The Student Room Group

AQA AS BIOL1 biology and disease January 11th 2012

Hi guys, the exam is only one month away so i created a new thread on this. How is the revision going or when are you going to start revising. Anything related to this exam can be posted in this thread. Good luck everybody.
Oh god. This is my third time doing this exam. It's going to be my bitch this time though :P
Reply 2
Hi anyone got the mark scheme for this Exam?! Been looking everywhere!!
Original post by izzo
Hi anyone got the mark scheme for this Exam?! Been looking everywhere!!

Yeah :smile: Here you are.
Reply 4
Does anybody have the paper for this exam? Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Rizzy J
Does anybody have the paper for this exam? Thanks
yeah
Reply 6
Can anyone tell me why the number of molecules the triglyceride is formed is 4 and not 3? Is it due to one of the molecules having a double bond, this is question 1bi)

Also for 5bii) what is the stroke volume? and why? Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by izzo
Also for 5bii) what is the stroke volume? and why? Thanks

Stroke volume = 93 because 148-55 = 93.

What I don't understand is why it is 93, do you not take into account the other ventricle "shows the volume of blood in a man’s right ventricle at different times during one cardiac cycle" so you have to take into account the left ventricle as well? Or do you not?
Original post by . .
Stroke volume = 93 because 148-55 = 93.

What I don't understand is why it is 93, do you not take into account the other ventricle "shows the volume of blood in a man’s right ventricle at different times during one cardiac cycle" so you have to take into account the left ventricle as well? Or do you not?

Wouldn't have thought so as its only the blood from the left ventricle being sent round the body so that's the stroke volume :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MediterraneanX
Wouldn't have thought so as its only the blood from the left ventricle being sent round the body so that's the stroke volume :smile:

I see but then why does the table show data for the right ventricle?
Original post by . .
I see but then why does the table show data for the right ventricle?

To mislead you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest