The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra

Hi,

Just got a fast question regarding UCAS Extra;

Lets say I get 2 conditional offers, but fail to achieve them, will I still be eligible to apply via UCAS extra to start uni?
Reply 1
UCAS Extra is open now, so unless you get your results now then no
Reply 2
Original post by lejonnat
Hi,

Lets say I get 2 conditional offers, but fail to achieve them, will I still be eligible to apply via UCAS extra to start uni?

You will not be eligible to apply through extra, but you will be eligible to apply through clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by lejonnat
Hi,

The only way in which you can apply to extra is if you tell the Unis to reject you (I'd assume you made your decision as to which is your firm and insurance?)
Reply 4
Original post by mr tim
The only way in which you can apply to extra is if you tell the Unis to reject you (I'd assume you made your decision as to which is your firm and insurance?)

Not necessarily, you can withdraw from places and then go into clearing.
Reply 5
Original post by bownessie
Not necessarily, you can withdraw from places and then go into clearing.

Not exactly - you ask them to release you and this can take up to 2 weeks.

But then Mr Tim is wrong, as you can't tell unis to reject you just so you can use Extra.
Reply 6
Either way it is a fairly moot point... The op was referring to clearing anyway and was going under the presumption that the original offer had not been achieved anyway.
Reply 7
If a University does not give you an offer before the UCAS Extra deadline, does this mean you will not get your offer ???

Quick Reply

Latest