The Student Room Group

Letter from Student Finance saying they've overpaid me.

So I recieved a letter this morning (dated a few days ago, I've come home for christmas) and it stated that they'd overpaid me by 969 quid (my full grant amount for the first term). I had a bit of trouble getting them to assess me financially and recieved the full amount in november, after sending them sll the required information X numbers of times. Now they're going to take the amount back over the next two terms because my, and i quote, "grant entitlement has been reassessed". This is obviously incorrect and I'm going to have to call them later on but I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if there's any way I can sort this out quickly. Don't particularly like the idea of going back to uni in january with only £600 to last until the third installment... :/
there could be a number of reasons why they have re-assesed you i'd just give them a quick call find out why.
Reply 2
I got exactly the same letter a couple of days ago :s
Their line is closed until Wednesday for bank holiday though so I have no idea why they have 're-assessed' my grant entitlement.
Have you phoned them yet??
Reply 3
Have your parents had a pay raise at work?
This happened to me at the end of 2nd year. They expected me to pay back the full grant entitlement for 2 whole years!!! I rang them up and went mental, they soon sorted it out.
Reply 5
In my case my circumstances are pretty much identical, can't believe they're closed until wednesday I need to get this sorted!

Original post by biffyclyro27
This happened to me at the end of 2nd year. They expected me to pay back the full grant entitlement for 2 whole years!!! I rang them up and went mental, they soon sorted it out.

Why had they reassessed you and what did you say to them?? I really can't afford to pay out any money after putting house deposits down etc
Original post by tuhinb
In my case my circumstances are pretty much identical, can't believe they're closed until wednesday I need to get this sorted!

Why had they reassessed you and what did you say to them?? I really can't afford to pay out any money after putting house deposits down etc

no idea, they just suddenly decided that they had never received the supporting information from my parents. I told them they had received it 2 years ago and they corrected it.

It was just student loans being ****....

Quick Reply

Latest