The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How can people think homosexuality is a choice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bad8oy
who am i to explain myself to you

Well that's kind of the reason you come on these forums, to discuss your opinions and explain why you have them. If you're going to say completely false things, make homophobic comments, and then make statments like "how can you call me ignorant?" then you should really expect people to challenge that.
Original post by bad8oy
how can you say it is natural in anyway what so ever. Man was made for Women. Women was made for Man. Man + Man = unnatural. they make aids and are bad for society as a whole

Even if it were unnatural (which, being observed in over 400 different species, is clearly not the case), you're doing something unnatural right now, I mean, do lions go on online forums on laptops to debate homosexual lions' rights?
Reply 322
We've been through this. There is evidence. They don't 'make aids', but they do continue to spread it. Gays get HIV and AIDs at much higher incidences than straight people (>50% of new infections in the US are gays, while being a few percent of the population). Clearly something about their lifestyle is harmful.
Reply 323
Original post by DYKWIA
We've been through this. There is evidence. They don't 'make aids', but they do continue to spread it. Gays get HIV and AIDs at much higher incidences than straight people (>50% of new infections in the US are gays, while being a few percent of the population). Clearly something about their lifestyle is harmful.

Our 'lifestyle' isn't any different to any straight person's! Some people have sex recklessly, that's what leads to high AIDS rates. No other reason.
Reply 324
Precisely. I always bring up the fact that the statistics in the UK are different, and that the majority of UK cases are heterosexual but DYKIA ignores them anyway.
Reply 325
They are the statistics I know.

And, of course:
(1) Gay infections per year are decreasing
(2) Heterosexual infections per year are increasing
(3) At the current rate of infection, heterosexuals will surpass gays.

What does that matter? It may simply be random chance from year to year. The fact remains that at the moment, gays are a big problem with HIV.

So... Again, your points don't mean anything. You don't get to arbitrarily select only certain data and exclude others. One of the rules of science is that you include all data.

I'm sure european statistics are the same or similar. As for the rest of the world, we are talking about the developed world here.

Anyway, as I've stated before, I have no interest in responding to you. You state the same arguments over and over again and everyone else, including myself, have the same responses over and over again. This is monotonous. You already know what I'm going to say, so just stop quoting me.

You're so stubborn and arrogant. You simply ignore what I say and dismiss it as homophobic and 'illogical'. I don't want gay marriage, get over it.
Reply 326
Original post by Gales
Precisely. I always bring up the fact that the statistics in the UK are different, and that the majority of UK cases are heterosexual but DYKIA ignores them anyway.

Do they account for a few percent of new cases? No. Oh, well in that case gays are more likely to get HIV. Remember that there are a very small percentage of gays in comparison to others.
Original post by DYKWIA

So sex itself is harmful? But homosexual sex is more harmful than heterosexual sex; I presume that's what you're insinuating.
Reply 328
Original post by DYKWIA
Do they account for a few percent of new cases? No. Oh, well in that case gays are more likely to get HIV. Remember that there are a very small percentage of gays in comparison to others.

I explain to you over and over again why AIDS cases are higher amongst homosexuals than heterosexuals. It's nothing to do with lifestyle or because 'we're not as clean' as heterosexuals. I'm not going over it again with you because you disregard what I say and assume more gay people have AIDS because we're degenerate or something.
Original post by DYKWIA
I don't want gay marriage, get over it.

Don't get one then.
Original post by DYKWIA
No, I'm saying that the rights of those who don't want their kids exposed to this stuff too much should be respected. Maybe it should be optional - i wouldn't want to be forced through some rant about why being gay is great.

Are you currently subjected to rants about how hetrosexuality is great? of course not so why would that happen with homosexuality, you dont seem to understand the concept of equality.

Also, children are going to be 'exposed to' homosexuality one way or another as they go about their lives, surely it's better to be taught about tolerating (preferably embracing) the different ways in which people live their lives rather than to throw them at something they dont recognise and dont know how to process.
Original post by bad8oy
how can you say it is right. how can you say i am ignorant??? if anyone is ignorant it is you because you cant see the real world for what it is

how can you say it is wrong?

i can say you are ignorant because you think gay people "make aids".

that last bit is meaningless. please explain to me how i do not see the real world for what it is, because as far as i can tell, i can see pretty easily that i am sitting on my bed typing a response to you on my laptop.
Original post by DYKWIA

Question - If HIV was not an issue, would you support gay marriage?
Reply 333
Original post by Darrenh800
Question - If HIV was not an issue, would you support gay marriage?

I'd still not support it, no.
Original post by DYKWIA
I don't want gay marriage, get over it.

wow what a great argument, so well thought out. i applaud your great debating skills, you should be proud of yourself.
Original post by DYKWIA
I'd still not support it, no.

So what's the reasoning then?
I doubt very few Christians would try and claim that homosexual urges are a choice but they'd argue that homosexual actions are a choice (in which they are technically correct).
homosexuality is a choice end of.

Mostly children and teenagers are mislead into there way of thinking, no one can deny that. Even adults get mislead. All this research about your born gay is bull****, its the way your brought up. Plus i dont hate gay people, but i wish they where shown the right path, and those who think gay are people who think too much, if they do feel this they should talk to someone who they can trust. e.g. a close friend or even your parent no matter what happens.
Reply 338
Original post by adamrules247
I doubt very few Christians would try and claim that homosexual urges are a choice but they'd argue that homosexual actions are a choice (in which they are technically correct).

I doubt you have any data to support this.
Original post by SoberFox
I doubt you have any data to support this.

Well it's the official teaching of the Roman Catholic CHurch that makes up over half of all of Christianity and also the teaching of the Eastern Orthodox Churches which make up the next largest group. On those figures alone my point is proved correct. My point would better be put as a minority of Christians believe that homosexual urges are a choice but my point still stands.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest