The Student Room Group

The Big Bang Theory Appreciation Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luxray
Where the hell is Amy in the option of whos my fave?

Anyway can someone help me out - which episode is it where Penny says different phrases when Sheldon keeps knocking at her door.

Agreed. Society leader people, get this sorted!

According to the uploader's title, this is from S05E02 The Infestation Hypothesis. Of course you may not be referring to this particular exchange of words.
Reply 3041
Original post by johnnyspal
agreed. Society leader people, get this sorted!

according to the uploader's title, this is from s05e02 the infestation hypothesis. Of course you may not be referring to this particular exchange of words.

yeah thats it :biggrin:
Reply 3042
Original post by pai2502
Really happy to see this thread! :smile: in fact, i was thinking of starting one myself! Jim Parson is up there with Rowan Atkinson! BIG fan of Sheldon. Previously Neil Patrick Harris was my favourite, but now its 'Flash' all the way! :biggrin:
But I really dislike Penny though.
1. She's really stupid.
2. She's not at all hot and beautiful as she would like to think herself to be.
3. She clearly overesteems herself due to a large no of even dumber punk boyfriends she's had. Really, I cannot understand Leonard's fixation with her.
AND
4. Pennyisafreeloader! xD

I love Penny, I think she's great, to address your points:

1- In an intellectual way, yes, but she has become far less air-headed through the series. And obviously, she's by far the smartest in social siutations.
2- Each to their own, I think she's gorgeous.
3- Eh, that's kinda natural. Like with her intelligence, I think she's getting better with it as the series moves on. She seems more 'girlfriend material' now.

I think she's a cracking character, yes she is/was your 'typical blonde' but noone else pushes Sheldon's buttons so well, or helped the group grow as they have (from complete social idiots to (mostly) reasonable people socially).
OHH MYYY DAYSSSS. When sheldon's prank on Kripke goes horribly wrong!

Wetting my pants right now hahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9CJHO-uBgc
Reply 3044
Original post by Mufasaa
I love Penny, I think she's great, to address your points:

1- In an intellectual way, yes, but she has become far less air-headed through the series. And obviously, she's by far the smartest in social siutations.
2- Each to their own, I think she's gorgeous.
3- Eh, that's kinda natural. Like with her intelligence, I think she's getting better with it as the series moves on. She seems more 'girlfriend material' now.

I think she's a cracking character, yes she is/was your 'typical blonde' but noone else pushes Sheldon's buttons so well, or helped the group grow as they have (from complete social idiots to (mostly) reasonable people socially).

Hmm, fair enough. But i think the director shouldnt make those four adept at handling social situations. Because their inablity to be socially normal is what creates the humour.
Yeah, and then the girls' group too is centred around Penny. Amy wouldnt have a 'bestie' without her! xD
Original post by pai2502
Really happy to see this thread! :smile: in fact, i was thinking of starting one myself! Jim Parson is up there with Rowan Atkinson! BIG fan of Sheldon. Previously Neil Patrick Harris was my favourite, but now its 'Flash' all the way! :biggrin:
But I really dislike Penny though.
1. She's really stupid.
2. She's not at all hot and beautiful as she would like to think herself to be.
3. She clearly overesteems herself due to a large no of even dumber punk boyfriends she's had. Really, I cannot understand Leonard's fixation with her.
AND
4. Pennyisafreeloader! xD

Sorry but I could not ignore your comment due to the content surrounding Penny. Her being 'stupid' is the whole idea - to contrast with Sheldon/Leonard/Raj/Howard. Without a polar opposite character in terms of intelligence then the show would be completely different.
As for 'she's not at all hot and beautiful as she would like to think herself to be', I have not experienced a single scene where she has mentioned her beauty in a completely unmodest way. Her acting skills maybe! She likes to think of herself as a 'pro actress' not a 'sex-bomb'. Which I can assure she is extremely sexy and beautiful.
As for your last two points covering her relationships, Leonard's attraction to her and the fact that she is a freeloader, then I can only tell you this. The writers made her like this because it makes her a distinctive character and adds a unique personality to the show. As for Leonard's fixation over Penny then again it's just another large aspect of the storyline. To be honest, I can't understand Howard's fixation with Bernadette more than Leonard and Penny. It's the contrast that makes the show what it is. And this is why it is a fantastic show!
Thanks for listening - I had to let that all out! :smile:
Reply 3046
Original post by adsm_inamorta
Sorry but I could not ignore your comment due to the content surrounding Penny. Her being 'stupid' is the whole idea - to contrast with Sheldon/Leonard/Raj/Howard. Without a polar opposite character in terms of intelligence then the show would be completely different.
As for 'she's not at all hot and beautiful as she would like to think herself to be', I have not experienced a single scene where she has mentioned her beauty in a completely unmodest way. Her acting skills maybe! She likes to think of herself as a 'pro actress' not a 'sex-bomb'. Which I can assure she is extremely sexy and beautiful.
As for your last two points covering her relationships, Leonard's attraction to her and the fact that she is a freeloader, then I can only tell you this. The writers made her like this because it makes her a distinctive character and adds a unique personality to the show. As for Leonard's fixation over Penny then again it's just another large aspect of the storyline. To be honest, I can't understand Howard's fixation with Bernadette more than Leonard and Penny. It's the contrast that makes the show what it is. And this is why it is a fantastic show!
Thanks for listening - I had to let that all out! :smile:

*waves white flag*
Original post by pai2502
*waves white flag*

Bazinga! :wink:

Dr.+Sheldon+Cooper+approves+_36d102c88edf07f46de0447edc974389.jpg
Reply 3048
Original post by pai2502
Hmm, fair enough. But i think the director shouldnt make those four adept at handling social situations. Because their inablity to be socially normal is what creates the humour.
Yeah, and then the girls' group too is centred around Penny. Amy wouldnt have a 'bestie' without her! xD

Personally, I like where the group's gone. More sociable but still clearly not that up to speed. It allows for more stupid situations, I think.
Reply 3049
I HATE THE BIG BANG THEORY

bazinga
Original post by adsm_inamorta
Is it me or are the writers aiming towards Raj coming out as gay? In one of the latest episodes there are mentions of his sexuality and I think that this would be an awful way to explain his inability to talk to women unless alcohol is involved. I understand that TV nowadays must embrace modern society in terms of culture and sexuality but is this really the best path to take in TBBT?

Note the ending...
[video="youtube;nW29y95ewCY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW29y95ewCY[/video]

Original post by JohnnySPal
Agreed. Society leader people, get this sorted!

It is not possible to amend a thread poll otherwise I would have changed the immediately realised mistake with Raj's title lol. I feel your pain though, its sad that she cannot be added - but think about it; Bernadettes worse off as she's been around even longer!
Reply 3051
Original post by Jennie1987
Note the ending...
[video="youtube;nW29y95ewCY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW29y95ewCY[/video]

It is not possible to amend a thread poll otherwise I would have changed the immediately realised mistake with Raj's title lol. I feel your pain though, its sad that she cannot be added - but think about it; Bernadettes worse off as she's been around even longer!

A supermod or admin can reset the poll for you with new options :wink:
My favourite parts of the 4 part extraveganza to celebrate the 100th episode

Spoiler

Original post by Mess.
A supermod or admin can reset the poll for you with new options :wink:

Yeh but reset would mean we would lose the current rankings - you cant delete the history of our society, its sacriligeous! Like the Pope who gave away hundreds of precious church archives because the cost was too high to return them to Italy after Napoleon took them. Then they were used to wrap fish and bread, lost forever.
Reply 3054
Geeks reunite!

Sheldon for president.
Reply 3055
Anyone likes that 3k pounds portrait Amy brings Penny? I think it was really beautiful and Penny looked better in it than in real life.

But seems Bernadette begs to differ. 'Transvestite'!!??:eek:
Just saw the most recent episode. It's great to see Sheldon getting some of his own medicine.
Ah this program is amazing. I love how funny Sheldon and how he never shuts up. Not really anyways.
Sheldon is the most loved I wonder what he'd say?
BAZINGA!
Reply 3059
Original post by Jennie1987
My favourite parts of the 4 part extraveganza to celebrate the 100th episode

Spoiler

How could you leave Leonard's Reebok with the gunshot wound off that list?!! :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending