The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hi there,

Does anyone have good summary notes on how AID affects development in Africa, as I seem to be a little unsure of this part.

Any help is appreciated, as I know many people are talking about this possibly being in the exam.

If it was about aid and development, what would you talk about in this section?
Reply 181
Original post by yelhsa007
thats cool then, do you think it could be like local councils and holyrood co-op and conflict?

Probably conflict between the two holyrood. However it is more than possible that they could do local councils in relation in a devolved Scotland in general, however that was the 2008 question so they will probably change it.

Original post by Dave! Yognaut
bump (for Wealth and Health Inequalities in the UK)

I am thinking gender inequalities and possibly lifestyle. Lifestyles has not came up since 2010 however that is pretty recent. Gender goes further back to 2010 as well. However it is more likely that they won't make it a third year because 2008 was a gender question.

Also welfare principles is likely to come up as no exact question on welfare principles have come up since 2007.

Best bet. Gender and welfare principles. Possibly Lifestyles or poverty but these are more slim chances in my opinion.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 182
seems to be quieting down now, hope everyone is studying hard! .. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TOMORROW! :smile: :tongue:
We've been told to look at:

. Impact of devolution on Scotland/Scottish People
. To what extent does the media influence/shape voting behaviour?
. Reduction of social and economic inequalities in the USA
. Link between poverty and ill-health

For the DME we've been asked to look closely at care for the elderly or minimum pricing.

Anyone offer any potential rulings-out?
Reply 184
Original post by rjthomson95
We've been told to look at:

. Impact of devolution on Scotland/Scottish People
. To what extent does the media influence/shape voting behaviour?
. Reduction of social and economic inequalities in the USA
. Link between poverty and ill-health

For the DME we've been asked to look closely at care for the elderly or minimum pricing.

Anyone offer any potential rulings-out?

We have been told different things, we were told to look at
-local councils and scottish government
-pr vs fptp
-powers of the president/ethnic minority influence on voting
-impact of income on health/govt policies to reduce gender and ethnic inequalities
Reply 185
we've been told to look at everthing haha!
But for health&Wealth, our teacher was pretty adament about revising an answer to "Examine the view that the government should take less responsibilty for its citizens", and he writes the exam, sooo hopefully! :wink:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Reply 186
****eing myself now.
Anyone got any decent tips or anything for paper 2?
Not even thought about timing and stuff yet
Good luck tomorrow everyone xD
Hopefully all the stressing out has been for nothing and the questions we are hoping for actually come up in the paper
Reply 188
Original post by shedrule
But for health&Wealth, our teacher was pretty adament about revising an answer to "Examine the view that the government should take less responsibilty for its citizens", and he writes the exam, sooo hopefully! :wink:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

How would you answer a question like that?
Original post by sophiemcbarron

Collectivist vs Individualist approach I guess.
Original post by sophiemcbarron

I assume you'd say that the Government has passed enough policies already, such as National Minimum Wage, Job Seekers Allowance, etc. and they just need time to work. Also write about how citizens need to change their lifestyle as many smoke, don't exercise enough, drink excessively, etc. I'm just guessing though, that's how i'd try to answer it if it came up.
so nervous now, I have about 15 essays i'm trying to memorize :frown:
Reply 192
Original post by Leannarama
so nervous now, I have about 15 essays i'm trying to memorize :frown:

saame :frown: 15? I've got like 20 :frown:
aww dear, I haven't even done a DME since the prelim... has anyone else not practised the report much??
oh goddd....how do i answer a question on conflict between councils and sp!!!!!!
Reply 195
saame :frown: 15? I've got like 20 :frown:

You are revising 20 but only 4 that you have to do. You'll be fine. i think il probably have revised about 8 essays. For D.M.E you could always write up quick notes so you can revise when you have a break in between your exam.
Reply 196

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

That essay is way to weird. I dont think it will be that to be honest, If that is one of the B section question then the other B secion question will have to be really simple like income is a main factor that affects health. Discuss. If not, im complaining LOL
Reply 197
Give it Your best shot! Just make sure that you watch your timing on each of your essays. Roughly 22 and a half minutes on each essay! You will get marks on simple things like conclusion and intro so don't stress out too much.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:wink:
Reply 198
How much does everyone else write in a decent essay??? I try for 4/5 sides but I never finish the 4th essay
Reply 199
Well good luck everyone for today.

Latest