the most common feedback to unsuccessful applicants is to do a Foundation. I am coming from just A Levels and very little, 2 days, work experience. Slightly worried.

I did a BTEC Nat Dip in media moving image. I got an email saying they want a grade C in maths which I don't have- But they also said that if I get an offer I have to have achieved a C before enrollment. AUCB is one of my top choices too, but I feel the same about their standards too. Good luck in your interview :smile:
I did a BTEC Nat Dip in media moving image. I got an email saying they want a grade C in maths which I don't have- But they also said that if I get an offer I have to have achieved a C before enrollment. AUCB is one of my top choices too, but I feel the same about their standards too. Good luck in your interview :smile:

I would really hate to lose out just for not doing art. Hopefully they accept more people from A Level and BTEC. Thank you! Good Luck to you too.
Reply 14
Well look at this way- If we don't get into AUCB were clearly too good for them! :smile:
Reply 15

Well guys, I do A level Art, Photography and Media Studies. I am applying straight from Sixth Form, but luckily I am predicted A*A*A on my UCAS ... Which I am happy with :smile:
Reply 16
Dont think I've seen anyone so far has applied to this uni but just got a conditional from Middlesex!
Reply 17
Just out of interest- Where do people think the best places to study for film & TV are?
Just out of interest- Where do people think the best places to study for film & TV are?

The best one that incorporates both is Hertfordshire, in my opinion. Westminster does the course too but they only do a module on television.
I am more interested in just Film though so I haven't looked into many film and tv courses.
Reply 19
Did any of you guys go to the Royal Holloway open day for the Media arts course?

If anyone has any information on the course, such as stuff like what kind of cameras do they use(do they ever use film?), if its more theory or practical based and other information.

I'm just curious. I attended their Royal Holloway film school competition last year , their editing suites were nice, studio seemed alright too, teachers were nice, but I didn't really ask much about the course as I didn't apply to it, would be nice to find out more about the course now though as I might be looking at the possibility of transfering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending