The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Clifton Campus Questions!!

I am applying to NTU to start in 2012 and the course I'm doing (spanish) is on the clifton campus.

So far I've heard nightlife and stuff in nottingham is really good and I've visited the Uni and really like it so I'm hoping to make it my first choice.

They only thing is, what is it like to live away from the city centre? Is it a hassle get into/back from town on a night out? Or even during the day?

Is there much to do on the campus, or are all societies and events based on the city campus?

Just anything you can tell me or reccommend to me about living on clifton would be great thanks!

Also, if you are applying to NTU clifton next year let me know! xx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth1407
I am applying to NTU to start in 2012 and the course I'm doing (spanish) is on the clifton campus.

So far I've heard nightlife and stuff in nottingham is really good and I've visited the Uni and really like it so I'm hoping to make it my first choice.

They only thing is, what is it like to live away from the city centre? Is it a hassle get into/back from town on a night out? Or even during the day?

Is there much to do on the campus, or are all societies and events based on the city campus?

Just anything you can tell me or reccommend to me about living on clifton would be great thanks!

Well there's what they call a "Uni-Link" bus that goes to Clifton from City and City from Clifton and I think operations end at 12? I'm not pretty sure as I'm based in the City Campus...
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
My boyfriend is studying Chinese and Global studies at Clifton and he absolutely loves it! Lots to do on campus and its not a long bus journey into Nottingham itself, I went to stay with him for a while on campus and I loved it too! :smile: I'm also applying there for History next year !:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Jo2305
My boyfriend is studying Chinese and Global studies at Clifton and he absolutely loves it! Lots to do on campus and its not a long bus journey into Nottingham itself, I went to stay with him for a while on campus and I loved it too! :smile: I'm also applying there for History next year !:biggrin:

oh that's cool! i wqas slightly worried about getting into town and stuff but various people have said it's fine :smile:
I'm applying for the clifton campus next year and was wondering exactly the same question. What halls are you looking at? :smile:
oh that's cool! i wqas slightly worried about getting into town and stuff but various people have said it's fine :smile:

It is absolutely fine, i started there this september, live practically on campus, and getting to the city is simple and quick :smile: Mon-Fri you can get the uni-link bus from literally on the campus (has its own bus stop) every 10-15 mins, on sat/sun you can just walk less than two minutes to the main road bus stop and grab any bus that goes past, journey into city centre takes 20 mins tops. Tis awesomesauce :smile:
Reply 6
I'm a current fresher living on campus in clifton and it's really not all bad getting into town for a night out or anything else as there's always a bus somewhere you can catch (there is one that runs all night called the skylink that stops just outside which you can get from the city for those who won't want to share a taxi home). Also many nights may just end at the point (mainly fridays) so you won't be needing the travel all the time.
Reply 7
As Frankio stated, you'll spend some nights at the point (He also forgot ÂŁ1 a pint Thursdays, damn you Frankio!!!) I only really go out in town on Wednesday's and maybe one other night, I just get an all day bus pass which is ÂŁ3.40 and lasts until 4:30am and as Frankio stated, the skylink bus gets you outside the campus.

Also, M block rocks, right Frankio? :wink:
Reply 8
Hey,
Im doing spanish there in 2012 too! I was on the phone to a current student there last night and she said its fine, there are always busses that cost 1.70 or if youre on a night out you can get a cab that costs about a fiver :smile:
Reply 9

i have an offer for NTU! for September 2012 entry if that is what you mean??? but yeah, will be on Clifton campus :biggrin: hopefully thinking of going into accommodation in peverell.. have you thought about accommodation yet?
Reply 10
Original post by Jenx301
i have an offer for NTU! for September 2012 entry if that is what you mean??? but yeah, will be on Clifton campus :biggrin: hopefully thinking of going into accommodation in peverell.. have you thought about accommodation yet?

Awesome! What have you applied for? I've applied for italian and spanish :smile: and yeah I would definitley have to go in peverell, new halls is so expensive! :tongue: Where are you from? x
Reply 11
Awesome! What have you applied for? I've applied for italian and spanish :smile: and yeah I would definitley have to go in peverell, new halls is so expensive! :tongue: Where are you from? x

my offer is for childhood studies :smile: wow two languages?! you must be really clever.... yeah lol defo, dont think its worth like an extra thousand odd quid every year just for a bigger kitchen and that. The rooms were not hardly any larger than peverrell. Im from manchester, how about you? Its cool finding someone who will hopefully be staying the same place as me!!

x
Which halls of residence are on sight? Or are there none that are?
Also, which area is best for hall parties etc...
Reply 13
Original post by ToyosiBaby
Which halls of residence are on sight? Or are there none that are?
Also, which area is best for hall parties etc...

theres two different halls on clifton campus: "new halls" + "peverell". NH is very new and modern with a bit more space... but P is cheaper and still quite nice. Tbh the bedrooms dont have much difference, its mostly like the kitchens in NH are bigger
Reply 14
Original post by Jenx301
my offer is for childhood studies :smile: wow two languages?! you must be really clever.... yeah lol defo, dont think its worth like an extra thousand odd quid every year just for a bigger kitchen and that. The rooms were not hardly any larger than peverrell. Im from manchester, how about you? Its cool finding someone who will hopefully be staying the same place as me!!

x

hahah I'm not, believe me! :P The italian course im doing you start from the beginning :smile: aw that sounds good, one of my friends is applying for childhood studies at northumbria. Have you firmed ntu? I'm from newcastlee :smile: xx
Reply 15
hahah I'm not, believe me! :P The italian course im doing you start from the beginning :smile: aw that sounds good, one of my friends is applying for childhood studies at northumbria. Have you firmed ntu? I'm from newcastlee :smile: xx

ah right, but still, languages are hard! yeah should be a good course.. I havent firmed yet because im still waiting on the uni of nottingham to get back to me, so i am only going to reply to offers once i have all of mine back. Also, I want to go to BCU for an open day before deciding which to have as an insurance or not :smile:
x
Reply 16

Original post by Jenx301

x

I've put NTU as my firm to do Italian and History and i've decided to go into peverell as well :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Jo2305
I've put NTU as my firm to do Italian and History and i've decided to go into peverell as well :smile:

cool :smile: maybe see you there then!
x
Reply 18
Original post by Jo2305

well then i will probably see you in italian! haha
Hey you guys!
I'll be joining Clifton Campus this September for Masters in Engineering Management. I've been very confused about accommodation . was hoping you guys could help me out a little. I was initially looking for private only but can't find anything good apart from that in the city center. But, I don't want to spend time travelling back and forth.
My options are New Hall- (which is also almost booked fully) or some private housing (which I can't find as of now near Clifton)?
I am running out of town literally. As I have been told New Hall isn't worth all that money. What should I do? If you are aware of any private housing please feel free to suggest!

Thanks
Nikita

Quick Reply